Author Topic: Wut 'bout Section Dos?  (Read 4458 times)

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Wut 'bout Section Dos?
« on: January 06, 2014, 12:41:22 AM »
Haven't heard anything on the infamous Section 2 (Can't even remember what it was called...) I always remember hearing about how Section 2 was pretty much the god's of the server, and by that, I mean they were OP as fuck and knew pretty much everything. So I am assuming that they won't be re-visited on the CCA Roster from the grief that I've heard in the past? If I am wrong though, I guess this would be the place to discuss it? Personally though, I never thought they were too bad, mainly because I knew nothing of them, so chat away.

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Wut 'bout Section Dos?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 12:44:33 AM »
i have no idea what section 2 is

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 12:46:26 AM »
i have no idea what section 2 is

Zealot, that's the name of it. Took me a while.

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 12:48:52 AM »
knew pretty much everything.

almost all of the time everything they knew was gained legitimately

a lot of people hating them is pure misunderstanding, i dont think theres an issue with zealot coming back but it needs to be more secretly ran and managed

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 01:05:46 AM »
it doesnt matter if it was legit if they can call their big brother if they get in a pickle and even considerring them being s2 is metagaming

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 03:39:53 AM »
zealot was an elitist as fuck division, although it might return with different leadership, but you shohuld ask ricky about that since he made a roster example that semt quite good

But if it turns out anything like raged's zealot then pls remove

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 05:56:25 AM »
intelligence groups always receive hate of various groups in a community because of the role they have to do, particularly when it involves monitoring both the CCA and resistance groups which is the majority of the senior playerbase/administration

zealot was an elitist as fuck division

like this

believe me or not but i required my units to give me legitimate evidence that information that was passed on through the chain of command was obtained ic'ly and if they didn't i yelled at them

as far as i know ricky plans on leading the next intelligence division and he wanted to emulate zealot but i deleted all my files from the forums and nobody else has access to them anymore

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 03:18:41 AM »
this won't be happening, at least not right away. we'll decide if an intelligence division is required/if the playerbase can handle it after launch.
as far as i know ricky plans on leading the next intelligence division and he wanted to emulate zealot but i deleted all my files from the forums and nobody else has access to them anymore
no one is leading anything as of yet. haven't decided on anyones' positions yet
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 11:12:34 AM »
hi

Yeah, as much fun as zealot was, we always got bad press and i feel you might want to try not including it so that AC rp (yes even the ones who are shit and get caught in like 2 minutes) can get going and become established and not suffocated to death because we got so good at it and all the criminals with the exception of Oz were street level thugs and took a day or two to wipe out once discovered.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 03:34:25 PM »
this won't be happening, at least not right away. we'll decide if an intelligence division is required/if the playerbase can handle it after launch.
no one is leading anything as of yet. haven't decided on anyones' positions yet
I never said I was leading anything. I only started making preparations for the possibility of such a division existing.
Live free or die

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 08:44:21 PM »
hi

Yeah, as much fun as zealot was, we always got bad press and i feel you might want to try not including it so that AC rp (yes even the ones who are shit and get caught in like 2 minutes) can get going and become established and not suffocated to death because we got so good at it and all the criminals with the exception of Oz were street level thugs and took a day or two to wipe out once discovered.

haha not me you fool

but on a more serious note, totally didnt see this thread and wanted to give my input

its  not that I doubted s2's legitmacy, as they had legit information. its just that there was a lack of room in a sense for rp outside the CCA to grow. People aren't going to be perfect at hiding things, and there obviously needed to be some openness for the resistance to grow and such. I'd also like to add that the resistance didnt have a lot going for it in terms of support and ways to counter s2 at all (even in my time in zealot, i never found it dangerous to my person to go do zealot things)

tl;dr wait on an intelligence division to come in, and if it does, its gotta be a bit more lenient on resistance groups (unless they decide to go fuck all and start blowing shit p and killing everyone, then have at them)

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 09:35:23 PM »
S2 was fine, it was mainly just the stupid kids that got killed. Perhaps if they were slightly more lenient/forgiving then it could help new resistance/whatever groups grow. I mentioned this in another thread but basically if you get killed one time by S2 NLR it, second time PK. It would help give the said groups another chance to try and learn from their mistakes and grow as roleplayers. I've lost plenty of characters and you just learn from it and see what you could do better next time. But yea, let S2 do it's thing but perhaps be slightly more lenient?
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2014, 05:14:14 AM »
its just that there was a lack of room in a sense for rp outside the CCA to grow. People aren't going to be perfect at hiding things, and there obviously needed to be some openness for the resistance to grow and such.

I doubt the second section would go ahead and exterminate a group of citizens who provide a rare roleplay opportunity outside of the CCA, unless the group would begin to form a serious threat. As far as I know, nothing like this ever happened.
In addition, as much as I think I understand the rage upon losing your not-really-a-loyalist character you were working on hard for the past weeks, you get the message: you're doing it wrong. Why is it so hard to create a new character and start over again, figuring out your flaws and trying to avoid them this time?

Maybe I'm just too silly but I can't think of a good way to counter espionage conducted by a undercover operatives group, so I agree with you on that.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 05:17:27 AM by Khub »

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2014, 10:00:11 AM »

Why is it so hard to create a new character and start over again, figuring out your flaws and trying to avoid them this time?

Because many of the players whom did die rage quitted, loosing some population. Just ever so slightly revising it to make it so first time is an NLR would allow the newer players to resistance role play to learn from their mistakes a grow, without them rage quitting. It's merely a way to help preserve some of the population.

abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2014, 02:21:17 PM »
then we'd have to keep track of every kill, and then after an nlr they'll just make a new char and "get new items" and then its useless cause they'll be never ending groups of lulwebels who dnt die because nlr & new char

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal