• Swagile the Fagile
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: PAC
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2014, 12:36:59 PM »
potential lag
not like we're being hit every day lol

this is a mighty fine point.

if we have too many players with PAC flags and they attach shiny lights and shit on themselves, the lag will increase.

best to put rules and / or not launch the PAC update until the i'm an idiot for assuming things attacks thin out

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2014, 12:40:20 PM »
potential lag

if we have too many players with PAC flags and they attach shiny lights and shit on themselves, the lag will increase.

best to put rules and / or not launch the PAC update until the i'm an idiot for assuming things attacks thin out

You say that, but when we're not being hit, the server runs great.
When we are being hit, it cannot possibly get any worse.
have a nice day :)

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2014, 12:44:06 PM »
I've seen people put a shitload of props on themselves using PAC (up to 100-200), and it hasn't degraded the performance at all. If your performance degrades from PAC, then something is wrong with your gmod - or your computer.

If anything, just add an option to make PAC stuff not load for players, so if you don't like PAC, you can just disable it.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2014, 12:45:57 PM »
potential lag

Network lag caused by attacks and fps lag caused by entities are completely unrelated to each other. Point is invalid

I support this PAC thing completely. Treat it as an applicable flag like TT. Anyone caught abusing it goes to the dungeon. JK they just lose their flag and get a ban of some sort.

Offline Swagile

• Swagile the Fagile
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2014, 03:28:31 PM »
potential lag

Network lag caused by attacks and fps lag caused by entities are completely unrelated to each other. Point is invalid

I support this PAC thing completely. Treat it as an applicable flag like TT. Anyone caught abusing it goes to the dungeon. JK they just lose their flag and get a ban of some sort.

uhh thanks for updating my post when my point still stood for a long portion of the server's downtime.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2014, 03:42:50 PM »
uhh thanks for updating my post when my point still stood for a long portion of the server's downtime.

We won't get anywhere if maintain that kind of attitude. We'll continue pushing updates to the server regardless if we are or aren't getting hit.
The performance degradation PAC may cause on the server is negligible and all connecting clients will be given an option to unload it. If it does get out of control, we'll just disable it until/if a solution is found.
It might take a while for PAC to show up on the server anyway, I've currently got other priority stuff in development.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 03:45:18 PM by Khub »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal