Author Topic: Multi government channels  (Read 9141 times)

Offline CRG-|Slimchipz

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Multi government channels
« on: June 02, 2013, 04:25:53 PM »
This will probably solve some problems like if I want to tell my police units their is a car I'm chasing and I don't won't to disturb the other jobs just like the radio. I want to Change channels of with units who talking to. plus it will be more organize then having everybody talk at once in th radio and cause mass confussion. Plus it will be more realistic.

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Multi government channels
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 04:49:16 PM »
This will probably solve some problems like if I want to tell my police units their is a car I'm chasing and I don't won't to disturb the other jobs just like the radio. I want to Change channels of with units who talking to. plus it will be more organize then having everybody talk at once in th radio and cause mass confussion. Plus it will be more realistic.
Me like! Just make it so when you press T, it switch to another channel :)

Offline Saint marcen96

• P.I.M.P
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 04:54:01 PM »
Me like! Just make it so when you press T, it switch to another channel :)

would be realy cool! to turn on/off the radio press "T", to change channels hold the "T" then choose the channels by pressing up/down arrows.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 04:56:13 PM by The Core »

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 05:11:08 PM »
Radio channel would be very cool, and would expand dispatch tremendously. Major +support. This would allow fire, ems, police, bus driver, and towe trucks to operate their own radio nets. Dispatch would have the added responsibility of going in between the channels to relay information during multi agency operations.

On the downside however, I'm not sure how difficult this would be to code.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 05:19:20 PM »
I completely agree, just I only think there should be three channels. One for police, 1 for firemen and paramedics and another for tow truck drivers and bus drivers. SS would count as police I guess.

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 05:37:04 PM »
I completely agree, just I only think there should be three channels. One for police, 1 for firemen and paramedics and another for tow truck drivers and bus drivers. SS would count as police I guess.

For sake of efficiency, I'd say 5. Also, for the sake of ease, the frequencies should be listed in relation to a colooor instead of by number.

For example:
Yellow-1: Police and SS
Yellow-2: EMS
Yellow-3: Fire
Yellow-4: Tow authority & bus drivers (if buses get radios)
Y-TAC: aka Yellow-Tactical, situation command and participation. Ex: The police, ems, and fire involved in a hostage situation.

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 05:55:33 PM »

For sake of efficiency, I'd say 5. Also, for the sake of ease, the frequencies should be listed in relation to a colooor instead of by number.

For example:
Yellow-1: Police and SS
Yellow-2: EMS
Yellow-3: Fire
Yellow-4: Tow authority & bus drivers (if buses get radios)
Y-TAC: aka Yellow-Tactical, situation command and participation. Ex: The police, ems, and fire involved in a hostage situation.
Also make one that is All, means every Gov. could get info here.

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 06:01:52 PM »
Also make one that is All, means every Gov. could get info here.

In my opinion, it would be dispatch's job to change channels and relay information. Obviously, if there is no dispatcher on, one could simply
Change their channel to relay it themselves.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 06:45:59 PM »
Maybe have a simplex channel for informal line-of-sight communication (aka someone down the street that you can see) and use the channels that Brandon mentioned for formal code communication?

Offline CRG-|Slimchipz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 07:13:03 PM »
What I think is to change channels is like press P and it will bring up this module kinda like the phone and you can hold Z to click on with channel you want to go to and maybe change volumes too. But I hope it's not too much scripting.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 07:18:50 PM by Slimchipz??¢ »

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 07:28:10 PM »
Maybe have a simplex channel for informal line-of-sight communication (aka someone down the street that you can see) and use the channels that Brandon mentioned for formal code communication?

The system our department uses, the one I based my other posts on, has that- its called Talk Around.

Yellow-TA, or Yellow-Talk Around, is for small range communication.

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 03:52:18 AM »
What I think is to change channels is like press P and it will bring up this module kinda like the phone and you can hold Z to click on with channel you want to go to and maybe change volumes too. But I hope it's not too much scripting.
Why not make it switch channel by pressing T? Why make it so complicated?
I know the Devs said volume can't be changed tho.

Offline CRG-|Slimchipz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 08:19:56 PM »
If T is for changing channels what are you going to press if you want to talk on the radio?

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 09:34:16 PM »
Amazing idea. Would love to see this implemented.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 08:11:07 AM »
If T is for changing channels what are you going to press if you want to talk on the radio?
You use X(default) to talk in the mic. And it would just switch the channels, meaning you can go to the Gov. radio by pressing T, but also decide what gov. channel you want to go to.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal