Author Topic: OCRP 2011/2012 Edition  (Read 18518 times)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OCRP 2011/2012 Edition
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2013, 11:58:36 AM »
i have nothing against any future development for OCRP2, all i wanted to suggest was what jagex did with runescape and that is setting up an oldschool version and just wanted to see what other people's thoughts were on the idea of having both OCRP1.5 (in a similar fashion to 2007scape) and current OCRP2 running simultaneously. I am not by any means saying "development for ocrp2 is shit and dev should kill themselves and work on ocrp1.5 instead", was just an idea and the updates would be very minimal

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2013, 12:48:34 PM »
We dont exactly have the playerbase for 2 servers right now.

Lets stat throwing ideas out there so stevo can get to work shal we? Make some threads in the OCRP2 suggestion section.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 12:51:27 PM by Statua »

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2013, 08:39:28 PM »
In other words, you guys don't like what the devs worked hared on to make? They go out of their way to make something new and interesting and all you want is the old shit? I don't get it. 2.0 was WAY better than 1.5 but everyone has the wrong attitude going into it. All it is for most of you is the accumulation of money that has no value than in game. It is made for people to create content and their own RPs but instead it turns into people hiding in a fort waiting for someone to come try and take their drugs that they are only keeping to buy a new car. Think outside the box and you don't need anything. A sandbox can be the best RP server you can go to if you just try. It doesn't matter if it is 1.5 or 2.0 or not even OCRP. We are working hard on 2.0, accept what it is and you might find more to do than you thought you could ever do in 1.5. Yes, the wait sucks. I have been waiting for its revival since I put work into getting more players on, but you don't see me in here every day asking for what is taking so long.

It wasn't the players fault that the OCRP2 development board was private so the players couldn't add in their thoughts, or at least through 75% of the development. Maybe if it was public, and people could openely view and put their opinions into the gamemode, then people would be more fond of it. Instead they got a bunch of stuff which they never asked for.

I dont get it cow. You want ocrp 1.5 back rather then have the nice things from ocrp2 and whatever else you guys want added or removed? No. Not happening. That makes about as much sense as politics decisions. Btw ocrp 1.5 died just like 2 did.

OCRP1.5 was dropping in updates because of OCRP2, so of course people got tired of it. Look at HRP, now that it's getting updates people will play it. It's like you are under the assumption that people will be content with one game for years and years. They create squeals and whatnot. The difference here is that no one asked for half of the stuff put into OCRP2, mainly because it was in a private admin only board, then got moved up to SA only and only a few admins (Read my above reply please). Games will build off of what made them successful, which OCRP2 did not. The gameplay was changed, rules, everything was changed. Instead of building off of what made 1.5 sucessful, it's almost like a different game, which no one asked for.

the whole entire point of the thread is people wanting 1.5, not 2. we dont want anything to do with 2, separate servers and all. thats the whole point of this. we dont want to have 2, or anything to do with it, we just want 1.5. we dont want 2 just changed around, thats not even what the thread is about. its about, and only about, having 1.5 as a separate entity from 2. i dont want to make it sound like a dick but im trying to like communicate what im trying to say and yea, so sorry if i do as it's unintentional.

I don't think you understand clearly what has been said.

Rofl does not have a copy of 1.5 that is compatible with GM13, it will be more of a hastle to get the elements of 1.5 switched over and updated rather than working on a base that already works well and fixing it.

I'm just gonna tell everyone now as most of you won't know, I am the one that is going to be behind the OCRP2 overhaul.

I'll closely listen to any suggestions and try get them into the gamemode to a certain extent, I have a fairly big update planned.

I understand 1.5 isn't compatible, and it's also reasonable that it might take awhile for the things in 1.5 to be converted. But the people want 1.5(Read the polls for my proof), you can't really forcibly change their mind. If you plan on making a "fairly big update", I would suggest trying to make it as close as 1.5 as possible.

Exactly what Statua said...
OCRP1.5 died because "It got bored and repetitive. We want something new!". But now that it is gone, and replaced by OCRP2 which is exactly what you wanted at first, you suddenly want OCRP1.5 back? T_T

Like I said about 2 replies up, all games will get boring and repetitive. That's why game company's will make DLC's or make a sequel to the game, which OCRP1.5 was lacking "DLC"/updates because Crap-Head was working on 2 for a long time. No one asked for an entirely different game which OCRP2 seems to be more or less aimed at(I said this above too).

Listen, I'm not against new things, I never said that. But OCRP2 could be named a different game and some people would believe that it's actually an entirely different game. Build off of what made 1.5 successful, not make a new game that revolves around what you want, make it around what the playerbase wants because they are the people that are going to play the game and donate to CG to keep this website and the servers alive. If getting 1.5 back in it's entirely is out the window, then try to make OCRP2 as close as possible to OCRP1.5 and build off of that. Actually look into what made OCRP1.5 good and think how it can be better, not destroy the game, change everything around, and slap on "2". Keep in mind I don't want anyone to think I'm flaming or being rude, as if I am it's completely unintentional. I just say it how it is, and so if anyone took offence to my posts/replies I apologize.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2013, 10:28:27 PM »
I dont think this is going to happen. Waffles already set stevo up with the OCRP2 files. The gamemode is sitting there working fine. Just needs a little bit of work. We're adding whatever the heck you guys want to it. I seriously dont understand why you insist we go to 1.5 It just doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

Everything that was in 1.5 is in 2. If somethings missing, why dont you suggest we add it?

Also abbott, the two versions of runescape are like night and day. The two version of ocrp are very similar. In fact ocrp2 is essentially ocrp1.5 with a bunch of shiny stuff added into it. Putting up the 1.5 server would basically be the same as putting up the 2 server without the shiny new stuff. Nothing much is changed.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 10:32:36 PM by Statua »

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2013, 03:24:10 PM »
might as well lock this since it wont happen despite a majority vote saying yes

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal