Author Topic: Delete Inactive accounts  (Read 3361 times)

Offline L3GO-Barry

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Delete Inactive accounts
« on: August 28, 2012, 09:32:52 PM »
I was thinking that the inactive accounts should be removed mainly the ones that havent been use in over a year or more.

just a suggestion.
Hi im ben trollen im from Microsoft IM BANNING -_- If abortion is murder, blowjobs are cannibalism

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Delete Inactive accounts
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 10:35:10 PM »
I'm not sure on this, but I think it's hard to tell. When you first join a CG server you have to register a forum account via an in-game menu, and some of those people still play everyday/week, but never go on the forums. I don't think you can tell if someone has been active or not via forums as the "Last Active" part of the profile is for forums. If the account is deleted, it deletes all of their stuff I believe.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 10:37:07 PM »
There's no reason to. Maybe to delete unlinked accounts but still I don't see why

<::|| Sent from a mobile datapad codename Mecha ||::>

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 11:07:06 PM »
I'm not sure on this, but I think it's hard to tell. When you first join a CG server you have to register a forum account via an in-game menu, and some of those people still play everyday/week, but never go on the forums. I don't think you can tell if someone has been active or not via forums as the "Last Active" part of the profile is for forums. If the account is deleted, it deletes all of their stuff I believe.

I'm not basing my numbers off of SMF's flawed logged in time system. I'm using Google analytics which gives live stats on our forum.

People who don't use the forum are not active members of the community and even so, the percentage that fits into your description is negligible.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 12:23:07 AM »
Some of our hl2rp players register in game and then never log in, I guess people wouldn't "not log in" for a year but this sort of thing happens due to the forced registration system

Offline L3GO-Barry

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 07:56:58 AM »
Some of our hl2rp players register in game and then never log in, I guess people wouldn't "not log in" for a year but this sort of thing happens due to the forced registration system

the thing is i never see the 20k of members that we have here delete the unused ones
Hi im ben trollen im from Microsoft IM BANNING -_- If abortion is murder, blowjobs are cannibalism

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 08:31:16 AM »
it's a lot of effort with a lot of possible complications for literally no gain.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal