Author Topic: Hunger  (Read 3830 times)

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hunger
« on: May 29, 2014, 02:30:15 PM »
Now, I know this has been suggested many times before, but most of the time they either don't recieve a definite answer or they're suggested as being too OP which would kill population. I'm suggesting neither of these, so hear me out here.

Currently, tokens are introduced to the economy with no ways of them getting out again, which results in inflation. Not only that, but our food and drink items currently do nothing but create a relatively small and unused avenue for passive RP - they have no actual script benefits, unless I'm mistaken.

What I'm suggesting is a low-key hunger mod that requires you to eat relatively frequently (not frequently enough that you'll be asspulling food constantly, but frequently enough to be noticeable).

The detrimental effects to not eating wouldn't be anything too serious - all it would do is lower your stamina/increase stamina consumption rate and make you take a bit more damage from attacks. Nothing overdramatic, like dying or whatever. Just something to make a eating a small plus, and it will actually give the CWU food stalls/stores as well as rations an OOC purpose.

Thoughts?
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hunger
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 03:30:58 PM »
I understand the idea of the hunger but it doesn't seem as those effects would honestly do anything.  No one really cares about how fast they run or how much damage they take, considering 99% of these scenarios would be roleplayed out.  I personally wouldn't mind it being a PK if no food.  Nothing extreme to eat though, just like one thing every 24 hours OOC time if the character is on.  The thing is is there's no way to force people to change their description to make them skinnier/malnourished if they don't eat.  So unless there is a way to make someone's model skinnier, there would either have to be the PK idea, or just nothing at all like it is now.

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 04:19:37 PM »
We don't give out rations enough right now to justify having people need to buy food.  Older characters might have a lot of money but this could be a major turn off to new people to the server which we need right now.
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 07:15:55 PM »
Who cares, its not hard to do a token wipe.  I like Combine Controls hunger system.  But hunger when it gets to like 70% you should start getting dizzy (Fucks up aim) slow walking etc... 100% you die slowly. This of course when everythings back into full swing. Maybe make it not work as much if less people are on but if more than 20 are on it should go into full affect.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 07:41:03 PM »
Read up on Combine Controls. I like it.
READY AYE READY

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 08:36:06 PM »
No... Just no....
I don't want to reply on some silly script for me to RP eating at times. I rather decide myself what I want to RP today. Not having a script decide that for me.

Besides, I doubt anyone wants to starve to death because there are only ones in a rare blue moon when MPF actually does rations...
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 10:41:20 PM »
No... Just no....
I don't want to reply on some silly script for me to RP eating at times. I rather decide myself what I want to RP today. Not having a script decide that for me.

Besides, I doubt anyone wants to starve to death because there are only ones in a rare blue moon when MPF actually does rations...
Who cares, its not hard to do a token wipe.  I like Combine Controls hunger system.  But hunger when it gets to like 70% you should start getting dizzy (Fucks up aim) slow walking etc... 100% you die slowly. This of course when everythings back into full swing. Maybe make it not work as much if less people are on but if more than 20 are on it should go into full affect.

And it kinda doesnt matter if you want to have a choice or not because lets face it; we need to find a way to get a economy going.  This "so-called" economy we got is one of the shit problems.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Hunger
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 06:14:46 AM »
No... Just no....

What I'm suggesting is a low-key hunger mod that requires you to eat relatively frequently (not frequently enough that you'll be asspulling food constantly, but frequently enough to be noticeable).

The detrimental effects to not eating wouldn't be anything too serious - all it would do is lower your stamina/increase stamina consumption rate and make you take a bit more damage from attacks. Nothing overdramatic, like dying or whatever. Just something to make a eating a small plus, and it will actually give the CWU food stalls/stores as well as rations an OOC purpose.

I'm open to whatever you feel like suggesting to improve the server, Nick. Actually suggest it.

For the record, I make a point of always doing at least one ration distribution if I'm online and the citizen population is high enough. Don't want to "starve" then do what practically every other citizen in HL2 canon would do and go looking for food in D6. I know for a fact that it isn't very hard to find.
READY AYE READY

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Hunger
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 01:50:15 PM »
No... Just no....

I'm open to whatever you feel like suggesting to improve the server, Nick. Actually suggest it.

For the record, I make a point of always doing at least one ration distribution if I'm online and the citizen population is high enough. Don't want to "starve" then do what practically every other citizen in HL2 canon would do and go looking for food in D6. I know for a fact that it isn't very hard to find.

+support if loosing hunger would not mean death.  I think that Comrade makes a great point that this would give people more incentive to join the CWU and set up shops as well as give more purpose to ration distribution.

EDIT:  I did have personal text.  I just accidentally typed it inside the quote box.  Please remove the warning.  Thanks.

5% warning issued for quoting someone without adding any personal text.  ~Hazard
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 02:27:35 AM by Officialjake »
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 09:49:51 PM »
While i prefer to eat icly at my own discretion, nobody else seems to so this wouldn't be a bad idea.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal