Author Topic: Same sex marriage  (Read 32177 times)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Same sex marriage
« on: November 01, 2012, 01:59:58 AM »
I recently encountered a gent that severely opposed this topic, saying "God made it adam and eve, not adam and steve." I took offense to this; gay marriage hurts nothing and no one, such excuse would mean little in congress, and why deny the right to marry to some one? All men are created equal, but when will we actually respect that?

Please, I want to hear your opinions.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Same sex marriage
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 06:48:09 AM »
Personally, I am against it. My biology teacher once told me, "God put you on this Earth to reproduce." How can you reproduce with two men or two women? I just don't think it's right.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 06:54:36 AM »
God does not e- wait, Im not going to say anything about that. Nor should any of you as religious discussion is not allowed due to drama etc.

My point of view on gay marriage: Its their fucking choice. What does you damn opinion matter on someone elses love life.
Just let them if it makes them happy. They wont hurt anyone.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Jon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 07:14:25 AM »
I'm just against it because I would like marriage to be reserved specifically for a male and a female. No religious involvement, I just respect tradition and like it this way. A lot of homosexuals tend to ignore this fact and claim it doesn't hurt anyone, every time it's mentioned I get a pain in my chest.

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 07:39:24 AM »
Not that I am strongly against it I think the bible teaches that like wakeboarder said you God put you on this Earth to reproduce. Although that isn't strictly true but it's the modern age that has introduced gay marriage it's not something which has been taught which is why it's not looked upon fondly.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 08:19:29 AM »
Personally, I am against it. My biology teacher once told me, "God put you on this Earth to reproduce." How can you reproduce with two men or two women? I just don't think it's right.

Since when has marriage been solely about reproducing? Why should a man/figure/object we have no proof of ever existing be the one to say that gay/lesbian people may not marry? The thing that ticks me off is that if God is all loving and all forgiving, why would be be so strict and seem to invoke Christians to almost "hate" same-sex relationships?

But fuck this isn't a religious discussion, your views are your views etc, but yeah I think same sex marriages are fine, they hurt no one and if two people of the same sex wish to marry they should be perfectly allowed and able to do so

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 08:23:03 AM »
Not that I am strongly against it I think the bible teaches that like wakeboarder said you God put you on this Earth to reproduce. Although that isn't strictly true but it's the modern age that has introduced gay marriage it's not something which has been taught which is why it's not looked upon fondly.

The Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9).

Just because the Bible teaches something, that doesn't make it right. I'm personally for gay marriage, doesn't hurt anybody.

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 02:29:42 PM »
For gay marriage.
The main reasons I hear people opposing it is due to religion, and I respect all religions, but basing laws OFF OF religion/religious views violates the first amendment in the US(Look it up). Love is love, no matter what gender it is.
Tell me, why should your views dictate how others live their lives? Why should you control who other people love?
It doesn't hurt anyone, why should it be illegal if no one is harmed?

1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 02:41:36 PM »
The way I see gay marriage is more of a social hurdle, like the Woman's Right Movements and the Civil Rights Movement, once it's out of the way and we all accept them, the better. It's about damn time we set aside our trivial differences anyway instead of fighting each other over it.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 03:07:23 PM »
I am a religious person, or so I think myself to be (Roman Catholic) and though  the catholic church is against the right to gay marriage, I say they should be able to do whatever the fuck they please. I don't really think being gay is a choice, but I'm not quite sure. In the animal kingdom, humans are not the only homosexual animals. Mammals of all kinds are homosexual, and yet they aren't shunned from their prides/clans/whatevertheymaybewithin, unlike today's society, where if you try to come out of the closet any time before college, you're instantly pushed away, as if every single human of the same sex is just your sex toy. I'm quite sure that I don't want to have intercourse with every single woman I see, so if I see a gay person my age, I think the same thing- chances are they don't want to have sex with me, which is fine because I'm straight.

Even though Christians are taught that gay marriage (Or just BEING gay) is wrong, I was taught that it's still socially acceptable to be gay, and being homosexual can be part of original sin.

I didn't grow up in a gay loving or super modern catholic house. In fact my parents call gay people 'faggots' quite casually, and my sister likes to go up to Portland, where she now lives, and they call it 'Dykeville'

It just gets me heated when my parents act like that, I think everyone is created equally. Thinking otherwise is just fucking ignorant.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 03:10:19 PM by Cpl. Tray [22nd AB NA] [MP] »
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 03:17:45 PM »
I am a religious person, or so I think myself to be (Roman Catholic) and though  the catholic church is against the right to gay marriage, I say they should be able to do whatever the fuck they please. I don't really think being gay is a choice, but I'm not quite sure. In the animal kingdom, humans are not the only homosexual animals. Mammals of all kinds are homosexual, and yet they aren't shunned from their prides/clans/whatevertheymaybewithin, unlike today's society, where if you try to come out of the closet any time before college, you're instantly pushed away, as if every single human of the same sex is just your sex toy. I'm quite sure that I don't want to have intercourse with every single woman I see, so if I see a gay person my age, I think the same thing- chances are they don't want to have sex with me, which is fine because I'm straight.

Even though Christians are taught that gay marriage (Or just BEING gay) is wrong, I was taught that it's still socially acceptable to be gay, and being homosexual can be part of original sin.

I didn't grow up in a gay loving or super modern catholic house. In fact my parents call gay people 'faggots' quite casually, and my sister likes to go up to Portland, where she now lives, and they call it 'Dykeville'

It just gets me heated when my parents act like that, I think everyone is created equally. Thinking otherwise is just fucking ignorant.
Fucking respect man... I wish every religious person shared your attitude.
Srsly, +1000 respect.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 03:29:35 PM »
I'm religious in the sence I believe in God, but I don't follow many of his  teachings, nor do I take the bible  at  its word about how I should lead  my life. That being said I still hate homosexuals for the sole reason they disgust me, and thus I am against allowing them to marry. Hating them to me is the same as hating a spider is to people, I didn't choose to any more than they chose to be gay, and I could probably change my views if I opened up and exposed myself to more gay people, but I feel no reason to so for the forseable future I oppose gay rights.
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 03:32:22 PM »
I'm religious in the sence I believe in God, but I don't follow many of his  teachings, nor do I take the bible  at  its word about how I should lead  my life. That being said I still hate homosexuals for the sole reason they disgust me, and thus I am against allowing them to marry. Hating them to me is the same as hating a spider is to people, I didn't choose to any more than they chose to be gay, and I could probably change my views if I opened up and exposed myself to more gay people, but I feel no reason to so for the forseable future I oppose gay rights.

What's the reason, if any? Just interested, what "disgusts" you? Is it the fact another man might be attracted to you, do you hate gay males as much as lesbian females?

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 04:09:13 PM »
Well, I'm an athiest and.... never mind, going to respect Nicknero's post saying not to cause drama over religion.

Anyways, my opinion on gay marriage is, to be honest I have nothing against it.  I think anyone should be able to choose who they want to spend their entire lives with, who are we to judge them?  Some say, well they aren't born like that and can change, I'm not for certain but maybe they aren't?  Gays can also say the same thing about straight people and be like "Well you weren't born straight, so you should be gay" or so fourth.  Who are we to say other wise?  They can't reproduce, that's true, but who cares?  Marriage isn't about having sex and/or reproducing, well part of it is.  Still though, if two people want to spend their lives with a certain individual, then who are we to say otherwise?  It's retarded in my opinion.  It's a shame that people are still so ignorant about it and turn their heads towards people that like the same sex.  They are still human beings, and it's not like they killed someone or something.  One of the reasons that I don't believe in religion is all the issues and such it causes and how ignorant and such it can make people.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:13:29 PM by [HZ]Pvt. CrazyNinja »

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2012, 04:21:00 PM »
I don't agree with gay marriage, just for the pure fact that I think that it isn't natural... The anus is an exit only, lets keep it that way. I have gay friends and all that good stuff, but is this really worth discussing?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal