Author Topic: Grammar check and puctuation check.  (Read 3776 times)

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
Grammar check and puctuation check.
« on: August 31, 2012, 12:51:33 PM »
There should be a grammar and punctuation check, That was people who are not grammar Nazis can still have good grammar for forums, It can also help with applications too, Its not cheating but more of a good way to accept forum applications without getting rid of them for something someone can not find out, You expect people to find the grammar errors themselves and deny them because of grammar issues, Lots of typing programs have Grammar check like Microsoft word, So why dont you do and then you can save people time and failure.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Grammar check and puctuation check.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 12:56:31 PM »
Because when I hand in my job application they don't spell check it for me, as you said things like Word have a grammar/spelling check so just use that.

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 12:59:30 PM »
I do believe that could work, But why not just make a grammar check instead its much simpler.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 01:04:01 PM »
It's not, though. It's not simpler for our developers to either code or find a plugin and then add it compared to you checking beforehand in Word or even an online tool.

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 01:07:27 PM »
Well what about people like me who dont have word to check grammar on?

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 01:26:29 PM »
Find an online tool, hell if you don't have Microsoft Office you should probably be using Google Docs (online) or Openoffice, I can't imagine not ever needing it...

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 01:34:47 PM »
I use Google Chrome and if it finds a misspelled word it'll underline it and give me suggestion. You can also just use Google, too.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 03:03:00 PM »
I use Google Chrome and if it finds a misspelled word it'll underline it and give me suggestion. You can also just use Google, too.

This, Google Chrome comes with a built-in spell checker for if you misspell any words just like Microsoft Word, underlines it and then you right click and select the right spelling. It usually defaults to English (US) on the English version of Google Chrome but you can set it to English (UK) if you are from England for example, like me.

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 12:03:54 PM »
Do you know how long this would take to code?  As a programmer I tried to do this for a minecraft server that I am an admin on and it is a very intensive and tedious program to make because you have to code in every word and misspelleing you want to correct.

I cannot imagagine the hell that would be unleashed from attempting to code such a monster without an IDE.
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal