Author Topic: Should I play this?  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Should I play this?
« on: January 04, 2012, 07:31:11 PM »
If you guys play OCRP with me, you know I roleplay cop very well. Today, a criminal cooperated in the arrest and I did many /me's to make the experience fun. Now I think I want to join the Civil Protection, but I have one problem, will there ever be a citizen on that might well, you know, do some rping with a gun or a bat of some sort. Maybe the team has to respond and raid the area. I just want to know if HL2RP will be for me. If I had cooperation I could rp even better, just want to know if this thing is for me.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 07:33:00 PM by A Fancy Soviet Viking »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Should I play this?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 09:20:22 PM »
If you want to play HL2RP, it would be a good idea to know what you're getting in to story wise. Especially if you plan to join the CCA. Im not talking about just playing Half Life and calling it a day. Im talking about reading all the guides, exploring the overwiki, and asking around.

You should also expect to spend a lot of time roleplaying. A 30 second fight IRL would take 10 minutes or more in game to ensure no details are missed. You should also expect to be doing a lot of passive rp. Not the fun mini events or stores you see on ocrp but passive rp as in taking a shower, eating lunch, and staring out windows.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 10:14:52 PM »
That sounds like what I'm looking for. Personally, I would like to be a medic, is there a type of civilian maybe that can deal with injuries.

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 10:19:09 PM »
is there a type of civilian maybe that can deal with injuries.

Yes, members of the CWU (Civil Workers Union) can join the Medical division. It is a division (afaik) based soley around medical passive rp.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 09:52:48 AM »
is there a type of civilian maybe that can deal with injuries.

Yes, members of the CWU (Civil Workers Union) can join the Medical division. It is a division (afaik) based soley around medical passive rp.

Or NOVA.

But yes, hl2rp is very more serious than OCRP. Everything (nearly) requires /mes, and stuff is mostly planned out before hand, bigger events are controlled by admins and such.

Theres also S2M rules so its not like a guy walks into a door and kills 5 people in 2 seconds like ocrp

Offline Bobby ã??

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 10:36:23 AM »
Considering it sounds like you haven't played it before, it might be best you play as a citizen for a while, to see how things work and then after a while when you have a basic idea, apply!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 01:19:28 AM »
Considering it sounds like you haven't played it before, it might be best you play as a citizen for a while, to see how things work and then after a while when you have a basic idea, apply!
No, I have played for 3 weeks, Im just interested in getting back. Just wondering if its worth it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal