Author Topic: Rule Ideas.  (Read 10202 times)

Offline Blenderfanny | Dave York

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Rule Ideas.
« on: November 25, 2013, 08:13:02 PM »
So I've donated, I've played Orange Cosmos, and Harbor for a long time on and off. I got on Harbor today to find countless amounts of Swastikas in downtown Red Harbor. Admins, and players saying "Nigger" and "Heil Hitler" in OOC and IC. I asked what it was about, and apparently it's not against the rules. I don't see how or why Racism and Religious Bashing isn't against the rules in IC. (Apparently it is in OOC but nobody was doing shit about it.) But it should really change. I'm not Jewish, I'm not Black. But people will join, and see this, and some will get offended by it. I find it wrong. Many brave Americans, and Germans, some forced to end their lives in that battle are dead. Some relatives of people who may play, some who need to be remembered and treated respectfully. There are so many ignorant pricks I got sick to my stomach just witnessing this.

Offline [MTG] Kimosabe

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rule Ideas.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 08:21:29 PM »
I do also belive this is wrong, Not only do many kids play on this server but it is also very diverse, there are many Jews, Christians, Muslums, Blacks. None of them need to be remember of the holocaust or need racial slurs said upon them, they come here to have fun. Not to be judged on there race. Thats not the only problem the fact that people make jokes about the holocaust and say Hitler is good, its disgusting behavior and should not be tolerated in a gaming community that is as diverse as this one

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 08:28:39 PM »
and say Hitler is good, its disgusting behavior

that is an opinion and you cant silence that nor call it disgusting behavior just because it is someone else's opinion on the man lol

also there is nothing wrong with IC racism and shit

Offline Blenderfanny | Dave York

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 08:32:48 PM »
that is an opinion and you cant silence that nor call it disgusting behavior just because it is someone else's opinion on the man lol

If you had read the forum post you should see that it was in OOC aswell. Also I don't consider giant 20 foot tall Swastikas right in your face that you need to run around when you spawn IC. There's a different between small IC racism/hate crimes and full-on disgusting.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 08:49:19 PM »
OOC i agree. It shouldn't be allowed. However in-character is fine. Why? Because its in-character. Which means what is said and meant in-character remains in-character, hence why we would rather you use LOOC to talk OOC then your mic.

This isn't elementary school. You aren't our responsibility even if you're a minor. We'll control some OOC things but when it comes to the game itself, the letter M for Mature assumes you're mature enough to understand the difference between a game and personal hate.

Hopefully though our administrators will handle the OOC racism appropriately and refrain from doing it.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 10:26:20 PM »
In character, like stated, it's fine. OOC is when it's an issue. Regardless, admins really shouldn't be doing stuff like this.

If you had read the forum post you should see that it was in OOC aswell. Also I don't consider giant 20 foot tall Swastikas right in your face that you need to run around when you spawn IC. There's a different between small IC racism/hate crimes and full-on disgusting.
This is a good point. There's a point where it's being taken too far.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 04:12:40 AM »
Yes large swastikas that cannot be ignored when you spawn is definitely not appealing to new players joining in. However as Statua said this isn't a PG community and I think we can relax if someone says "nigger" once as a joke. If it becomes a problem in OOC where everyone is constantly spamming OOC with offensive language... then of course something should be done. I'm just saying that I would be disappointed if we couldn't be somewhat relaxed about this and not make the occasional "nigger" in OOC be a kick/bannable offense. That should only be necessary when it becomes spam.
ok

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 11:11:45 AM »
It's pretty easy:
Saying Nigger is not against the rules.
Being offensive towards other's is.

So doing anything or saying anything in a joking manner should be fine.
But doing anything or saying anything towards someone in an offensive manner should NOT be acceptable.

So simply said: If someone wants you to stop because he finds it offensive, then do so.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 12:08:26 PM »
It's pretty easy:
Saying Nigger is not against the rules.
Being offensive towards other's is.

So doing anything or saying anything in a joking manner should be fine.
But doing anything or saying anything towards someone in an offensive manner should NOT be acceptable.

So simply said: If someone wants you to stop because he finds it offensive, then do so.

example of this

I say in OOC that my opinion of Hitler is that I think he was a great leader and Sieg Heil, that is not against the rules.

Someone comes on the server and tells us all he is black, if I say to him "Fuck you, you dirty fucking nigger get out" in OOC that is against the rules as it is directly flaming him.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 01:35:14 PM »
As a Jew myself, let me insert my side of the story.

Firstly, if you are offended by people using overly-used and unoriginal slogans like "Hitler did nothing wrong" or "Sieg Heil!", then you shouldn't be on the internet.  I've known people like that long enough to know that they don't actually mean what they say; the only reason they say it is because they either want attention or are trolling to try and get oversensitive people buttmad.

Of course, that does not mean I am willing to stand still and have anti-semitic slogans thrown my way all day.  The way to tell if someone is a racist/bigot is if they use your race to attack your character directly. 

Here is an example of a troll: "Hey, you know Hitler was an awesome guy?"

Here is an actual bigot I met online:  "Hey, let's leave the server until this Ashkenazi Debt Slaver gets off."

I think it is rather obvious who is more serious.  I don't think a new rule is needed as this sort of harassment falls under flaming.

Offline Kasatka ???

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 08:25:24 PM »
This is the problem with "racism" today. First of all, IC racism makes since. You can be someone who doesn't like (incest whatever you want here) and that's fine, it does exist even if it shouldn't. As for someone who gets offended about someone mentioning it in OOC, it shouldn't be tolerated. The problem with it is that people do not understand what it means. Words have no meaning whatsoever. Words are a collection of letters that are assembled to make recognizable symbols we associate with meanings. IE words only have the meaning that you give them. Furthermore, racism is only racism if you let it be racist. Sure the words in use could be seen as hateful and childish but only because people see them as such. It is the norm to see some words as acceptable and others as not, but together we can change the norm and shut down the effects of it and turn them into meaningless words again.
Keep it quiet and they won't know what killed them.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Rule Ideas.
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 09:35:10 PM »
This is the problem with "racism" today. First of all, IC racism makes since. You can be someone who doesn't like (incest whatever you want here) and that's fine, it does exist even if it shouldn't. As for someone who gets offended about someone mentioning it in OOC, it shouldn't be tolerated. The problem with it is that people do not understand what it means. Words have no meaning whatsoever. Words are a collection of letters that are assembled to make recognizable symbols we associate with meanings. IE words only have the meaning that you give them. Furthermore, racism is only racism if you let it be racist. Sure the words in use could be seen as hateful and childish but only because people see them as such. It is the norm to see some words as acceptable and others as not, but together we can change the norm and shut down the effects of it and turn them into meaningless words again.

Or simply said:
- Words can only hurt you when you allow them to.
- Offense can not be given. It can only be taken.
- You can call me anything. And I can either be angry for calling me that, or laugh in your face trying to hard.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline [MTG] Kimosabe

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 10:02:51 PM »
Still, with a server this diverse, many different races, many different ages, and religions this should not be tolerated at all
the way people talk about hitler on this server is awful behavor this would never happen IRL so why is it considerd RP if they want to do this they should play 1942 RP thats a gamemode designed for that, but for a modern day based gamemode to allow that and call it RP is fucking messed up. I think there should be a rule that says if you wouldnt say it IRL dont say it here. For people to say they support hitler is messed up. You know they dont mean it so dont allow them to say it, Dont allow people to joke in this kind of way

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 10:59:27 PM »
And mugging, pirating (irl, not interpr0ns), stealing, killing, and copious amounts of criminal activity is?

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 11:27:24 PM »
Disallowing someone to say they support Hitler in character is quite frankly ridiculous. If you're that insulted by a statement like that, you need to find an E rated game to play on. It's up to the player to be upset at something like this. Pardon me if I sound insensitive but I just don't understand at all.
ok

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal