Author Topic: [10/29/2014] HRP Update - rip in peace your weapons edition  (Read 13090 times)

Offline Top Hatted Cat

• Something is creating script errors
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[10/29/2014] HRP Update - rip in peace your weapons edition
« on: October 29, 2014, 12:50:40 PM »

Server Update

Changelog:

• [Added]New Inventory System
  • [Added]A selection of weapons from the M9K weapon pack. I will add more weapons at a later date, however I had to rush to get this finished in a reasonable amount of time. All content is downloaded from the Workshop on join, so there is no need to manually subscribe to it.

• [Removed]The old DarkRP weapons.
  • [Removed]The old inventory system in favor of a new one.

• [Fixed]The 'nil' text on the scoreboard when a player is not in an organization.

Changes to items and your inventory
I made quite a few changes to how items work. Weapons can no longer be dropped straight from being equipped. Now, they need to be holstered with the /holsterweapon command and then dropped from the inventory screen.

Also, the ALT + E button combination for picking up weapons/entities is now gone. Now, just hit E on any dropped weapon or entity to put it in your inventory.

To price an entity you, just hit F1 and enter the price. I have removed the distance limit for prices, also. This will make it easier to have larger and more practical shops as you do not need to man it 24/7.

Your inventory has been wiped. I have replaced the old system with a new one, which has a weight limit. You'd be lucky to fit more than 3 weapons in the new inventory. This is to make gun and black market dealers more useful as you can no longer stockpile huge amounts of weapons in your inventory. Gold members and VIPs do not have a larger inventory size than regular members.

Follow up update
I have pushed a small update to make the inventory less of a pain to deal with. Items now drop on the floor when purchased from the F4 menu, I have fixed a duping bug and you can no longer pick up other peoples items without them having a price attached (even if it is $0). If you have any other suggestions feel free to post a thread in the suggestions board.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 12:49:09 PM by Top Hatted Cat »

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [10/29/2014] HRP Update - rip in peace your weapons edition
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 04:11:42 PM »
Had about 100k worth of stuff.... Sheeet....

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 05:17:22 PM »
Gg on pissing off every hrp player who had a pile of guns with no way of getting compensation for it, despite the warning. You should have thought this one through. I am disappoint.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 05:19:39 PM »
Gg on pissing off every hrp player who had a pile of guns with no way of getting compensation for it, despite the warning. You should have thought this one through. I am disappoint.

In the future I may add a way to get cash back for your old items, however I don't intend on doing this with the next update.

that was in the pre-update thread, and not everyone is pissed off

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 05:34:41 PM »
Compensation should have been planned with the release. Not half assed "we'll get around to it".

Idk bout you but if i had 100k worth of stuff go poof, id be pretty ticked. Cause now i gotta find money to replace that shit, further delaying my progress in something.

THC i sent you a message on steam about this.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 05:57:42 PM »
To add to it M9K is a very shitty unbalanced pack. The only practical use for the pack was on DarkDM servers where its flaws are widely shown.  Not to mention some weapons are not even realistically (really not even sensibly) done (Shotguns, pistols,semi-auto rifles).  The idea of the pack being added is just slamming a unprofessional sticker on us.  Even the standard DarkRP weps are more decent

Offline Top Hatted Cat

• Something is creating script errors
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 06:19:10 PM »
Compensation should have been planned with the release. Not half assed "we'll get around to it".

Idk bout you but if i had 100k worth of stuff go poof, id be pretty ticked. Cause now i gotta find money to replace that shit, further delaying my progress in something.

Refunding will be done automatically when the server restarts. It refunds 75% of what was in your inventory.

To add to it M9K is a very shitty unbalanced pack. The only practical use for the pack was on DarkDM servers where its flaws are widely shown.  Not to mention some weapons are not even realistically (really not even sensibly) done (Shotguns, pistols,semi-auto rifles).  The idea of the pack being added is just slamming a unprofessional sticker on us.  Even the standard DarkRP weps are more decent
The M9K weapons obviously aren't the best weapons we could be using, but there aren't many alternatives. The Insurgency pack is really buggy and Mr Pyrous' weapons don't have physics models. The M9K weapons work and work well. If the stats of the weapons need changing, we can easily do it by editing some numbers. As it stands I'm pretty happy with them, though.

Offline [ARK]Legion of Darkness

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 08:54:07 PM »
I hate this.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 08:56:05 PM »
"You'd be lucky to fit more than 3 weapons in the new inventory"

I think you're loosing sight of what HRP is. HRP started out as nothing more than DarkRP on an ocean map. It then evolved into something more but ever since day 1, it's basically been a modification of DarkRP. Our playerbase is based around DarkRP. Trying to make the gamemode more serious is the dumbest idea since trying to make OCRP2 realistic, and we ALL know how well that turned out to be. The average HRP player doesn't have the patience to have to run back and forth getting more guns. I totally agree that we should place a limit on it, but being lucky to fit more than 3? Come on now, this is getting a little out of hand. I would expect nothing less than 10 at the very least. Making HRP more tiresome and a hassle is only going to tick people off.

ty

I hate this.

Me too bud, me too.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Napalmmonkey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 09:18:51 PM »
"You'd be lucky to fit more than 3 weapons in the new inventory"

I think you're loosing sight of what HRP is. HRP started out as nothing more than DarkRP on an ocean map. It then evolved into something more but ever since day 1, it's basically been a modification of DarkRP. Our playerbase is based around DarkRP. Trying to make the gamemode more serious is the dumbest idea since trying to make OCRP2 realistic, and we ALL know how well that turned out to be. The average HRP player doesn't have the patience to have to run back and forth getting more guns. I totally agree that we should place a limit on it, but being lucky to fit more than 3? Come on now, this is getting a little out of hand. I would expect nothing less than 10 at the very least. Making HRP more tiresome and a hassle is only going to tick people off.

ty

I hate this.

Me too bud, me too.

If it makes you feel any better I was capable of having 5 guns+ammo in my inventory, You can pretty easily throw 10 pistols in there (without ammo) as well. And I disagree with you saying that players are going to get pissed off, if we could still hold a fucking garage full of firearms in are asses then people would be pissed of all the RDM and shit. This makes a nice balance between servers that have inventories and servers that say "fuck yo guns, bitch". Be happy with what we have and be thankful that the inventory system exists.

I hate this.

Can you enlighten me with what you say sir, you posting this is not helping you or anyone else as it is to fucking veg. Do you hate the weapons? The inventory? The carry weight? Be more specific and maybe you will be delighted with a median between what you want and what is in state.
Quote from: Statua link=topic=29671.msg216739#msg216739

date=1414617442
I'm not sure what you are talking about, But I was delighted to have my eyesore of an inventory reset. Instead of an unorganized fuck fest of guns and lock picks I was greeted with a weight system. So not every one was "pissed", some were delighted at this great decision.

Had about 100k worth of stuff.... Sheeet....

Thanks for telling the world that you lost shit... We all did, not everyone and there fucking mothers need to come in here and post this (Only one so far, just want to put this out there for other peps that WILL do it).

Refunding will be done automatically when the server restarts. It refunds 75% of what was in your inventory.

The M9K weapons obviously aren't the best weapons we could be using, but there aren't many alternatives. The Insurgency pack is really buggy and Mr Pyrous' weapons don't have physics models. The M9K weapons work and work well. If the stats of the weapons need changing, we can easily do it by editing some numbers. As it stands I'm pretty happy with them, though.

Thank you for refunding are money, in which we all believed would take longer then it did or possibly wouldn't even happen. You are doing a great and speedy job with the updates, keep up the good work (AND MAKE A FUCKING TASER).
Quotes from my hero Liberty Prime
"Communism is the very definition of failure!"
"Democracy is non-negotiable."
"Death is a preferable alternative to Communism!"

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 11:53:36 PM »
Just because you like them does not mean we do.  Fixing a couple "numbers" does not fix how bad the pack is. Honestly after not being able to do the Insurgency pack you should have took a vote on M9K or the Vanilla weapons rather than pulling a RTLK and evoking your own wishes over the community's.

To set aside all this you are doing a good job otherwise working on the server.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 08:57:39 AM »
Anything is better than the old weapons. People stop giving him shit. If you think another pack would be better than start making suggestions, if not then shut the fuck up.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 09:35:40 AM »
Anything is better than the old weapons. People stop giving him shit. If you think another pack would be better than start making suggestions, if not then shut the fuck up.

a bit harsh with your choice of words lol

i honestly prefer the M9K weapons over the CSS ones, but the only thing i really hate about them so far is the horrible laser looking tracers, hopefully it can be removed or something

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 07:26:25 PM »
TBH... I would rather not even play the server now that the filth know as M9K is in...

Try these weapons PLEASE  ====>  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=322300596&searchtext=weapon
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 07:41:06 PM »
TBH... I would rather not even play the server now that the filth know as M9K is in...

Try these weapons PLEASE  ====>  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=322300596&searchtext=weapon
but the weapons that hardly worked that we had before were no problem, right? compared to what we had, i can't see why anyone would think m9k is anything but an improvement.
what don't you guys like about these weapons, anyway? is it just because they're popular? actual criticism would be great instead of "m9k pls no"
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:42:42 PM by Alaskan Thunderfuck »
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal