Author Topic: Forum RP 'slot'(?)  (Read 10166 times)

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Forum RP 'slot'(?)
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 10:54:34 PM »
Very Nice idea! It would be nice for the users to get help and learn how to better RP in different fields and situations. It would also be a great way to promote character diversity and to be yourself.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Storm

• Bluff
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 01:51:37 AM »
Hm, What theme would it be? I say lets go with Skyrim c:

5% warning issued for necro-posting.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:53:23 PM by Bluff »

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 03:53:53 PM »

Hoyl shet necropost

Anyways, forum RP boards have no exact theme, the players create their own in each RP that they start.

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 05:44:02 PM »

Hoyl shet necropost

Anyways, forum RP boards have no exact theme, the players create their own in each RP that they start.
So I can RP as a mob boss driving in a voodoo s like car doing drivebyes with my Jamaican crew?

Edit: I'm actually going to do this, so no not trolling.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 07:32:21 PM »

Hoyl shet necropost

So I can RP as a mob boss driving in a voodoo s like car doing drivebyes with my Jamaican crew?

Edit: I'm actually going to do this, so no not trolling.

Well, if this is really serious, you can. What you'd have to do though is find someone doing a modern RP kind of thing.

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 12:12:48 PM »
Seems fun...
I think it's a good idea to practice RP.

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 12:17:50 PM »
Well, if this is really serious, you can. What you'd have to do though is find someone doing a modern RP kind of thing.
I'm always serious.. Explain, because I don't understand. Are you going to roleplay in the middle ages or earlier?
This suggestion lacks.. details. Would there have to be some kind of sub-forums for different times or something?

How are we not going to derail it/post the wrong thing?

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 12:35:18 PM »
I'm always serious.. Explain, because I don't understand. Are you going to roleplay in the middle ages or earlier?
This suggestion lacks.. details. Would there have to be some kind of sub-forums for different times or something?

How are we not going to derail it/post the wrong thing?

None of you know what Forum RP is... D;

Forum RP is a board, where you create a Role-Playing situation/story/what ever. Technically, in that board I could make a post called "Fallout RP". In that post, I would label the rules and what ever needs to be said. Then, users could post in that post about what their characters do and little stories. It's almost like IC logs, but a bit different. You're telling a tale, really.

Of course, if someone shit posts in it or attempts to derail it, you just punish them for being a cock.

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 12:42:30 PM »
How about you make one in Spam. - Make it extremely serious, as the rules say Spam is usually the place for some topics.
You'll have my support if it works out.

Offline shrimp

• The ONLY Ninja
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2012, 11:00:13 PM »
I +support this idea, forum roleplay is quite fun, good suggestion!
A real human beeeeeiiinnnggg.

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2012, 11:06:36 PM »
We own a series of Roleplay servers and instead you want to roleplay on the forum... Makes sense to me.

Servers have scripts which include items, guns, and whitelists, which means people powergame and the game is no longer truely about roleplaying. In forum RP, it is true, honest to goodness roleplay.
game over

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2012, 01:52:32 AM »
On another server, I had a forum RP called "God Wars" And you apply for it, and you have your realm, you character's (god's) Name. Then we duke it out. Pretty fun.

Offline Hilarious ?sometimes?.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 04:22:19 PM »
This would be amazing, I find myself drifting to other forums (sometimes) to Role Play, but those forums are full of dickheads so I dont do it for very long.

DDDDDDUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRR ME IS GOOD A PHOTOSTORE!  YAEH!

Offline shrimp

• The ONLY Ninja
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2012, 09:35:35 PM »
Keep thinking about this suggestion, Bumpity bump bump, must be fully evaluated!
A real human beeeeeiiinnnggg.

Offline voidicus

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2012, 10:32:10 PM »
Considering it was recently bumped, I'll give my input.

Forum Roleplay is MUCH more detailed compared to some of the stuff that goes on amongst the servers; as such, it's a great way for players to hone their vocabularies (it was where I learned a majority of my grammatical skills at a rather young age), as well as a great way for people to expand their writing skills in general. There's a strange social element to it, too, and could serve to build up an additional community within the Catalyst forums themselves.

A VERY loose set of rules/expectations might be a given, but other than that it would be a great addition to the forums; the only cost being a slot on the forums.

It would be an ancillary board, but useful and engaging nonetheless; the freeform style it would allow people to interact in would be both fun and engaging for the RPing aspect of the community as a whole.

If it doesn't work out, it can just be deleted, anyways.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal