Author Topic: Rule Ideas.  (Read 10228 times)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rule Ideas.
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2013, 12:25:30 AM »
Disallowing someone to say they support Hitler in character is quite frankly ridiculous. If you're that insulted by a statement like that, you need to find an E rated game to play on. It's up to the player to be upset at something like this. Pardon me if I sound insensitive but I just don't understand at all.
I agree completely channy... if you do not like it, leave.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2013, 12:55:58 AM »
Still, with a server this diverse, many different races, many different ages, and religions this should not be tolerated at all
the way people talk about hitler on this server is awful behavor this would never happen IRL so why is it considerd RP if they want to do this they should play 1942 RP thats a gamemode designed for that, but for a modern day based gamemode to allow that and call it RP is fucking messed up. I think there should be a rule that says if you wouldnt say it IRL dont say it here. For people to say they support hitler is messed up. You know they dont mean it so dont allow them to say it, Dont allow people to joke in this kind of way

I have two responses to your statement.

Firstly, this is the internet.  The fact that there are few IRL consequences for actions made here means that people are willing to do/say things that they would never do in person.  If you find yourself being offended by these simple things, a good idea would be to stop paying your ISP.

Secondly, just because the server is based in modern times doesn't mean that Nazis don't exist.  There are plenty of places on this planet (Especially around where I live in the pacific-northwest of America) that have a high population of neo-Nazis, and to completely ban a legitimate form of RP because it is offensive is about as ridiculous as outlawing american football because it is dangerous.  EVERYONE knows the hazards when you get yourself involved in either thing, yet american football remains a legitimate sport (at least in America).

Also, referring to my previous post, I still have no problem with people RPing as Nazis.  Yes, one of my distant cousins lived through a concentration camp and my uncle's parents survived Auschwitz, but what does that mean to the average denizen of the internet?  Perhaps the most important rule of the internet to keep in mind (second only to rule 34) is rule 42:  "Nothing is sacred".  The moment you name yourself an "oppressed" minority, the trolls will be all over you attempting to feed off your innocence and self-righteousness.  The way to survive in this environment is to just grow a thick skin and keep moving.

Offline Remilia Scarlet

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2013, 07:02:58 AM »
I think Hazard solved all this topic's problem. Pack it up people, we're moving out.
Gregory Casavant: ((The HRP stew is missing something today, hmm, needs more admin.))

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2013, 09:57:32 AM »
If you dont read all of hazards post, I advise you do before posting a reply. He pretty much got it right there.

In conclusion, ooc racism will be monitored and dealt with appropriately. IC racism will only be dealt with if it gets out of hand (like 20' swastikas in RH) and out of hand will be determined by the online administrator. In most cases, the person will just be asked to cool it down a notch.

Anyone disagree with this?

Offline ReillyP

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2013, 10:18:49 AM »
I feel like allowing someone to RP that no matter how large or small allows people to write "f**k jews" or "f**k jesus he did 4 no one"

I can claim my beliefs I RP require me to make scared killings in RH or that they allow me to rape anyone I see. It's not right but thats what it makes the above seem like.
I slay demon and demonic accessories.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2013, 12:24:17 PM »
I feel like allowing someone to RP that no matter how large or small allows people to write "f**k jews" or "f**k jesus he did 4 no one"

I can claim my beliefs I RP require me to make scared killings in RH or that they allow me to rape anyone I see. It's not right but thats what it makes the above seem like.

Even the US Constitution states that you are free to practice your beliefs so long as they do not deprive anyone else of their natural rights.  If someone RPs a rapist/blood-thirsty cultist, it is up to the Coast Guard, not an admin, to deal with it.

In regards to the first sentence, if people are just writing that on walls for no IC reason, then an admin can be involved.  However, if the writing on the walls is RPed with /me's and the character follows up on that with more anti-semitic or anti-christian behavior in character, then it is the job of the Coast Guards to deal with him, as his character is shoving his opinion down everyone's throats.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 12:29:16 PM by Hazard Time - Gilmour.R »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal