Author Topic: OCRP map change/'serious' server  (Read 16435 times)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OCRP map change/'serious' server
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 01:47:18 PM »
When is the serious server scheduled too?
A few days.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline deXterous | KaB00M!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 01:55:03 PM »
But Rofl.. Why don't we use Rockford on the serious server? Statua said he would allow it if it was on a serious server? Or did I get that wrong?

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 01:58:53 PM »
Why not 5 OCRP servers one for each map so were all satisfied...

Offline Hunger Johnson

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 02:09:32 PM »
If anything, i would like to help code the serious rp version.

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 02:10:50 PM »
serious server should be on evo2, the old OCRP serious server was on evo2, worked great.
Although the map was good, the pure tourqe and power cars needed to get up that big hill between the suburbs,MTL,agricultural district and the city caused serious fails in the game along with the hill from the lake to the other big hill. Plus, I would like to add that many of the vehicles just can not cope with the roads at all. This in itself make v33x a gernarally better map as it has the best of both worlds.

But Rofl.. Why don't we use Rockford on the serious server? Statua said he would allow it if it was on a serious server? Or did I get that wrong?
Did Statua ever finish RP_rockford?
I never saw it done anywhere.

Why not 5 OCRP servers one for each map so were all satisfied...
You're a troll. :)

If anything, i would like to help code the serious rp version.
They're not coding a new gamemode just using the same one on a different map with stricter rule enforcement.
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline Jizzypantz?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 02:21:25 PM »
The map was way too laggy when the server got more than 20/40 Players :/

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 02:23:38 PM »
I really dont see the big problem. When we changed to 33x the server did change. Back at v2d the server was one big mess. Admins could not control the server as they where useally alone and everytime we joined the server we never had time to do anything and sometimes it was like "uh going on OCRP :(".

Now at 33x the server is SO much more calm. I enjoy joining OCRP now and people have thier stores in the actual store insted of putting down a table at BP while a car kills you because people also park there.

Parking is a lot better on 33x because of the many parking slots so that is also not a problem.

The server has 34 players right now and im SURE it will hit 40/40 in around 20 minutes.

Just scrap v2d. Its old time and its a shitty map.

I dont think the players that plays on the server will go, hmm they changed map, fuck all of my stuff now wasting 20 minutes (incase thier internet is shitty) to download the map and go play.

Just give it time. Its only been up for a few days and i believe that over half of the community is enjoying the new map.

The map was way too laggy when the server got more than 20/40 Players :/

If your having lag issues just lower your graphics.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 02:25:23 PM »
Having some second thoughts about this after talking to a few people. We'll be staying on V33x for a couple of days to see how things play out.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 02:52:30 PM »
Having some second thoughts about this after talking to a few people. We'll be staying on V33x for a couple of days to see how things play out.
I fucking love you bro.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 02:57:02 PM »
Code some fireworks please

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 03:04:13 PM »

Offline Boelens |????ž?|

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 03:19:23 PM »
Glad we're staying on the new map, its much awesome-er. And I must say, I feel like I can RP better on it. Evocity used to be a mess, now its... better. Theres more running space, and less raids happen too often due to the distance between a lot of places. I like it this way. Rofl, I'd just give it a few days/weeks.

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 05:30:22 PM »
I'm switching the main OCRP server back to rp_evocity_v2d as we're rapidly declining in players since the switch. We haven't gotten the server full since which used to happen for a few hours a day. However, we'll also be working on a 'serious' OCRP server which will run V33x. Obviously, this won't be completely serious as the script in general wasn't made for serious roleplay, but the rule enforcement will be a LOT more strict and every rule will be enforced on this server.
you realize that the reason weve only had so few people is cause its harder to minge so bad on the map, and there is more rp?
think about it. how many people are baned hourly on evo v2
now compare that to the TOTAL of v33x since it went up

i mean, it was CALM. i ran a passive rp shop for almost 12 (nolife) hours without someone some much as saying "fuck you", other than rogi who is GOOOOOONE :D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 05:34:38 PM by aMity-Creaper.Degtyarev »
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2011, 06:15:46 PM »
Thank you for keeping it on 33x!

I 100% agree with what craphead said. I've done so much more RP since we changed to 33x.

But yeah, if numbers start to decline then i fully understand going back to v2d, but with that comes a shit load of minges aswell.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 06:34:51 PM »
RoflWaffle yes that guy, actually said he got in the mood for RPing on v33.
And it actually was the first time he did. We had a little JailBreakish Event.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal