Author Topic: CCA Application Changes  (Read 3708 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
CCA Application Changes
« on: January 03, 2014, 05:43:31 PM »
As of now, the CCA Application is ridiculously and full of pointless time consuming questions that really dont affect the outcome of the application. So here are 2 applications which seem to be relatively ok. I dont know where the 2nd one if from but the 1st one if from CG in 2011.

Spoiler for Application 1:

OOC Name:

IC Character Name:

1) Please write a minimum of 2 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)

3) Please provide a paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?

2. How long have you played on serious servers?

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?

4. What Time zone are you in?

5. In what country do you live?

6. How old are you?

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?

IC Section

Full Name:
CID:
Height:
Hair Colour:
Eye Colour:
Sexual Orientation:
Weight:
Mental Distinctions:
Mental Defects:
Mental Advantages:
Notable Qualities:

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? (4 SENTENCE MINIMUM)

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, _____________ hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Spoiler for Application 2:
1) Steam Name:

2) Steam ID:

3) Character name:

4) Requested Digits:
(5 digits)

5) Character Back story:
(Take your time here and go well into the details)

6) Character Traits:
(Loyal, patient, etc)

7) How long have you been playing Catalyst Gaming?

8) Past experience with CCA Roleplay.

9) What do you want to get out of CCA role-play?

10) Extra Comments.

I like both of them. The first sets limits, however the 2nd is fairly straightforward. What do you guys think?

Offline [TJR] Hazza56

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: CCA Application Changes
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 05:46:49 PM »
The 2nd one would be perfect if there were more questions (maybe about how the faction functions) and add an IC section.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 05:50:52 PM »
2nd is way way too short, first is more like it but needs to be updated and modified to just be better quality

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 06:08:50 PM »
the 1st is good and served hl2rp well in its first run but imo it needs to be formatted a bit better

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 07:33:25 PM »
Imo Application 2 seems to be the best, it has straight forward questions that you need to know and doesn't have un-need questions like application 1. Sure App 2 needs say 10 more questions, but lets keep the applications direct and remove all the BS that's in App 1. Lets also keep in mind the player base that will most likely be having. Games nowadays are starting to have a younger community. Don't expect that the players for the upcoming HL2RP server is going to have late year teens/adults. Expect that the player base will have early year teens, if not pre teens. So lets keep thing simple for them to understand and enjoy. We shouldn't be making servers for us whose here, but for those that will join the community later. Now this is just my opinion and view on it. Obviously there will be people that disagree.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 07:40:52 PM »
Imo Application 2 seems to be the best, it has straight forward questions that you need to know and doesn't have un-need questions like application 1. Sure App 2 needs say 10 more questions, but lets keep the applications direct and remove all the BS that's in App 1. Lets also keep in mind the player base that will most likely be having. Games nowadays are starting to have a younger community. Don't expect that the players for the upcoming HL2RP server is going to have late year teens/adults. Expect that the player base will have early year teens, if not pre teens. So lets keep thing simple for them to understand and enjoy. We shouldn't be making servers for us whose here, but for those that will join the community later. Now this is just my opinion and view on it. Obviously there will be people that disagree.

there has to be a certain level of rp/english ability and if you don't meet that regardless of age you shouldn't have a unit, the first application tests both the ability to roleplay and portray a character as well as write the answers down with at least decent english skills and then in game they were tested by a simple interview/questioning scenario, the 2nd application is much too simple even with more questions
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:43:09 PM by smt »

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 07:46:12 PM »
1st app would be better

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 09:46:01 PM »
What do you suggest we change on application 1?

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 07:54:11 AM »
    What do you suggest we change on application 1?

• take out the bit that says "IC Character name:" as you're going to give it further on in the IC section any way
    • in the oath I'd take out the bit about swearing your "soul to the Universal Union" - it just seems too religious/spiritual/etc for the Combine and i don't think those characteristics are ever really applied to them
    • generally just spruce up the formatting a bit (e.g. the first set of questions follows the format of 1), 2) ... but the second set changes to 1., 2. ...)

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 03:48:18 PM »
    I think one is good as it is really. Worked well in HL2RP before it got shutdown, no reason it wouldn't work again.

Out of Character for OOC:
    Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
    • Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 04:22:19 PM »
    I don't think a 1000+ word essay should be required to get into the CCA. It should be based more off of what you do IC'ly. The OOC application should be more of if you understand English Spelling and Grammar, not if you can write a whole bunch of stories about your character and whatnot. It shouldn't be like we are writing some fan-fiction or something. Just enough to see if the said person can write properly and understands the English language. From there, it should all be IC and if they can actually role-play. With that said, I like the second one, but it just needs to be reformatted a little differently to incorporate just a little bit more information.
    abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
    • Gold Member
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 04:36:03 PM »
    I don't think a 1000+ word essay should be required to get into the CCA. It should be based more off of what you do IC'ly. The OOC application should be more of if you understand English Spelling and Grammar, not if you can write a whole bunch of stories about your character and whatnot. It shouldn't be like we are writing some fan-fiction or something. Just enough to see if the said person can write properly and understands the English language. From there, it should all be IC and if they can actually role-play. With that said, I like the second one, but it just needs to be reformatted a little differently to incorporate just a little bit more information.

the ability to write a lot shows both an actual desire to get a unit and do at least more than 10 minutes work for it as well as have an actual fitting backstory for your character

whether you guys like it or not if you can write a 3 paragraph backstory that is detailed and believable about your character that shows you both know how to use english correctly and can put your mind into your character's and put to words where your character is from and why they want to join the cca, not just "oh i want to get a cca unit but my character is generic but that doesnt matter i can just write a sentence under each question" - having the long backstory requirement and other questions shows you can rp even if you dont think it does, i bet 50%~ of your citizen characters you just made on the spot and don't really have a backstory for in your mind, having a backstory is great and separates good rpers from great rpers and why can't we choose to have only great rpers in the cca? bad rpers in the cca is a very bad thing look at tapir and shit

a unit isn't all about what you do "ICly", most people don't even properly RP their recruit anyway, everyone's croot is always perfect and never fails for 90% of people
    « Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 04:40:05 PM by smt »

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
    • Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 04:47:59 PM »

the ability to write a lot shows both an actual desire to get a unit and do at least more than 10 minutes work for it as well as have an actual fitting backstory for your character

whether you guys like it or not if you can write a 3 paragraph backstory that is detailed and believable about your character that shows you both know how to use english correctly and can put your mind into your character's and put to words where your character is from and why they want to join the cca, not just "oh i want to get a cca unit but my character is generic but that doesnt matter i can just write a sentence under each question" - having the long backstory requirement and other questions shows you can rp even if you dont think it does, i bet 50%~ of your citizen characters you just made on the spot and don't really have a backstory for in your mind, having a backstory is great and separates good rpers from great rpers and why can't we choose to have only great rpers in the cca? bad rpers in the cca is a very bad thing look at tapir and shit

a unit isn't all about what you do "ICly", most people don't even properly RP their recruit anyway, everyone's croot is always perfect and never fails for 90% of people

Ok but even when we had the long backstories there were still shitty units that somehow still got into the CCA, that's why I propose to have it more based around what you do IC'ly (as well as ooc attitude but thats something else). If we keep it the same as it was before, we will already know ahead of time that shitty units will still get into the CCA. By changing the way recruitment goes, having it based more around IC actions/roleplay, then the outcome could be different.
    abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
    • Gold Member
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 04:50:38 PM »

Ok but even when we had the long backstories there were still shitty units that somehow still got into the CCA, that's why I propose to have it more based around what you do IC'ly (as well as ooc attitude but thats something else). If we keep it the same as it was before, we will already know ahead of time that shitty units will still get into the CCA. By changing the way recruitment goes, having it based more around IC actions/roleplay, then the outcome could be different.

shitty units fake their app/get it done for them/somehow do a good app and still get in then if i dont realize they're shitty in game i/whoever is running uniform will just remove them, i don't remember anyone who was shitty 24/7 and got past 05/04

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
    • Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 06:28:18 PM »
    I like the first one. That said, I was never around for HL2RP. I just like filling out long forms.
    READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
    C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal