Author Topic: Forum RP 'slot'(?)  (Read 10165 times)

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Forum RP 'slot'(?)
« on: December 10, 2011, 08:08:29 PM »
Well, it's just a suggestion really. I don't know if -any- of you like to forum RP but it's very fun. It could be a place for those who wish to practice their creative writing or hone their RP skills could in fact, do so. It would be placed under 'other games'. Anyways, that's my suggestion.

Pros+

-A good place to hone RP skills/Creative writing
-Nice place for people to chillax

Cons

-Takes up space on the forums
-Possibly end up unwanted/unused

Offline Ghosteh

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Forum RP 'slot'(?)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 08:55:44 PM »
I've never actually tried it, maybe I will if it's ever done.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 09:14:29 PM »
I've never actually tried it, maybe I will if it's ever done.

It's quite a steep learning curve, but it becomes quite fun afterwords. I've only been doing it for about a year or so but I can say that it does get really fun with the right people.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 09:31:35 PM »
We own a series of Roleplay servers and instead you want to roleplay on the forum... Makes sense to me.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 09:39:16 PM »
We own a series of Roleplay servers and instead you want to roleplay on the forum... Makes sense to me.
Because the forums are not broke... yet

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 10:17:07 PM »

While the servers are great, it's nice to do some ForumRP every once in a while. Trust me, some Forum-RPs get really fun.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 12:35:43 PM by Bluff »

Offline The Viper

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 06:55:40 PM »
Can you expand on what it is exactly?

37736: I resigned my position as SL, RP got bland, and I just don't have what it takes.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 07:23:25 PM »
Can you expand on what it is exactly?

Forum RP is when a few people start up a Story line, and write various stories about their characters. As you write a story, you try to incorporate the other characters along with it. It's hard to explain :L

Offline Lord Bravery

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 10:27:13 PM »
It's like rping in-game, except minus the visual aid. You have to write more detailed descriptions and stuff, and there's also more room for you to develop your character beyond the one-liners OA allows you. I typically write a good paragraph and a half for a forum rp post, lol. (Part of the reason why I take so long in-game is because I'm used to having hours to revise and develop my posts and stuff LOL)

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 06:33:41 PM »
It's like rping in-game, except minus the visual aid. You have to write more detailed descriptions and stuff, and there's also more room for you to develop your character beyond the one-liners OA allows you. I typically write a good paragraph and a half for a forum rp post, lol. (Part of the reason why I take so long in-game is because I'm used to having hours to revise and develop my posts and stuff LOL)

Pretty much this.

What makes it unique though is that your not really limited to anything... Which is a bad thing sometimes.

Offline Lord Bravery

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 08:04:39 PM »
There's hardly any rdming

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 11:17:29 PM »
I remember doing something like this on Bungie.net, but alas, the guy who was running the Rp went inactive, and as such, it was closed down. But, I would love to have something like this going on CG, come to think it, that fourm Rp was probably the first ever Rp I've ever started.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 08:33:49 AM »
Sounds like a good idea to me, myself and fear were thinking about doing something like this a while back. But he was banned and all.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 04:05:18 PM »
I remember doing something like this on Bungie.net, but alas, the guy who was running the Rp went inactive, and as such, it was closed down. But, I would love to have something like this going on CG, come to think it, that fourm Rp was probably the first ever Rp I've ever started.

Forum RP was my first 'serious' RP. Probably the best I have ever had.

And Skep, what were you guys planning to do?

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 10:24:40 AM »
He wanted to create a forum RP based around an Idea he created, which was somewhat inspired by an anime he was watching but assured me it had nothing to do with it. (Because I hate anime.) It sounded like a really good idea and I was going to bring it forward to waffle to create it's own dedicated thread for it, but we never ended up doing it because he was banned.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal