Author Topic: CCA Application Changes  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: CCA Application Changes
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 08:20:23 PM »
I prefer form number one, too.

As for terrible units getting in anyway.. yes, thats bound to happen. An application isn't going to filter out every terrible player, that's why we have recruit rank and such.. remove them once you deem them not fit to be in the CCA, shouldn't be much harder than that.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 11:40:14 PM »
Hows this?

Spoiler for Application 1:

Steam Name:

1. Please write a minimum of 2 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.

2. Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)

3. Please provide a paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.

4. Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

5. Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?

2. How long have you played on serious servers?

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?

4. What Time zone are you in?

5. In what country do you live?

6. How old are you?

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?

IC Section

Full Name:
CID:
Height:
Hair Colour:
Eye Colour:
Sexual Orientation:
Weight:
Mental Distinctions:
Mental Defects:
Mental Advantages:
Notable Qualities:

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? (4 SENTENCE MINIMUM)

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, _____________ hereby swear my mind, body, and life entirely to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 03:17:48 AM »
Hows this?

Steam Name:

1. Please write a minimum of 2 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.

3. Please provide a paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.

4. Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

5. Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.

OOC Details

6. How old are you?

IC Section

Full Name:
CID:
Height:
Hair Colour:
Eye Colour:
Sexual Orientation:
Weight:
Mental Distinctions:
Mental Defects:
Mental Advantages:
Notable Qualities:

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?

I, _____________ hereby swear my mind, body, and life entirely to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

The only thing missing is specifying what constitutes a paragraph, as many people seem to have their own idea of how many sentences make up one.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 04:49:37 AM »
I like number 1 better because it really asks up effort for people to fill in. And it helps to filter out the idiots getting access to the CCA. Although number 1 might be a bit to long and have a few questions that aren't needed.

So therefore:

Hows this?

Steam Name:

OOC Details

6. How old are you?

IC Section

Full Name:
CID:
Height:
Hair Colour:
Eye Colour:
Sexual Orientation:
Weight:
Mental Distinctions:
Mental Defects:
Mental Advantages:
Notable Qualities:

Agreed with Cow on this one. It seems to be perfect, with the exception of a bit more clarification on certain things. Such as indeed, stating how long a paragraph is. (Minimum 4 long or 6/8 short sentences as far as I know.)
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2014, 05:45:27 AM »
minimum 4 sentences on a paragraph would be best like it used to be

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2014, 06:17:54 AM »
yeah that one is good now, although I'd say change the wording in OOC question 5 to

Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If yes, have you had it removed? Why?

or something similar. Its like the current question asks if you have a unit, and then instantly assumes that it was removed or you don't have it anymore, while it is quite possible and there has been people with multiple units active.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal