Author Topic: Earn credits for filming  (Read 5559 times)

Offline Annonymous? got a problem?

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Earn credits for filming
« on: November 27, 2012, 02:22:13 AM »
Hello many of you have probably experienced mass rdm or prop killing while no admin was on and not had proof. My idea is that we should have a group of recorders who would be on more than admins to gather evidence.  With this people(truthful people) could apply to admins as a recorder if you are accepted it is your job to record your everyday game-play and submit it to admins. After this a video admin would check for fps, clarity, and realness(not faked or staged). If it is passed as acceptable then the person would be payed credits. The payment would be defined by the hour, most likely like 50-100 credits per hour. Due to the affect this could have on the servers economy these people would have to turn in a set amount of footage per week. they would also be given the ability to see reports and be expected to go to the site of a crime to get evidence. Due to the danger of these things they would need instant re-spawn if killed. Lastly they should have their own rank system so that they have use for earned credits, example:

Gold Recorder(Golden member with recorder position)
V.I.P. Recorder(V.I.P. member with recorder position)
Recorder(Normal member with recorder position)

Please give your opinions in the comment section.         P.S. if this idea is approved for testing i volunteer to help.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Earn credits for filming
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 03:19:57 AM »
This is actually a semi-decent idea thou I think it should be simplified. Anyone who posts a ban request and it results in a successful ban is rewarded 25-100 credits for there good work. No one wants to sit around watching demos and videos all day.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 03:22:37 AM by Bobby »

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 04:42:51 AM »
This idea is incredibly time consuming and should propably not happen.

As well as rewards for successful ban request may not sound so bad, but it will most likely not happen because then people will most likely get out of their way to get people banned.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 04:58:14 AM »
This idea is incredibly time consuming and should propably not happen.

As well as rewards for successful ban request may not sound so bad, but it will most likely not happen because then people will most likely get out of their way to get people banned.

What's so bad about people going out of there way to get people banned? It's only against the rules to go out of your way to try getting a single target banned but a person going out of there way to clean up the server? That's fine. If there are consistent gaps during populated hours where administration is missing, this is the second best thing. People using what they got to do it themselves and getting rewarded for it.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 05:59:21 AM »
Because this is a community to enjoy. Not to get as many people banned as possible.

Going out of your way to get as many people banned is NOT fine.

Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 10:29:04 AM »
Adding to Nick's point a bit, you as player's are supposed to be on for enjoyment, not hoping on in hope's you'll find someone who's breaking the rules so you can report them all. It's easy to just open up console  and type "record hihelloimademo" and just run around doing what you normally do without having to worry about anything else. I recorded all the time before I was admin, and I still do. You don't need a special position for doing this. And also, why would you get credits for getting ban requests accepted? Admins aren't paid (Well, at least I'm not ^^), so you'd have like 1000 credits in 10 hours of gameplay. You aren't going to get rewarded for getting someone banned; you should be doing it because you want to make the server better.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 08:18:47 PM »
everyone has very reasonable and the time consuming thing is true i mean the point of it is not having people look over hours upon hours of game play but to have the process be that an admin gets a special no proof ban request with a relative time and they look at any video gathered from that point this being why they would have access to reports

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 08:22:18 PM »
Like I said, you aren't gonna get paid for doing this stuff. If you have evidence that could help solve a ban request/appeal, you should post it with relavent information regardless of position/rewards you may get. Obviously no one is going to go through hours upon hours of gameplay just to look for stuff like that (or at least I hope you aren't), so that's out of the question. But yeah, you should be doing stuff like recording to stop rulebreakers because you want to help the community overall, not to gain a cool title and some credits (which cost IRL money as well).

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 11:18:03 PM »
I'm really just trying to climb the ranks and become an admin. i started on this server shortly after a r.p. server i was admin on owned my friend had shutdown permanently because he became mentally unstable and unable to maintain his server. it was a really sad process to watch one of my closest friends slowly deteriorate and become so unstable he had to be admitted to a mental hospital indefinitely. I was not really able to play almost any video games because it reminded me of losing him and i became too emotional. Now i have gotten past that and i am trying to find an admin position on a good server and i like the community of these servers. I'm kinda just trying to fill the void.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Earn credits for filming
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 01:31:46 AM »
I'm really just trying to climb the ranks and become an admin. i started on this server shortly after a r.p. server i was admin on owned my friend had shutdown permanently because he became mentally unstable and unable to maintain his server. it was a really sad process to watch one of my closest friends slowly deteriorate and become so unstable he had to be admitted to a mental hospital indefinitely. I was not really able to play almost any video games because it reminded me of losing him and i became too emotional. Now i have gotten past that and i am trying to find an admin position on a good server and i like the community of these servers. I'm kinda just trying to fill the void.
Im sorry for you loss.
Anyways, being desperate to become admin is usually exactly the reason why someone will never become one.
You play our servers because you enjoy it. Not because you want more power.

Just saying.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 03:42:06 AM »
I guess the above posters do have a point. People shouldn't be getting rewarded for not RP'ing and instead just ban requesting. To you creeper, this community is a very fun community to be apart of and active in. If all you do is try to gain power you won't really have as much fun. I've been part of CG sense the beginning and I haven't even touched the admin rank, have I tried? Yes but I didn't make it my sole purpose of being here. Overall, my reccomendation is play and don't worry about it. If it comes to you it comes to you if it doesn't, it doesn't and just leave it at that.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 03:53:23 AM »
Maybe if you make a video guide or showcase. But definitely no to ban related shit

Sent from my Thundertalk using TapaBolt 2

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 04:32:41 PM »
The idea of earning credits has been brought up a lot since their inception, however we're on the fence about it. On one hand, it could give players incentive to do various things, on the other side, Catalyst-Gaming needs the income to support itself, and if people find they're able to obtain their goal without paying, we lose money. We'd like to assume those who would donate would anyway, but this is the real world. If you want VIP and have the option to spend a few days earning it rather than paying for it, you would.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 07:22:47 PM »
Maybe add a cap to earning in a set period like 3 months

Sent from my Thundertalk using TapaBolt 2

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal