Author Topic: Remove the strip club  (Read 14012 times)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Remove the strip club
« on: March 31, 2014, 06:23:40 PM »
the fact that near enough every citizen is gathering in that place is making the districts pretty much devoid of roleplay and pretty much also destroys mpf roleplay with their patrolling directives, it needs to be removed to put an equal distribution back into the districts

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Remove the strip club
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 06:34:34 PM »
Unit roleplay is slowly dying from the lack of people in the main district. I support this.
Live free or die

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 06:36:44 PM »
destroy it IC and i will remove it from next map update

yes i am srs

i'll work on expanding d1 in the next update before i move onto d2
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 06:58:28 PM by o.g jackal »

Offline DOCTAH DOOM || Pocket???Aces??£

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 06:42:05 PM »
I definitely agree with Oz, just to make it more fun and show the people of City 8 that the MPFs despise procreation.
Have you accepted Billy Mays as your lord and savior? Then you believe in the Eastern Oxyclean.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 06:47:59 PM »
Really the main district is too boring/not enough shops.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 07:07:23 PM »

And not enough events.  The only reason the Strip Club is so popular is because shit actually happens there.  Give the Loyalist party a place to set up a Union-sanctioned recreational center and you'll never see the main districts die again.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 07:07:44 PM »
destroy it IC and i will remove it from next map update

yes i am srs

i'll work on expanding d1 in the next update before i move onto d2

we would if razor had enough units for a raid (if .apex ever got on)

Offline Vegas

• Big Poppa
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 07:12:36 PM »
Main district is boring, map is a labyrinth. I'm staying in the sewers no matter what you do, and as are all of the people that use the strip club. This won't change unit RP at all, and all it will do is give us a less comfy place in the sewers.

Do it if you want, I don't support it but just know that me and the majority will still remain in the sewers unless you make the plaza more attractive

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 07:23:36 PM »
and as i've said previously regarding the map change time and time again: this was only to get us up to a functional level in line with CG's requirements in time for the weekend, not to make things look nice because that's what the next map update is for

Offline Grom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 07:55:43 PM »
If you want citizens to roleplay in the main districts, give them a reason to. I floated the idea of a loyalist bar to a few people on Steam which I believe was received positively by a few others in Teamspeak, but until there's things for citizens to do in the main district they'll continue to go to D2/the strip club/wherever they decide to meet.

There's no reason to stay in the open in the main districts currently because any passive roleplay you might try to do is likely to be interrupted by patrolling units. If citizens were congregating in the UCH and talking there, would you ask Oz to remove that as well? It's effectively the same thing, except that citizens in the other district are less likely to be raided.

Destroying a nice-looking, atmospheric building because the MPF don't have anyone to yell at isn't the way to go. Give them a reason to stick around. Promote loyalist roleplay, run events, have stalls set up, encourage the CWU and other organisations.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 08:46:42 PM »
Hue, the memories.

Back when I ran the old strip club on Indus or even the Safe Haven on the early C45's the entire admin team would give me shit because I took away from MPF roleplay.

If you want citizens to roleplay in plaza, GIVE THEM A REASON TO. Me and Vengeance were talking about making a bar(we also spoke to waffle whom supported it) in the plaza. It was partially outside over by the bridge and basically units could still patrol it, but they just wouldn't go inside without a reason(like the UCH). They could peak in or whatever since it was partially outside, just not walk in. RP for citizens without "destroying MPF rolelplay".

Another major factor as to why citizens don't like to RP in plaza is because many of the units destroy the RP yelling isolate. Whenever a unit does that, many lower ranks do it, I yell at them in LOOC to not do that.

Want citizenRP to happen in plaza? Then don't destroy it. Don't get butthurt when none of the citizens want to go to plaza.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 08:48:31 PM »
Hue, the memories.

Back when I ran the old strip club on Indus or even the Safe Haven on the early C45's the entire admin team would give me shit because I took away from MPF roleplay.

If you want citizens to roleplay in plaza, GIVE THEM A REASON TO. Me and Vengeance were talking about making a bar(we also spoke to waffle whom supported it) in the plaza. It was partially outside over by the bridge and basically units could still patrol it, but they just wouldn't go inside without a reason(like the UCH). They could peak in or whatever since it was partially outside, just not walk in. RP for citizens without "destroying MPF rolelplay".

Another major factor as to why citizens don't like to RP in plaza is because many of the units destroy the RP yelling isolate. Whenever a unit does that, many lower ranks do it, I yell at them in LOOC to not do that.

Want citizenRP to happen in plaza? Then don't destroy it. Don't get butthurt when none of the citizens want to go to plaza.

Spoiler for Hiden:

And not enough events.  The only reason the Strip Club is so popular is because shit actually happens there.  Give the Loyalist party a place to set up a Union-sanctioned recreational center and you'll never see the main districts die again.

Any thoughts?

Offline Vegas

• Big Poppa
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 08:54:56 PM »
Pretty much what Cow and Grom said.
If you want us to go to the plaza, give us incentive. Don't cry because we go to somewhere that's not there. UCH is the same thing, citizens pool there and units don't interfere with them. Do we remove it? No. Why should we remove the strip club? Because you're upset that your units dont get to RP there? Suck it up. C18 we only had people go to plaza because it was accessible. This time, it's a maze to get there and units will refuse to interact with you. I just recently had a unit lolrun right past me when I was trying to RP with him. I informed an admin and he was NOT REPRIMANDED.
Do you want us to RP with units? Then RP with us. Give us a reason to RP with units. Just because the strip club is more attractive than the undecorated plaza with units screaming at you doesn't mean we should remove it.
I reiterate the fact that we shouldn't remove the stripclub.
Add a bar in the plaza, as Grom suggested, a place where units can poke around in but we can RP without interruption.
Another suggestion is add immersion-friendly signs to point to the plaza, so newcomers don't get lost. C8 is a labyrinth for first-time players.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 11:40:31 PM »
i dont want to go into the plaza anyway
all you want to do is make us move somewhere else and degrade the sewers
besides you units act so aggressive i dont want anything to do with the plaza
'move along' is a very fun rp directive

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 01:25:24 AM »
Make some interesting loyalist things in the plaza. Move the strip club closer to d1 and 2 and maybe put it surface level (maybe put it where i had added district 3 in my edit)
And leave the sewers for the dangerous or powerful rebels.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal