Author Topic: OCRP map change/'serious' server  (Read 16431 times)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
OCRP map change/'serious' server
« on: July 03, 2011, 01:12:29 PM »
I'm switching the main OCRP server back to rp_evocity_v2d as we're rapidly declining in players since the switch. We haven't gotten the server full since which used to happen for a few hours a day. However, we'll also be working on a 'serious' OCRP server which will run V33x. Obviously, this won't be completely serious as the script in general wasn't made for serious roleplay, but the rule enforcement will be a LOT more strict and every rule will be enforced on this server.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Desperado

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OCRP map change/'serious' server
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 01:16:03 PM »
I think they only reason it wasn't full was cos at like 30+ plus players RSO kicked in making it almost impossible to join. Took me over 20 tries to get in yesterday.

Serious sounds good looking forward to that

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 01:16:27 PM »
Tbh i only think this will get worse. Most of the admins will play on Evo33x as that map is SOOOO much better and EvoCity_v2d will only get worse. There wont be many players on any of the servers as we dont have a big enough playerbase.

We can fill one server, we cant fill 2.

Oh well, lets see how this turns out :/
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 01:17:20 PM »
Tbh i only think this will get worse. Most of the admins will play on Evo33x as that map is SOOOO much better and EvoCity_v2d will only get worse. There wont be many players on any of the servers as we dont have a big enough playerbase.

We can fill one server, we cant fill 2.

Oh well, lets see how this turns out :/
We'll see. We had a lot of players who quit because of the lack of seriousness, and should this bring them back/bring new ones in, it could happen.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline MOOcow

• MOO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 01:17:53 PM »
Awww, V33X is so much fun though. Do you think more people left because they didn't have the new map downloaded and just didn't want to download it or it was too laggy, or what?

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 01:18:35 PM »
This is bullshit... We dont need a serious server with LOLNAZI admins who think that accidentally running over someone entitles them to instaban us.  Two 'Semi-Serious' would do better.

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 01:21:19 PM »
2 things: 1. why not make have 1 server that is serious with evo V3xx
              2. Will we have our stuff on both servers?

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 01:21:35 PM »
Probably 5-10% of the people had horrible pc lag on the new map. You should have waited atleast a week to see if it got better once people got the new map downloaded.
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 01:22:06 PM »
1. We are.
2. Yes.

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 01:25:37 PM »
1. We are.
2. Yes.

I mean only 1 server

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 01:29:55 PM »
the whole point of this thread is to say we are NOT having only one OCRP server with it on, waffle has said we are having ocrp normal with evo v2 and a "serious" one with ev v33

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 01:34:46 PM »
Ever think of adding a better spawn position on the map, like, inside the bank facing the back of it?

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 01:39:57 PM »
Ever think of adding a better spawn position on the map, like, inside the bank facing the back of it?

Spawn them at the Car Dealer - move Garage to there or add second npc

Offline Newbrict

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 01:40:50 PM »
serious server should be on evo2, the old OCRP serious server was on evo2, worked great.
Nothing interesting here.

Offline deXterous | KaB00M!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 01:41:39 PM »
When is the serious server scheduled too?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal