Author Topic: Multi government channels  (Read 9148 times)

Offline CRG-|Slimchipz

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Multi government channels
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 09:09:10 PM »
If T is for changing channels what are you going to press if you want to talk on the radio?
You use X(default) to talk in the mic. And it would just switch the channels, meaning you can go to the Gov. radio by pressing T, but also decide what gov. channel you want to go to.
Then if im talking to somebody would i have to spam the switching of the channels or turning it on and off ?

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2013, 12:26:00 AM »
Then if im talking to somebody would i have to spam the switching of the channels or turning it on and off ?

Ideally no. You would hit T to get to the desired channel, and then hold your mic button to speak over it. Additionally if a dispatcher is present, they would handle cross channel communication.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline Kasatka ???

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 07:28:22 AM »
I agree, more than one channel is more than useful. It would cut down on the amount of chatter and be more realistic. I can't tell you how many times I sit there waiting for the radio to shut up so I can give out a small citation. Anyways, here is my take one it.

Channel 1: Police (using radio more than everyone combined)
Channel 2: EMS and Fire (lets face it, they don't do much)
Channel 3: Transit Authority and Tow Trucks (not a lot of chatter there)
Channel 4: Miscellaneous (Just an extra channel for cross chatter if needed)
Channel 5: Tac channel (for use by any and all units in a situation such as barricaded suspects or high profile robberies)

Gives you more than enough radio space and should keep people from getting pissed off.
Keep it quiet and they won't know what killed them.

Offline CRG-|Slimchipz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 07:54:21 PM »

Ideally no. You would hit T to get to the desired channel, and then hold your mic button to speak over it. Additionally if a dispatcher is present, they would handle cross channel communication.

So if was to turn it off the radio Then i would press "T" Until i hit the off channel. Plus i like your idea for the dispatchers but wouldn't get annoying if the dispatcher was AFK or Non-Cooperative?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 08:15:22 PM by Slimchipz??¢ »

Offline CRG-|Slimchipz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2013, 04:39:12 PM »
So is this going to be locked and accepted?

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2013, 04:57:17 PM »
Has a dev commented on it? No. Until its decided by a dev if its possible and feasible it remains open.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 09:10:10 PM »
This is needed. The headaches from before. Gah.

Here's my idea on how this should work. There should be 4 channels.

Channel 1: Police
Channel 2: Fire & Ems
Channel 3: Services
Channel 4: Spare 1

All gov jobs can switch between their channel and Spare 1 (so paramedics can join Spare 1 or paramedic. Police cna join spare 1 or police) that way all jobs can talk to each other during big situations or when there's no dispatcher.

Dispatch can switch between all 4 channels as he/she so desires.

If someone from Channel 1 wants to talk to dispatch, they push a "call" button. Dispatch gets a notification on their screen letting them know the person who called and what channel. They go to said channel and listen.

Example, a cop finds an accident with a fire and an unconscious person. Cop pushes call button. Dispatch joins channel and asks the cop what he needs. Cop relays info. Dispatch says ok and dispatches additional units if needed, hops on fire and ems channel, dispatches fire and ems. Dispatch goes to services channel and dispatches a tow truck. Boom, epic rp and simple as pie.

Oh and also, have a little menu for all gov officials showing who's on what channel.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 09:12:55 PM by Statua »

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 05:25:00 AM »
i expect barely anyone will use this so itd be a pointless idea to develop

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 09:58:50 AM »
Use what? Its been an issue forever. Im pretty sure loads of people would at least appreciate not listening to the chaotic cop chase chatter.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 10:21:47 AM »
Use what? Its been an issue forever. Im pretty sure loads of people would at least appreciate not listening to the chaotic cop chase chatter.

how has it been an issue forever, if you are a medic you can listen in on what is happening on the cop chase and if one screams man down you can immediately go to their location (if they provide one) to provide medical assistance

seems really autistic to want to encourage reduced communication between government officials

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 11:03:58 AM »
Its not the issue of hearing whats going on in the chase. Its the issue of not being able to hear any other issues going on. If a cop chase is going on, the channels are flooded with yelling. That makes it hard for anyone not involved to talk to each other.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2013, 02:24:53 PM »
What about simply 2 channels? A default channel and an incident channel. People can freely swap between the two as they so desire.

There would be regulations to where people can only use the incident channel during situations such as cop chases, hostage takings, etc. You may only use the channel if you are involved. If a big situations arises which requires lots of communication, players must utilize the incident channel, given that its not already in use.

They're not rules so you cant get banned. But its just something you're expected to do. Add an admin command to force players to switch channels.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2013, 04:02:51 PM »
i still dont agree with multi channel radios for government jobs, for once most people wont even use it and two you shouldnt have to force people into using it

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2013, 05:34:54 PM »
i still dont agree with multi channel radios for government jobs, for once most people wont even use it and two you shouldnt have to force people into using it
So how should we resolve people flooding radio chatter with their tactics during a raid? Other shit goes on when raids happen.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2013, 05:45:19 PM »
So how should we resolve people flooding radio chatter with their tactics during a raid? Other shit goes on when raids happen.

by doing nothing, i dont recall anyone ever being bothered by it and it certainly never bothered me

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal