Author Topic: OCRP 2011/2012 Edition  (Read 18528 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OCRP 2011/2012 Edition
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2013, 11:15:43 AM »
I'd play again if the aspects from 1.5 came back in another server. I enjoyed that way more than I ever did on 2. And I agree that it should go back to more of a liteRP than a semi-seriousRP. If people want to roleplay, power to them. But the environment OCRP is in just doesn't really fit having to roleplay all the time; drugs, cars, guns, black player models, everyone just wants to get together with their g's, smoke some dope, and shoot each other up, which was discouraged in OCRP2. I just miss the days where the NOVA gang would grow some shrooms and then have no fear of going ham on the people of a different gang who we knew would come steal our mushrooms. But we couldn't do that anymore because it 'broke rp rules' so they'd get the drop on us and kill everyone (very sad day).

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2013, 12:18:18 PM »
dont see why this cant be at least tried, we dont have anything to lose from trying this

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2013, 08:11:31 PM »
dont see why this cant be at least tried, we dont have anything to lose from trying this

maybe they lost the code to 1.5, since there are no really good "official responses"
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2013, 10:50:16 AM »
been about 10-11 days since this was discussed, noticed poll stands at a 3:1 ratio in favor of yes

will this ever see the light of day with at least an attempt to see if it does anything, it doesnt hurt to try after all

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2013, 09:38:59 PM »
I think this would be a good idea, due to several reasons.  Let me explain:

Like most are already saying OCRP2 died because passive rp/serious rp was being enforced.  That was the idea that they were trying to encourage, but most of the playerbase could care less.  The majority want to grow weed most of the time for that easy cash to buy guns, ammo, cars, and etc...

However, in OCRP2 they reduced drug pricing, edited the guns making them harder to get kills with, made rules making it where you couldn't protect your base with a lot of props, kept going against organizations rivaling one another as well as adding other additional rules regarding raiding and mugging.

Most people once they get the cars they want, all they really want to do is chill out with their friends and raid/mug people.  I remember way back when organizations used to rival one another and even though it did cause problems here and there, it did make the game more exciting.

The older versions of OCRP was more lite then OCRP2 and gave more freedom for players who wanted to do all of the above (Raid, mug, make money/grow, rivals).

So I think making a separate server for those who liked the older version better is a good idea.  Like what Teiroku is saying, this isn't a replace OCRP2 thread.  It's kind of how when we had like a separate server for a lite ocrp server, and another for one attempting to encourage seriousrp, but instead it's an older copy of the gamemode itself.

I think it's worth a shot, and of course with the items and such wiped of course so we can work to get everything back.  It's a 50/50 chance that it will stay popular though.  It's up to the players, and maybe we can suggest things we would like to still see in this older version, but without the seriousrp and what not involved in OCRP2.

I just hope that people won't make too much money too quickly and have everything they want already and get bored and leave.  I know before the wipe i had like 42/47 of the cars available and a full organization bank and basically everything and I got bored easily.  The only entertainment I had was to go raiding and mugging with friends/organization members.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:07:21 PM by CrazyNinja »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2013, 10:24:27 PM »
What if we made OCRP2 to exactly what you guys wanted? Throw some ideas out there.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2013, 10:45:51 PM »
We've got plans over the next few weeks/months to make OCRP2 what it should've been. Even if we were to go through with this idea, we don't have a copy of OCRP that is compatible with GM13. I'd rather have the time spent invested in to improving OCRP2.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2013, 07:01:36 AM »
I know this isn't related, I still feel OCRP2's problem was karma adding too much content that people just wouldn't download. It's a shame cause all it takes is 5 seconds of looking on the steam workshop.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2013, 09:48:57 PM »
We've got plans over the next few weeks/months to make OCRP2 what it should've been. Even if we were to go through with this idea, we don't have a copy of OCRP that is compatible with GM13. I'd rather have the time spent invested in to improving OCRP2.

Change over HUD, rules, models, cars, scripts, map, ect that was from OCRP1.5 and put it into ocrp2. The whole point is to not try and make ocrp2 "better", but to bring OCRP1.5 back. If its not compatible with gmod13, then just swap everything that was in 1.5 over to 2 and call it 1.5 Personally, and 18 other people, don't want ocrp2. We want as close as we can possibility get to 1.5, if not then everything in 1.5. "Fixing" 2 won't give what people want, as shown in the poll. Thank you for reading

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2013, 10:12:17 PM »
Because ocrp 2 has a lot of interesting shit in it such as dispatch, smuggling, life alert system. Why would we get rid of it when we can tailor it to what you guys want? It'd be much easier to do then trying to convert OCRP 1.5 and add extra shit to it.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2013, 10:51:38 PM »
Because ocrp 2 has a lot of interesting shit in it such as dispatch, smuggling, life alert system. Why would we get rid of it when we can tailor it to what you guys want? It'd be much easier to do then trying to convert OCRP 1.5 and add extra shit to it.

the whole entire point of the thread is people wanting 1.5, not 2. we dont want anything to do with 2, separate servers and all. thats the whole point of this. we dont want to have 2, or anything to do with it, we just want 1.5. we dont want 2 just changed around, thats not even what the thread is about. its about, and only about, having 1.5 as a separate entity from 2. i dont want to make it sound like a dick but im trying to like communicate what im trying to say and yea, so sorry if i do as it's unintentional.

Offline Kasatka ???

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2013, 04:53:52 AM »
In other words, you guys don't like what the devs worked hared on to make? They go out of their way to make something new and interesting and all you want is the old shit? I don't get it. 2.0 was WAY better than 1.5 but everyone has the wrong attitude going into it. All it is for most of you is the accumulation of money that has no value than in game. It is made for people to create content and their own RPs but instead it turns into people hiding in a fort waiting for someone to come try and take their drugs that they are only keeping to buy a new car. Think outside the box and you don't need anything. A sandbox can be the best RP server you can go to if you just try. It doesn't matter if it is 1.5 or 2.0 or not even OCRP. We are working hard on 2.0, accept what it is and you might find more to do than you thought you could ever do in 1.5. Yes, the wait sucks. I have been waiting for its revival since I put work into getting more players on, but you don't see me in here every day asking for what is taking so long.
Keep it quiet and they won't know what killed them.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2013, 11:05:03 AM »
I dont get it cow. You want ocrp 1.5 back rather then have the nice things from ocrp2 and whatever else you guys want added or removed? No. Not happening. That makes about as much sense as politics decisions. Btw ocrp 1.5 died just like 2 did.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2013, 11:09:24 AM »
Exactly what Statua said...
OCRP1.5 died because "It got bored and repetitive. We want something new!". But now that it is gone, and replaced by OCRP2 which is exactly what you wanted at first, you suddenly want OCRP1.5 back? T_T
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2013, 11:15:44 AM »
the whole entire point of the thread is people wanting 1.5, not 2. we dont want anything to do with 2, separate servers and all. thats the whole point of this. we dont want to have 2, or anything to do with it, we just want 1.5. we dont want 2 just changed around, thats not even what the thread is about. its about, and only about, having 1.5 as a separate entity from 2. i dont want to make it sound like a dick but im trying to like communicate what im trying to say and yea, so sorry if i do as it's unintentional.

I don't think you understand clearly what has been said.

Rofl does not have a copy of 1.5 that is compatible with GM13, it will be more of a hastle to get the elements of 1.5 switched over and updated rather than working on a base that already works well and fixing it.

I'm just gonna tell everyone now as most of you won't know, I am the one that is going to be behind the OCRP2 overhaul.

I'll closely listen to any suggestions and try get them into the gamemode to a certain extent, I have a fairly big update planned.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal