Author Topic: SpaceBuild suggestion thread  (Read 15766 times)

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: SpaceBuild suggestion thread
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 03:12:51 AM »
Smart constraint will be added.
Please dont add stupid contraint. Just add multi parent tools. Smart constraint spams tons of pointless constraints causing more issues than it fixes. Its weaker and generally worse than the multiparent tool

I doubt I'll add ship cores as it seems battle-centric and there is no weapons on Spacebuild.
Why not allow weapons then?
And enabling god for players seems... Pointless. It turns spacebuild into a plain build sever. That might just be my opinion, but its my opinion.
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 03:49:10 AM »
I think once we have a better map, stable version etc then i think having it as a space war server would be good but REGULATED.

This means:
white ships are neutral, not to be attacked or to attack
No shooting on earth
Weapon restrictions - i think some sort of money would be good to buy weapons not just spawn the biggest and win

For the money i think some sort of mining would be good. earth has 0, other planets have various things, they are more expencive as the more cangerous the planet gets, so a lava planet will have more than a plain planet with water.
Just gives a bit of rp to the build and a bit of competition :)

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 04:28:45 AM »
Smart constraint will be added.
Please dont add stupid contraint. Just add multi parent tools. Smart constraint spams tons of pointless constraints causing more issues than it fixes. Its weaker and generally worse than the multiparent tool

I doubt I'll add ship cores as it seems battle-centric and there is no weapons on Spacebuild.
Why not allow weapons then?
And enabling god for players seems... Pointless. It turns spacebuild into a plain build sever. That might just be my opinion, but its my opinion.

1. Indeed, the only thing that Should be allowed is Multi Tool (for putting together any moving ship/vehicle/weapon/etc), as welding anything on spacebuild (that moves) will eventually cause incredible and massive Lag, this is a fact.

2. SBEP has many weapons avaliable, and they are Active already, they are all Entities, just use Wire to Use/Hook them up, its quite simple.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 05:02:30 AM »
I think once we have a better map, stable version etc then i think having it as a space war server would be good but REGULATED.

This means:
white ships are neutral, not to be attacked or to attack
No shooting on earth
Weapon restrictions - i think some sort of money would be good to buy weapons not just spawn the biggest and win

For the money i think some sort of mining would be good. earth has 0, other planets have various things, they are more expencive as the more cangerous the planet gets, so a lava planet will have more than a plain planet with water.
Just gives a bit of rp to the build and a bit of competition :)
But its not an RP server. Money would just remove the build part of spacebuild.
And I repeat, dont add stupid constraint. Add multi-parent.
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline TylerPirrilo

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 07:43:42 AM »
I suggest added the ship entites ;D
** CCA.C8-NOVA-OfC.(A).501 // bolts in, spraying shotgun shells at the fagalol while fapping furiously
[LOOC] C8.CCA.GRID-03.423X: heres your present :D
[LOOC] C8.CCA.APEX-02.246: stunbatonnzz
** C8.CCA.GRID-03.423X hands him a couch
** CCA.C8-NOVA-OfC.(A).501 // cums all over the corpses while shouting and sticking out his tounge
[LOOC] C8.CCA.APEX-02.246: lol
Aftering Giveing him his present I hit him with my stun baton yelling
C8.CCA.GRID-03.423X yells "<:: FUCK YOUR COUCH NIGGA

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 11:37:26 AM »
The money thing isnt for Rp and the build aspect doesnt vanish. The money is just for weapons and also gives people a reason to explore, a reason to pirate, a reason to do more than just build, it gives player the opertunity to have a bit more fun. people can still build big, fun things. They can still be godded and make neutral ships. I could make a nice long thing if the idea is actually liked as a whole by the community.

Offline autism

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH [GMR2 Award] City Circuit Record
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 11:47:57 AM »
Hi yes. Im on my phone so too lazy to go look back but i suggest mutli nocollide. If someone already suggested it then i +support it. Tired of having to individually nocollide everything.
02/19/12 10:34:40 Nicknero1405 was killed by Nicknero1405 with a Nicknero1405

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 05:19:55 PM »
The money thing isnt for Rp and the build aspect doesnt vanish. The money is just for weapons and also gives people a reason to explore, a reason to pirate, a reason to do more than just build, it gives player the opertunity to have a bit more fun. people can still build big, fun things. They can still be godded and make neutral ships. I could make a nice long thing if the idea is actually liked as a whole by the community.
If only for weapons, and somone adds ship cores, that would be acceptable. If money gets reset every server restart to prevent dick swinging competitions of everyones 1x1 ship with 800 8x rocket pods But not for props or anything else.
Added a list of problems with the items under entities menu.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 08:33:26 PM by Degtyarev »

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 03:54:08 AM »
Two maps i want to forward for the vote. Both SB3.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=14058      Gooniverse - a good map, bit o0verused but still a decent map.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=123405   - An awesome looking map, user freidnly and lots of admin controlled things. Very good map :D

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2012, 04:07:10 AM »
Both of those are Spacebuild 2 maps.

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2012, 11:42:17 AM »
Sure they dont run with SB3? I have seen servers running them just as they are running this map. Im pretty sure they would work.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2012, 03:36:51 PM »
They can run on Spacebuild 3, sure, but they don't fully support it. Things like air and temperature out give false values.

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2012, 06:57:15 PM »
it isnt that bad, better than the current map. The second one is good but i think its a bit too much. I would just go with the ever popular gooniverrse.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2012, 10:55:55 PM »
Added spacebuild specific admins.
There are no admins that regularly play spacebuild, so minges are often free to get away with whatever they wish for 10+ minutes while admins are unavailable. HRP has them, why not spacebuild.

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2012, 06:21:39 AM »
Quite a few of us playu now actually everything is on. This includes but isnt limited to me, nick, caek, max and a few others. We are often playing as it gives us a nice break from RP. Still waiting for this map change :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal