Author Topic: How Has Your 2014 Been?  (Read 15569 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How Has Your 2014 Been?
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2015, 02:49:43 PM »
I can't complain about my 2014 year. Though 2015 is going to be scary. I'll be going to an out of state college most likely. Savannah College of Art and Design it's looking like so far. Hooray for $33,000 a year tuition.
$33,000?! O_O I only pay £9,000 a year for mine.

welcome to america, where the textbooks alone will put you deep in debt

^^ Colleges -- one of the best national scams to date. I could probably learn everything they'd teach me on YouTube; but I'm also doing it for the prestige of an actual degree (even though it's a BA...not a BS) and networking opportunities. I did end up getting a $11,500 a year scholarship from the school though and I still have to apply to outside scholarships and have the school approve my fafsa. So far, instead of $33,000 a year, I'm looking more at $21,500 a year for just tuition alone.

I'm going to be eating cat food for the next 4 years. (Not seriously, but...yeah, I'm going to be poor.)
This is going off topic, but IDGAF. What BA are you doing? I'm on a foundation degree, hoping to top it up to a full BA in music production.

I'm going for a BA in Interactive Design and Game Development.

Also, I read something about Germany offering free tuition to international students.

Though a slightly more unrelated note, I've been looking into stock investment to maybe help out with my costs. I want to try and see if it'll get me anywhere.

That would be incredibly stupid considering how random the stock market is. You could get blue chip stocks but with those you won't get very much money for a loong time. Unless you got a bunch of extra money to spend then hey why not but if you already are stuggling with paying for college then I think that would be a really bad idea.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2015, 05:40:39 PM »
I can't complain about my 2014 year. Though 2015 is going to be scary. I'll be going to an out of state college most likely. Savannah College of Art and Design it's looking like so far. Hooray for $33,000 a year tuition.
$33,000?! O_O I only pay £9,000 a year for mine.

welcome to america, where the textbooks alone will put you deep in debt

^^ Colleges -- one of the best national scams to date. I could probably learn everything they'd teach me on YouTube; but I'm also doing it for the prestige of an actual degree (even though it's a BA...not a BS) and networking opportunities. I did end up getting a $11,500 a year scholarship from the school though and I still have to apply to outside scholarships and have the school approve my fafsa. So far, instead of $33,000 a year, I'm looking more at $21,500 a year for just tuition alone.

I'm going to be eating cat food for the next 4 years. (Not seriously, but...yeah, I'm going to be poor.)
This is going off topic, but IDGAF. What BA are you doing? I'm on a foundation degree, hoping to top it up to a full BA in music production.

I'm going for a BA in Interactive Design and Game Development.

Also, I read something about Germany offering free tuition to international students.

Though a slightly more unrelated note, I've been looking into stock investment to maybe help out with my costs. I want to try and see if it'll get me anywhere.

That would be incredibly stupid considering how random the stock market is. You could get blue chip stocks but with those you won't get very much money for a loong time. Unless you got a bunch of extra money to spend then hey why not but if you already are stuggling with paying for college then I think that would be a really bad idea.

Well, my dad said he was going to loan me $500 for a Scottrade account to try my hand at Day Trading. I just have to make the money back and pay it to him eventually. Granted, I won't make much with $500 (if I make anything at all) but it's mostly to get my feet wet. Penny stocks. The ones that don't cost over like $5. They're very volatile, I understand, but $500 isn't that much of a loss.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline knoxed

• #YOLO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2015, 01:09:10 PM »
usual year, nothing too fancy, had its ups and downs

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2015, 03:04:34 PM »
usual year, nothing too fancy, had its ups and downs
Yolo. Take some drugs, drink booze and go on an acid trip for a year :)
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2015, 05:15:19 PM »
that's pretty much what I did, but I got a job and a new car too
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2015, 07:42:29 PM »
that's pretty much what I did, but I got a job and a new car too
Ohhhhh, what job and what car? :)
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2015, 08:06:57 PM »
He's a hot wing critic and this is his car

Offline JF

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2015, 08:22:47 PM »

@ SexyFrog: Invest your $500 in this! :D
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2015, 09:28:07 PM »

Already wiring money. I'm expecting big things. Big things!

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2015, 08:17:25 PM »

Already wiring money. I'm expecting big things. Big things!
tbh... this is what I expect out of that thing 
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal