Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Adventure mode diary thread.  (Read 9593 times)

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
Dwarf Fortress Adventure mode diary thread.
« on: August 08, 2011, 05:36:56 PM »
SUPEREDIT: This is now rules. Rules are that
1. Anyone may write their adventure mode logs.
2. In MY logs, you may claim one of my companions and choose a name for them
3. IF you have a character in my logs, you may write your own logs of that character.
4. Don't lie about how your invincible, I don't like reading lies.
5. Have fun. (OR DIE)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:11:33 PM by Bokslag »
C45.CCA.APEX-01.725 says "<:: It's not a skirt."
C45.CCA.APEX-01.725 says "<:: It's a dress."

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
In short, lotsa bullshit. (snipped earlier statement. If an admin want's delete this.)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:22:31 PM by Bokslag »

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
11th of Galena, 125.
I walked up the road a bit and noticed a store, Of course humans make all their stores near eachother, so Soon I found a weapons store, NO SPEARS? You believe these guys? And instead I went to the nearby General Store and managed to trade my shoes, socks, knife, Spear, Shield, and my shirt, for a nice Bronze Pick and a Copper Buckler. I think the guy was staring... Asshole, anyway, I've got a pick, and a shield. I hope this thing is made to mine skulls.

Companions: 0 (No forts nearby.... GRRRRR)

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Rough start, but continue, the story is good so far, try not to get killed, lol.

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Diary(s) of the Vilelandipi's. A DF adventure story.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
18 of Limestone, 125
MY sisters did not fair well, but they were weak, Today I have gathered my gear, and already rid the land of a nearby Bleak Troll, I wish there where a trade town nearby, maybe one of the locals...

Aah, Great, a Local has told me the town of... I forget the name, but it has merchants a-plenty, I will head there once I rid this land of it's other beasts! I feel guilt, as I hope that one may die, so that I may take his weaponry... Well, here is a list of my men.

Arul Atekoko, Hammerman.
Tikbo Nenilunce, Macewoman.
Quazo Demapibo, Spearman.
Leteng Peradengdul, Swordsman.
Also, the lord of the nearby castles last name translates to WetTummy... That's just silly.

Still ready fo you people to join. This time I'll try not to die.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:39:29 AM by Bokslag »

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 08:03:42 PM »
I'll take the hammerman.

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 08:13:38 PM »
22nd of Limestone, 125
Well, took out a Wicked Man today... His... Lair was filled with... Elf spleen, guts, blood, He tried to BEAT ME with an ELF HEART! He said he killed the druid... I went apeshit, tossed my sword at him, and my shield, then proceeded to scratch his eyes out, and finnaly the.. Hammerman I belive, crushed his brain into his skull. Tikbo (the Macewoman) got pretty cut up, she won't be able to stand ever again, but insists on staying with me. I hope she comes to her senses soon.

I'll take the hammerman.
Want me to just name it Johanan Strangeman? (I can set the nickname, and the Profesion if you want)

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 09:58:27 PM »
25th of Limestone, 125
I seem to be getting a lot of attention, the lord I mentioned earlier, Wettummy, told me that if he sent me against the "True Horrors of the world" I would "Surely be destroyed" and it would be a "Hopeless Venture". Not sure what he's talkin' bout, I bet he's never seen a bleak troll, and who else is gonna defeat dragons, Bronze Collosi, and Hydra's... Anyway, He wants me to go serve more of the peasants...
And I discovered that town, it's got some stores, I sold some of my knives, cave loot, and my wood sword and shield, I know have a... Bronze Short Sword, Medium Quality, and.... Bronze Buckler, also Medium Quality.

I got a a nice hood from one of the Caves... the one with the Druid... It shows it's a druids to, has some alder on it... like a deer or something, died red... Image of some Muck Root carved in the Willow antler.... and an Image of Three Kapoks in the Chestnut Antler.
(KApok, Type of tree, Look it up.) IT's... really nice. I gave the Druid an Elven burial, Burned the body, he's with the earth now... Well, Troop count time.

Decided to use a pic, Much faster. All of these are up for grabs except... Arul. (who, till said otherwise by Johanan, Will be nicknamed "Strangeman"

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 10:00:05 PM »
That or...

Spoiler for Hiden:
Urist McHammerman

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 11:43:04 PM »
26th of Limestone, 125.
Another Bleak Troll to my name, so that's Namile 3, Night creatures, Zip.
2nd of Sandstone, 125
A new month, and some.. unfortunate accidents... We we're heading to some town and we were ambushed by Bandits... They said they where the... Trails of Sorrow or somthing... But we had multipl casualties, actually, everyone but our old hammerman, who has taken to calling himself Urist... Urist McHammerman, which, according to this dictionary means "Dagger, or a similar sharp object".... Odd. Anyway, The other to live was the cipple, Tikbo, who i'd imagine is becomming very skilled by this point. I hope this month goes without any more incidents.... Well, I'll be going to sleep... long day of travel ahead tommorow.

(I'm very happy now.)

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 01:29:06 PM »
Great so far :D

Offline Yimmy The Cat

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 02:39:58 PM »
Question: What is a DF story?
What starts off as a joke soon becomes a gamemode.

I envy you :'(  Did you furiously pull your cock off until your penis shot pure childrens tears?

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 04:25:10 PM »
Question: What is a DF story?
DF is a game, Dwarf Fort, It is a story about a character of mine in said game. :D

9th of Sandstone, 125.
Well, seems Urist lost his hammer... along with his ring finger. He says that he'll "Be shield fighting from now on." Humans, what are you gonna do? I have stored my large sum of coins in a cave, the locals call it "Fatal Tunnels" It WAS home to a Bleak Troll Consort... It seemed to... be calling out Lord Wettummies name... I asked him of his family, and he eventually confided in me that his youngest daughter was kidnapped and.. transformed, by one of the Bleak Trolls I have defeated.... It almost sounded like sh was screaming for help.... I think Tikbo noticed as well, she has confided in me that she has nightmares.... I fear for the Consorts soul... I think some of the men where afraid when I mercilessly cut her head clean off.... She was comming at me, It was my only choice....

Now, I am going to write WHY I have started this journal. I began this journal to keep records of my adventure, kill counts and such... but now I have seen some of the True Horrors of the world.... This journal, if ever found, serves as warning for future generations, none of this is fake. This is my warning to whoever finds this, The world is filled with horror, if you cannot fight the horror, then you are doomed, learn to fight, you will be glad you did.

Troops:

GRRRRR Some of the troop are signed up there twice... why... Must.. find... reason for diary.. GOT IT
It would... appear that Urist, and some others, including Tikbo... have signed themselves up... TWICE.... and I don't understand why.... When I informed them they told me they "Don't Remember".... Oh well, it'll seem more impressive.

13th of Sandstone, 125.
Very uneventfull recently, I feel bored... perhaps I'll ask the Lord for a new task... Maybe he will allow me to hunt his "Horrors" now.

14th of Sandstone, 125
  If you want what these months are representative of, heres a Little dorf link. http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Calendar

I asked lord Wettummy about a quest, he told me to kill ANOTHER bleak troll, but this one was special, it's killed a bunch of people, upon arrival, I discovered most where elves, and then discovered they we'r using wood weapons and wood armor... NO FUCKING DUH YOU FAILED! I am heading back soon to burn their bodies... Also, for some odd reason I woke up to find all my companions where gone... How odd. I suppose they had gotten bored. I suppose I may be able to get some of he townspeople to join me. Well, I'll be off.

Very odd, they just left... odd glitch, Johanan, if you want a character again, you can get one of te townspeople/whatevers i recruit. Also, from now on people with claimed companions can write their own logs, remember not to make shit up, if in my logs I SAY you did something, Then you can write about it. Otherwise, just write about how your think we're doing and such. :D

15th of Sandstone, 125.
There are spots of snow around here, I believe winter is setting in.... a few more months... Anyway... I walked around town yesterday, recruiting, here is a list of the new troops.

I believe that the Esme one, the Diagnoser, will be helpful. Soon, we set off to the Dark Mountains, I must gather the proper supplies, some water for my flask, and some foods. I will (Hopefully) not be killed by zombies...

All... of the new troops are gone.. and my old troops came... back... I am confused... very much so.

WHATHEFUCK... So many glitches... I am afraid....
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 06:43:10 PM by Bokslag »

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 09:29:22 PM »
Rofl, glitches, glitches everywhere.  Looks like the upcoming patches will be mostly focused around Adventure mode.

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 11:46:43 PM »
Unknown, 125.
I lie here.. dieing... I went to the mountains... and found they where, indeed, haunted. We were set upon by undead creatures of all sizes.... but the greatest threat... Elephants.. undead elephants... Everything is dead. I killed, all the things. I lay here surrounded by the bodies of my enemies... Bleeding... I hope that... one day this journal will be found... and I will be recognized for my duties... but more over, that my two most... loyal soldiers... are recognized, for I could not have survived this long... without Urist, and Tikbo... Goodbye...

Damn.... Zombie... ELEPHANTS! Now.. a vote, should I make a new character, or leave it here, dead.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal