Author Topic: OCRP 2011/2012 Edition  (Read 18319 times)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
OCRP 2011/2012 Edition
« on: October 13, 2013, 10:28:42 AM »
We all know OCRP2 has been dead for a while. I believe the update to 2.0 changed OCRP too much to make it feel like a very different gamemode, coupled with the fact it became semi-serious which doesn't work with OCRP and the rules were too heavily enforced for anyone to have fun.

I suggest what we should do is bring back an old copy of OCRP, possibly around 2011 or 2012 if needed. A developer would need to patch up any exploits that were found after the restored copy and update it to be compatible and working with Garry's Mod 13. Think of it similar to how Jagex did with RuneScape, where they have their latest version but also brought back an old backup of RuneScape from 2007, added their latest anti-cheating systems etc and brought it back live on new servers called 2007scape. For those of us who miss the old OCRP before OCRP2 and preferred it a lot more to the current version, it would bring back some nostalgic times and as long as it is kept LiteRP and just how it was at that time, it might bring back old players, bring some new ones in because lets face it, Serious RP on Gmod is dying and LiteRP is mainly where the playerbase is now (in terms of roleplay on Gmod), and will be a lot of fun again if done right.

Updates to this OCRP version should be kept minimal to essential updates like fixing bugs and patching any exploits discovered. Other updates could be done on a monthly or bimonthly basis (like adding a new car or two into the game etc so people can have something new to strive for).

Going to have a poll running on this so we can see what kind of support we have of this idea and it would be nice if people could add onto this suggestion with anything or criticise if they see any flaws etc. What would people think to having an old copy of OCRP back?

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OCRP 2011/2012 Edition
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 10:36:42 AM »
OR, we could just put regular OCRP back up and release the slew of updates that were never implemented.

Meh. +support anyway.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 10:39:50 AM »
It isn't a "replace OCRP2" suggestion, we could have both servers running simultaneously. The idea came to my mind partially from remembering 2007scape and from the fact we might be using HRP2 with the old harbor map due to issues.

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 11:46:42 AM »
Yes, if we change OCRP to a lite RP, I think it can restored back to its former glory  :D The playerbase in OCRP2 could not at all handle the rules.

+ Support
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 11:48:45 AM by Channy »
ok

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 12:47:11 PM »
Just revert the rules back, fix somethings but keep the content at the same but with less of it!  Good idea, just make sure we have both, I like OCRP2 as it is also.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 12:53:49 PM »
Yeah there are people who prefer OCRP2 still over the old OCRP or who never played the old OCRP gamemode who will still want OCRP2 to get fixes/updates/etc to revive it and make it playable again, but there are also some of us who would love to see the old OCRP return on a seperate server similar to 2007scape hence why I made this suggestion thread. It wouldn't cost anything extra to host it, but it just involves Rofl having to find a developer to work on it, though I don't think it'd take that much effort to patch any known exploits up and modify it to work on Garry's Mod 13, unless we use the backup Crap-Head made which was OCRP1.5 modified for Gmod13.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 03:23:48 PM »
I agree with what Bish said, bring back the OCRP 1.5/OCRP1 rule system, but keep the current content.

That, OR just de-nerf weed and BOOM. Playerbase restored.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 03:27:36 PM by ??BSG???? Strelnikov »
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 04:54:14 PM »
if ocrp 1.5 came back when it was like update 13 or whatever for it then id play it again. same hud(the new hud for ocrp2 looks like shit), same map, same everything.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 05:02:28 PM »
if ocrp 1.5 came back when it was like update 13 or whatever for it then id play it again. same hud(the new hud for ocrp2 looks like shit), same map, same everything.

pretty much what im wanting with my example of 2007scape but with OCRP

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 04:32:22 AM »
As I've mentioned before, I support this. It seems that CG doesn't really like sequels to stuff, so it might be worth a try to see if we can revive the ocrp playerbase by putting up 1.5 or even 1 (no pls)

Remember gmr2? Never got very popular, died out after a few days. We put up GMR1 and that was popular for quite a while.
GMPTR (if you want to call that a sequel idk but its coded by the same person) also went like that.
OCRP2 lasted for a short while and then died, same as the other two.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 04:32:06 PM »
I wonder if anybody else has any opinions or ideas for this.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 04:58:44 PM »
Hit n miss. 1.5 was pretty good but it got old. At least in 2 there were some other things. I'd rather see 2 on the server then 1.5 because of the things in it. Though I would like to see the expensive models such as TDM and big sexy model removed. They just dont work with Gmod.

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 05:08:03 PM »
I'd like to suggest we keep 2 and change the rules a bit. Make them more lenient. I loved the TDM models, I would hate for them to be removed. If they were to be removed, what models would replace them?
ok

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 05:13:32 PM »
I'd like to suggest we keep 2 and change the rules a bit. Make them more lenient. I loved the TDM models, I would hate for them to be removed. If they were to be removed, what models would replace them?

the ones from 1.5

They're not that much different imo

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 05:44:28 PM »
but i dont think people understand even after the numerous times ive said it, this is not to replace OCRP2, its like runescape releasing 2007scape on seperate servers while still running their main game

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal