Author Topic: SpaceBuild suggestion thread  (Read 15762 times)

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: SpaceBuild suggestion thread
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2012, 07:08:20 AM »
Quite a few of us playu now actually everything is on. This includes but isnt limited to me, nick, caek, max and a few others. We are often playing as it gives us a nice break from RP. Still waiting for this map change :D
Yeah its just a minor thing. Admins are on fairly often but it just doesnt feel like enough, though Im used to build servers with 2 admins on at any given time.
Map change c:
And players able to use world props or world props player owned instead of world owned
and [list here][/list]
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline Conranos

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2012, 12:43:30 AM »
I have been playing spacebuild for a long time. I see potential in this server if its working 100%

-Map change (current map is horrid) -support, never played vacuum and twinsuns leaves little room for colonys. Recommend staying on new worlds.
-Multi parent tool neutral
-Multi unparent tool neutral
-Ship cores +support with the addition of a 2nd server designated for war
-Stargate addon +support for the same reason as ship cores
-Spacebuild specific admins +SUPPORT Catalyst gaming is mainly RP. Many RP admins can cause problems when it comes to build and war servers because most RP rules are black and white while most build/DM rules have several exceptions.

Me additional suggestion and related suggestion:
-Add a second spacebuild server for war, allowing combat to take place in one server and building in another.
-If above is implemented remove !god command on war server
-If above is implemented fix all weapons
-If above is implemented Possibly add some form of money system for purchasing weapons. Money earned via combat.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 12:46:40 AM by Conranos »

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2012, 01:22:53 AM »
I have been playing spacebuild for a long time. I see potential in this server if its working 100%

-Map change (current map is horrid) -support, never played vacuum and twinsuns leaves little room for colonys. Recommend staying on new worlds.
-Spacebuild specific admins +SUPPORT Catalyst gaming is mainly RP. Many RP admins can cause problems when it comes to build and war servers because most RP rules are black and white while most build/DM rules have several exceptions.

-Add a second spacebuild server for war, allowing combat to take place in one server and building in another.
-If above is implemented Possibly add some form of money system for purchasing weapons. Money earned via combat.
Second server for war... No. More "power" needed and its not needed in general. people would have to agree to go to war, or face a ban for minging....
Also current map is... broken. Your reasoning for "no" is that you havnt played
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 01:24:53 AM by Degtyarev »
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline Conranos

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2012, 01:55:27 AM »

Second server for war... No. More "power" needed and its not needed in general. people would have to agree to go to war, or face a ban for minging....
Also current map is... broken. Your reasoning for "no" is that you havnt played
I am unable to download the other map to check it out. the link provided was not working when I tried to download, and its not on the toybox. And if you have war in that server someone is going to get caught in the crossfire and rage.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2012, 04:25:12 AM »
I'll never understand why people want to fight in these types of servers so much, I guess it's just the nature of people. They would rather destroy than build a civilization or find creative ways to inhabit the other planets.

We're not fixing the weapons, we are removing them. Anything that can destroy props is going to be removed along with anything that causes errors. You have the half life weapons and that should be enough for you. Anyone that doesn't want to get killed can enable '!god' mode.

I'm still awaiting a map suggestion that fully supports spacebuild 3 (if they don't outwardly say they fully support it, it doesn't).

More tools will be added when I have time, I'm kind of swamped.

No we will not have a 2nd server so you guys can kill each other. It's completely unnecessary. You are allowed, and in some cases encouraged, to go off to another planet and, if someone wants to try and take it over, kill them. "But they'll just put god mode on!" well tell an admin, explain the problem. If the admin decides that you two are fighting over the area then he will disable god mode for both of you while you fight.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2012, 02:11:28 PM »
I'll never understand why people want to fight in these types of servers so much, I guess it's just the nature of people. They would rather destroy than build a civilization or find creative ways to inhabit the other planets.
We're not fixing the weapons, we are removing them. Anything that can destroy props is going to be removed along with anything that causes errors. You have the half life weapons and that should be enough for you. Anyone that doesn't want to get killed can enable '!god' mode.
I'm still awaiting a map suggestion that fully supports spacebuild 3 (if they don't outwardly say they fully support it, it doesn't).
With ship cores, weapons only destroy props attached to a core. Weapons dont have to destroy props otherwise. Fighting (with rules) just gives other options than trashing a ship once its made. You can however remove the HL weapons, they are just annoying -.-

Also, the current map doesnt seem to even be compatible with gmod

Offline Conranos

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2012, 07:45:52 PM »
Spacebuild becomes very boring without any form of combat. Looks like this server is doomed to fail in the end.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2012, 05:16:54 AM »
You guys do know ulx has an addon that protects your stuff from damage from things such as gcombat, gdc, sbep:w, etc. like you can enable/disable it with a command such as !protect.

Also, sb_vaccuum is 100% SB3 compatable. Ran it on the OC spacebuild server for the entire time it was up (2-3 months). And it is good for colonization. Lots of planets for beginner and advanced cosmonaut builders. Lots of space on those planets (and in space) looks nice, and runs smoothly with no instabilities. Anyone who -supports it might be thinking of the wrong map.

Offline Hilarious ?sometimes?.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2012, 04:42:05 PM »
How about an XP system that works by you killing enemies, and exploring. (Not sure if its there already dont play on the server, but I would if it had this)

DDDDDDUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRR ME IS GOOD A PHOTOSTORE!  YAEH!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2012, 08:54:50 PM »
How about an XP system that works by you killing enemies, and exploring. (Not sure if its there already dont play on the server, but I would if it had this)
Haha, SB doesnt work like that... They are fairly small maps (Considering the term "space" is involved), and mostly for building. Destroying ships with ship cores though is perfectly fine!
* Degtyarev launches a small pile of dirty socks in Somone's general direction

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 05:12:04 PM »
VIP and Gold benefits such as increased prop count, special tools such as anti-noclip, and possibly others.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 05:14:35 PM »
VIP and Gold benefits such as increased prop count, special tools such as anti-noclip, and possibly others.
God yes
Prop count as is, is fairly low

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2012, 05:19:51 PM »
God yes
Prop count as is, is fairly low
Yes and dont say 'BUT Y U NEED MORE THEN 100 PROPS???' well you are obviously not an advanced builder who knows how to utilize parenting.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 05:22:17 PM »
I don't believe in benefits on Sandbox servers, though, VIP/Gold members can use the !tp command, I figured it wouldn't affect much.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 07:03:35 PM »
I don't believe in benefits on Sandbox servers, though, VIP/Gold members can use the !tp command, I figured it wouldn't affect much.
Well nor do I, but the limit is very low right now, compared to most sandbox servers

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal