Author Topic: Same sex marriage  (Read 30782 times)

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Same sex marriage
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2012, 10:29:56 AM »
Gaming Zealot, what are you doing with your time? How can you hate all these people or find them disgusting? How? I am genuinely intrigued as to how you could be so intolerant. Religion isn't set in stone, you know, it changes over the years, why not let it become more homosexual-tolerant? Also, what's up with the woman rights thing, do you have an issue with gender equality?   

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2012, 11:09:49 AM »
Gaming Zealot, what are you doing with your time? How can you hate all these people or find them disgusting? How? I am genuinely intrigued as to how you could be so intolerant. Religion isn't set in stone, you know, it changes over the years, why not let it become more homosexual-tolerant? Also, what's up with the woman rights thing, do you have an issue with gender equality?

Well, for the hate part one of the reasons I hate so many people would probably be my upbringing. My father is an incredibly cynical person who always took the time to explain to me why everyone not in our family is a greedy ignorant dumbass, but other than that probably the rest is natural. The disgust for gays I would imagine comes from being raised in a north eastern all white upper-middle class area. Pinpointing the exact origin of everthing I hate is dificult. As for religion, as I stated in my first post I'm not really a religious guy, my views are not caused by religion. I have many views that completly go against my religion, I'm barely even a Christian. And yes, I have an issue with gender equality, but that's not the point of this discussion.
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2012, 11:40:53 AM »
Well, for the hate part one of the reasons I hate so many people would probably be my upbringing. My father is an incredibly cynical person who always took the time to explain to me why everyone not in our family is a greedy ignorant dumbass, but other than that probably the rest is natural. The disgust for gays I would imagine comes from being raised in a north eastern all white upper-middle class area. Pinpointing the exact origin of everthing I hate is dificult. As for religion, as I stated in my first post I'm not really a religious guy, my views are not caused by religion. I have many views that completly go against my religion, I'm barely even a Christian. And yes, I have an issue with gender equality, but that's not the point of this discussion.

Is your north eastern white upper-middle class upbringing the standard upon which millions of other peoples' lives should be valued?

Would you describe your hate as well-defined and with objective cause, or do you just hate things for reasons you can't quite pin down?
o7

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2012, 11:41:18 AM »
The disgust for gays I would imagine comes from being raised in a north eastern all white upper-middle class area.

See, it started when Southern Christian Extremist and Zealots stated in the bible that being Gay was unholy. It spread some how to the North and I have no idea how it got to the North Eastern all white Upper-middle class area if it even did. But I know for a fact that the disgust for gays comes from the South and it stayed in the South or midwest for a long while and still to this day.

As I said before they made a movie about this: Brokeback Moutain.

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2012, 11:57:19 AM »

Is your north eastern white upper-middle class upbringing the standard upon which millions of other peoples' lives should be valued?

Would you describe your hate as well-defined and with objective cause, or do you just hate things for reasons you can't quite pin down?

Meh, I don't really know what specifically, being region or whatever caused my disgust for gays, hard to trace back and find a cause. Anyways my hate for some things is well defined and objective, and for others its just I've always felt disgusted by it. I have specific reasons I can justify hating gays with, except those reasons spread to many things and I really don't feel like stating because I've found most people tend not to like my reasons.
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2012, 12:02:34 PM »
At least try and explain your reasons other wise this image will be everyone's thoughts from now on...
Spoiler for Hiden:

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2012, 12:21:25 PM »
At least try and explain your reasons other wise this image will be everyone's thoughts from now on...
Spoiler for Hiden:

That's a good bit better than what people will think if I choose to explain my reasons, plus it would take to long to explain everything that influences it in detail. For now it will suffice to just say homosexuality disgusts me.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2012, 12:27:33 PM »
Let him hate homosexuals. It's his choice, and he's entitled to his opinion. You guys giving him shit for hating gays is the same thing as him giving you guys shit for accepting gays.

lol you giving us shit for us giving him shit for giving shit to gays is the same thing as him giving us shit for you giving us shit for accepting gays

Anyway, I do not prevent people from hating homosexuals. While they're at it, however, I enjoy asking them questions that help me better understand their opinions.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:42:10 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2012, 01:53:49 PM »
Let him hate homosexuals. It's his choice, and he's entitled to his opinion. You guys giving him shit for hating gays is the same thing as him giving you guys shit for accepting gays.

lol you giving us shit for us giving him shit for giving shit to gays is the same thing as him giving us shit for you giving us shit for accepting gays

Anyway, I do not prevent people from hating homosexuals. While they're at it, however, I enjoy asking them questions that help me better understand their opinions.

He wasn't giving shit to gays though. He was stating his opinion. Also, I wasn't giving anyone shit, I was just saying that you should respect his opinion, something almost everyone on Catalyst refuses to do.

I'm honestly trying not to give him shit. Just trying to give him facts on the origin of homosexual hate. Opinions are opinions, not fact.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2012, 02:42:49 PM »
Homosexuality and gay marriage is real simple to me...

Homosexuality:
- You don't choose to be gay. How do I know? I'm gay and I didn't wake up one morning and decide to like dick. It just happened.
- If two guys being happy with each other disgusts you, then you disgust me. You need to fucking learn to tolerate people if you want to survive in modern society. Does a black guy and a white girl having a relationship disgust you? I mean really, your arguments sound like those of supporters of segregation in the 1960s.

Gay marriage:
- Religion has no place in a debate on gay marriage for two reasons: the First Amendment, marriage in the Bible often involved multiple wives, concubines, and slaves.
- There are so many (nearly a hundred) benefits to marriage, and it's unfair to restrict that to a man and a woman.
- Don't like gay marriage? Don't marry your own sex! It's really that simple.
Live free or die

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2012, 09:00:47 PM »
In my opinion, every human being's mind is perverted one way to another (this doesn't mean it's bad) When we have an sexual attraction to someone (or something) Is uh.. shit let me just give an example: If  male 1 is attracted to  male 2 because of let's say we call this attraction:A. In male's 1 mind is attracted by people with A, and let's say this attraction would be Male only, then in this case Male 1 would be attracted to Male 2. It's the same thing with Male being attracted to Female. (I think i made it more confusing but w/e)

I don't agree with Homosexuality but that doesn't it should be against the law, because it's a person's choice. As human beings our minds are perverted but some minds are more than others.

Now for the "Oh we were born that way." Is bullshit. If that were the case human beings would be able to produce no matter what the sex was. For example: Since Pedophilia is an sexual attraction (and an disorder) then why are they arrested if doctors considered this as a disorder? Wouldn't there be ways of keeping it to a minimum? Like autism for example, if we see symptoms at the first signs like: Unable to speak (My brother has autism and he couldn't speak until a the age of 4.), sameness, stacking. Then It can be treated with mental help. But it's an sexual attraction, so it would be the same thing as my example, it can be the same thing with other crimes that let's say Person A was going to rob Person B, this is a thought created by Person A because of something Person B owns.

TL;DR: All Sexual orientations and fetishes are all in perspective of one's mind, in this case we are all bisexuals.
How could it not be a choice? I couldn't bring myself to like dick in my ass and I'm sure a gay guy would find vagina repulsive. It's not like people wake up one day and think "I WANT TO GET FUCKED IN THE ASS BY 30 MEN AT THE SAME TIME"

If that wasn't sarcasm I would say this(And that assumption was right, then well shit.):

Summary

Sexual orientation isn't through a conscious process it's subconscious. For whatever was the sexual attraction for the sexual orientation to form. (Homo/hetero/bisexual it all outcomes as so) I suppose my robber theory was exaggerated because sexual orientation takes one's mind experience for a long amount of time (It probably can take at least 14 or more years or so (some longer than others) to develop but to let's say a church reconverts that it takes longer because the subconscious has how you say a similar symptom of autism:Sameness). Another reason for people to change there sexual orientation is through experience of let's say An unnamed Male sexual attraction to other males because maybe the experience of females were negative or has witnessed.

Look at this video for example:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg9cz11SJlU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg9cz11SJlU</a>

As you can see this male had to deal with a negative effect of the opposite gender, The unnamed male might think that: "Well if this is what women are maybe I should have a different sexual orientation, where I might not have to deal with this." This problem could be solved through a subconscious process as to choose a different sexual orientation or not to. It's in this case their "choice" whether to choose to stay with their current sexual orientation or change.

I suppose that means a male lion, who can have as many sexual partners as he wants, figures it makes more sense to have intercourse with another male lion all of a sudden? No. It's genes, occurrences in the brain that as a fetus, were abnormal and caused them to have reverse sexual orientation. Hardly a choice, unless they were a closet homosexual who decided to come out after some time.
So you're saying it's through genes? Then in that case I like how does one get this gene if it can be passed down through family? If it's a mental disorder we would know by a parent being a carrier of this gene. If you got an article of this type of such thing (and don't give me cba attitude it makes you a hypocrit)
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2012, 09:08:14 PM »
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/magazine/articles/2005/08/14/what_makes_people_gay/?page=full

This is very interesting, but to sum it up no one really knows, it's just a thing that cant be changed but can possibly be predicted non-scientifically, some people are gay, some aren't, and if you can't accept that then you either have some pretty bad issues with other peoples living which 9/10 times won't affect you in any way or you're just incredibly closed minded, which doesn't fit in with the world getting ever more liberal.

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2012, 09:19:17 PM »

Homosexuality:
- You don't choose to be gay. How do I know? I'm gay and I didn't wake up one morning and decide to like dick. It just happened.
- If two guys being happy with each other disgusts you, then you disgust me. You need to fucking learn to tolerate people if you want to survive in modern society. Does a black guy and a white girl having a relationship disgust you? I mean really, your arguments sound like those of supporters of segregation in the 1960s.

Gay marriage:
- Religion has no place in a debate on gay marriage for two reasons: the First Amendment, marriage in the Bible often involved multiple wives, concubines, and slaves.
- There are so many (nearly a hundred) benefits to marriage, and it's unfair to restrict that to a man and a woman.

Did you not read what I posted?

It's through a subconscious process of one's experience, sometimes sexual orientation is irreversible because what I can tell because it rejects it. It's like how a person can reject a new type of a learning curve because one was taught from a different type of learning curve.

This doesn't mean we should make one's orientationas a social taboo. We should respect their views as I respect the views of a conservative or Buddhist or how one thinks about love,life,religion or politics.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2012, 09:30:54 PM »

Homosexuality:

Gay marriage:

Did you not read what I posted?

It's through a subconscious process of one's experience, sometimes sexual orientation is irreversible because what I can tell because it rejects it. It's like how a person can reject a new type of a learning curve because one was taught from a different type of learning curve.

This doesn't mean we should make one's orientationas a social taboo. We should respect their views as I respect the views of a conservative or Buddhist or how one thinks about love,life,religion or politics.
My post wasn't just directed at you.
Live free or die

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2012, 09:35:09 PM »
make love, not war

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeCLwtWbhEs" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeCLwtWbhEs</a>

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal