Author Topic: Narcotics  (Read 4828 times)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Narcotics
« on: March 07, 2014, 03:18:48 PM »
Just like any level three contraband, you consume it, you get a stat boost. And perhaps decrease some stats.

In a depressing and grim world, people will seek things to help ease the grim circumstances of which they live.  I think it'd be very realistic for lab made substances like PCP or meth to hit the streets. Also, with the right people, this can make some very good RP.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Narcotics
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 03:19:55 PM »
That sounds like an interesting idea.

Offline Delta

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 03:23:40 PM »
I like the part about getting a stat boost to some stats while decreasing others, would make you think about when to use them and for which situation. Maybe have different variations or a random effect that happens with stats so people aren't quick to always use them. Besides, more contraband is always enjoyable, especially when you're not the one caught carrying it.

Offline Reddy

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 03:27:25 PM »
It sounds like a cool concept, I would not personally use them if they were in the game but i'm sure other people would. I'm guessing they would be a level 4 or 5 contraband as well, it might be an instant PK or a very long stay in a cell.
He looks out the window and sees combine running towards his apartment. They block the entrance and start bounding up the stairs. They Search the apartments one by one, getting closer and closer. Then there is a knock at the door, and it is all over.

Offline turhral=S=C=

• FAHKING
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 04:12:44 PM »
It sounds like a cool concept, I would not personally use them if they were in the game but i'm sure other people would. I'm guessing they would be a level 4 or 5 contraband as well, it might be an instant PK or a very long stay in a cell.

I take it you are quite new? Nevermind.
There are no level 4 or 5 contraband, and level 3 is the lowest rank of contraband, while level 1 is the highest, which contains MUCH more dangerous stuff than narcotics, and results in death. I know what the items are as I saw the list, but won't tell as I'm not sure if I'm allowed. It should be level 2.

About the narcotics, it is a great idea, adding more stat-twisting items adds more fun RP. Adding more contraband items, as stated above, is more fun too.
We shall bring HL2RP back.
We must.

Offline [WB] SDS Bandy [CO] [15th]

• What is blood if not for shedding? -TheCandyMan
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 04:13:14 PM »
It would be great fun to see people also Role playing as people who can grow weed maybe, or even cook meth?

Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Delta

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 04:48:37 PM »
Think it would be better to keep the names generic, not having like weed or meth or you'll attract that whole darkrp crowd and will distance from the original goal of HL2RP.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 04:56:32 PM »
It would be great fun to see people also Role playing as people who can grow weed maybe, or even cook meth?

Spoiler for Hiden:

Yeeeeeeah, last thing we really need is something like durgz mod on the server. That would just turn me off completely, and I would be utterly disgusted when I start seeing citizens eating giant Mario stars and mushrooms. nty.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 05:01:31 PM »
So like: Stimulants (cocaine), Hallucinogen (Extacy), Sympathomimetic (epinephrine aka speed), and Hypnotics/Sedatives (lorazepam)

Sympathomimetics and hypnotics/Sedatives are also used for medical purposes so that could be interesting.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 05:21:38 PM »
theres only 3 proper classifications of drugs and they are hallucinogens stimulants and depressants fyi

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 07:11:23 PM »
theres only 3 proper classifications of drugs and they are hallucinogens stimulants and depressants fyi
So what do you classify speed or date rape as?

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 07:14:29 PM »

Speed is a stimulant (I think) and "date rape" drugs are quaaludes (again, correct me if I'm wrong).

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 07:26:11 PM »

Speed is a stimulant (I think) and "date rape" drugs are quaaludes (again, correct me if I'm wrong).

I would think rufees would be a type of depressant.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 07:35:30 PM »
Sorry. I mean adrenaline. Not speed. Speed is a methamphetamine which is a stimulant. For whatever reason I thought speed was adrenaline. Epinephrine aka adrenaline is a sympathomimetic. EpiPens are common forms of adrenaline.

Roofies is Rohypnal also known as flunitrazepam which is a sedative.

Oh and narcotics are opiates used for pain control. Morphine, codeine, heroin. That paracetamol in game. Paracetamol is also known as acetaminophen or better known as Tylenol you get from stores.

SO here's what we should REALLY have for drugs: Narcotics, Sympathomimetics, Stimulants, Depressants, Hallucinogens, Hypnotics/Sedatives, and Depressants.

Sources: I took pharmacology and toxicology >.>

Offline Reddy

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 08:26:31 PM »
I take it you are quite new? Nevermind.
There are no level 4 or 5 contraband, and level 3 is the lowest rank of contraband, while level 1 is the highest, which contains MUCH more dangerous stuff than narcotics, and results in death. I know what the items are as I saw the list, but won't tell as I'm not sure if I'm allowed. It should be level 2.

About the narcotics, it is a great idea, adding more stat-twisting items adds more fun RP. Adding more contraband items, as stated above, is more fun too.
[/quote]

Yes I know there are only 3 levels I am saying they may have to make a new level of contraband for this.
He looks out the window and sees combine running towards his apartment. They block the entrance and start bounding up the stairs. They Search the apartments one by one, getting closer and closer. Then there is a knock at the door, and it is all over.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal