Author Topic: Continuing on.  (Read 19958 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Continuing on.
« on: May 27, 2013, 02:10:59 AM »
Hey all. Not going to go to long on this intro part to the thread, but basically rest in peace HL2RP. Had some good memories, and some bad ones. But hey, it was pretty good all in all. Surely won't forget it. Anywho, I feel kinda weird leaving some of my characters just 'there', so I guess here's a thread where people could post what happens from this point on in regards to their characters from now through the events of HL2. Pretty sure their was a thread like this that spoke on after the war, but I kinda want to see what people vision their peeps doing. Pls2admins not take thread down btw  :'(

Jennifer Hanson - Hanson would continue her rather reclusive, nomadic lifestyle she adopted following the events revolving the death of Laurence and his crew, generally sticking around the City 17 outlands area. She would continue surviving in the outlands for many years, along with other hardened veterans of the harsh enviornment. Come time of the arrival of Freeman and the uprising, Hanson would support the cause from outside the city, helping refugees make it out to safety. She would finally fall to Overwatch gunfire covering refugees on their trek to White Forest.

Just an example above. I'll do my other two characters later, but you get the point  ;D

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Continuing on.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 02:42:24 AM »
I'm not very up to date on CG happenings, is hl2rp definitely being dropped, or
o7

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Continuing on.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 06:11:31 AM »
I'm not very up to date on CG happenings, is hl2rp definitely being dropped, or
already was

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Offline connall

• LUA Monkey
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 08:05:41 AM »
I'm not up to date either. Why did it get shut down?

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 08:38:56 AM »
HL2RP is generic, old and overdone. No one has interest in playing it anymore, and even if people did, no one responsible enough has interest in running it at CG.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 09:36:52 AM »
HL2RP is generic, old and overdone. No one has interest in playing it anymore, and even if people did, no one responsible enough has interest in running it at CG.

Did you read our suggestions about the other choices before removing it? At least warn us so we can tell you about what we planned on doing if this kind of shit happens.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 09:44:19 AM »

Did you read our suggestions about the other choices before removing it? At least warn us so we can tell you about what we planned on doing if this kind of shit happens.

Yes, I'd like to know if the other choice is under consideration or not as well. I really want it to happen. And it was original to us, so...

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Slade?´´?´°

• Slafag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 12:09:59 PM »
I honestly don't care what anyone says, but I actually agree with Rofl for once.

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 02:33:23 PM »
Hey dumb dumbs this isn't a thread for arguing about it. Pls2read what it's about thanks come again.

Current Characters:

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 03:06:04 PM »
Bryan Black - Bryan would continue on doing the only thing he lives for till the day he dies. Once he get into his elder years, he'd resign from all of his "positions" and live as an ordinary citizen, dropping all ties with his past friends an enemies.

Charlie Smith - After bringing back reasons to live in the city, just to have his "empire" taken away by some nobody's, he would move back to the outlands like he previously did and continue living out his life to do one thing; Cause terror and spread his anger amongst the inhabitants within the region.

o7
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2013, 03:59:11 PM »
Goodbye HL2RP, those years I played you were some of the most fun RP I have ever been a part of.

Since I have no interest in OCRP or HRP, I'll be off now, if HL2RP does return someday, I may be back.

o7

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1YRWDDQtZY" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1YRWDDQtZY</a>

"Kann dir die Hand nicht geben,
Bleib du im ew'gen Leben
 Mein guter Kamerad....."
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2013, 05:10:25 PM »
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - After a few muggings of CWU workers, along with destroying a scanner, Michael elevated himself to one of the more wanted citizens in the Industrial District, along with a watch status for the rest of City 17. Michael would move from his rather solitary lifestyle in the Industrial district to a more social one, joining up with a few of his buddies from the ETA in the more populated portions of the city. Through his contacts with the ETA, Michael would become more and more involved with the Resistance movement, acting mainly as a runner for his earlier days in the group. While he wouldn't rise to any significant leadership positions, Michael would proudly participate in the uprising, assisting in carrying out a number of bombings on various Union targets for the movement. He'd escape from the city on one of the last trains out, along with other refugees. Not to long after that, he would travel to City 21, formerly known as Madrid, to assist in the growing worldwide uprising. Acting as a leader figure there, Michael would be killed by an Overwatch sniper while overseeing an assault on the City's Nexus, one that would free the city.

Current Characters:

Former HL2RP-Characters:

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 05:45:48 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypNgvc6c6Cc" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypNgvc6c6Cc</a>

Merriam DeSanto's body was left by the C11 CPs to rot outside the sewer maintenance station where they gunned her down. Later, a startup anticitizen gang unceremoniously dumped her bones into a nearby sewer canal, where they were left to drift with the putrid current and be scattered.

Vok'sha'slu eventually returned to the C45 outer canal runoff zone to live in his old home - the canal access building, where Leonard Wong had made the Alliance base so long ago. He lived from day-to-day, helping refugees passing through and hunting the occasional antlion and headcrab for sustenance. One morning, Vok was caught in the open by a Combine hunter-chopper and killed. His death was mourned by the local Resistance and he was given a proper burial with full honors.

Max Mundie became a small-time steroid distributor operating out of the C17 slums. He was stabbed in the gut by an unruly customer and slowly succumbed to his wounds.

Sid Pleasants was driven to drink as an escape from the tedious monotony of daily life in the city. He descended into alcoholism, drinking himself into a stupor every evening in his Union Civil Housing apartment. Pleasants quietly passed away in his bathtub one night and his body was only discovered several days later, after he failed to appear for a routine precinct Civil Inspection.

Devin Serrano traveled the outlands as a wanderer for the rest of his life, making countless friends and enemies along the way. While cruising through the Ineu river valley on an airboat, Serrano and his buddies were ambushed by Overwatch soldiers on the banks. In the ensuing panic, Serrano was knocked overboard and drowned upon being hit by a stray pulse round.

Alongside his companion and comrade 602, Lucas Nakajima (509) rose once again through the ranks of the C17 Civil Authority. As the years trickled by, he became increasingly bitter and disillusioned about his work and about himself as a whole. Nakajima deserted and lived a simple and secluded life in the Ineu outlands, dying as an old man alone but at peace.

o7 CG hl2rp you were my first gmod rp community
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 05:39:18 AM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 05:05:30 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8AzduZjCYw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8AzduZjCYw</a>

Snoops
Had a lot of fun with this guy, honestly was funnest when I was starting off with Grandpa and my Latino homies. Shit started getting serious and I made the mistake of trying to kill someone who litterally dodged everything I threw at them.  Snoops was my first unorthodox character and helped me grow as an RPer. Broken English and excessive violence, until I started gaining notority, I had to tone  it down. Snoops was my favourite character on CG, portraying how I feel a juvenile delinquent would act if he made it to this time frame, slowly gaining his own attitude and gimmicks.
Snoops would probably end up feeling remorse for his actions, if he was not gripping the schizophrenia pills given by a close friend, riding the train to god knows where, anywhere but this city. Maybe he can relive his beginnings or when the conflict began, the possibilities are endless.

Hulio Gensen
Dirty work, basically a rat, probably my most PK heavy char other than Grigor, I mugged two recruits, killed one and killed a Combine informant. Always donning a bandana and a bad attitude. Basically made to fill the void of Snoops.
Hulio Gensen would be continuing his cycle, running the bar and doing work, until the CCA begins to clamp down, who knows when.

Edwin made a fucking robot that I never got to play and I had a tonne of CCA shit, was my only char that didn't use violence to get his way and was extremely submissive. Frustrating but rewarding character.
Edwin would continue to operate in the confines of his base, working for leisure and only coming out for food, accompanied by Ruckus and Tekel, an easy life.

Tyrell Henderson
Tyrell would lose his ties due to the death of his associates, dumping his weaponry, blending into society, maybe he could return to City 7 one day, though it is light years away with just a train system.

Grigor Mariya
The only character I got serious in the Outlands with, I could of had more fun if  I took more risks.
Grigor would be apprehended by his enemies of his faction, being executed by someone he may have thought as an ally.
shouts out to

'Grandpa'
'Luco' and Laurence
willem motherfucking wajabi
slater
fixer
Tekel
the s2 crew (sometimes)

for making my rp more enjoyable, if we actually got new players and didnt kill off most rebels with no remorse we'd still be around
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 05:22:27 AM by yAK »

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 06:14:37 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_DVS_303kQ" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_DVS_303kQ</a>

Angus Buchanan (one of my favourite characters from the start of Outlands, kept him through to the end) started his trading business up in the City 45 Outlands once more, hoping to find his trading partner K. Williams again. He disbanded it and became a traveler of the Outlands, eventually dying of alcoholic liver disease due to his extremely excessive drinking. He lived into his 60s.

Pierre Grosvenor (another old character, a black CWU character so I didn't have any white shirt model. I miss those countless times of getting mistaken for a citizen) was finally permitted entry back to City 17 to join James Tavener's CWU once more after pleading and reminiscing about the old times to the City 45 CWU director. He lived life as luxuriously as his CWU wages and double rations would allow, just going along with the Combine occupation. He died in a terribly unfortunate industrial accident following usage of one of Tavener's crazy cleaning contraptions.

Hakan Korkut (my first and only CA, back when nobody told us what to do and there was no organisation at all. Eventually I just gave him up because it admins would noclip up to you and tell you to do a speech about ten times a minute) was attacked by multiple anti-citizens on his visit to City 43. This resulted in the death of two CCA officers and multiple citizens. Hakan stepped out in public and insulted most of the surrounding citizens, almost getting killed again. He was assigned a desk job after his various hiccups at being a City Administrator. He continued to be somewhat of a cranky arsehole to his coworkers and his superiors. He eventually passed away, 'falling' down the stairs and breaking his back at the ripe old age of 91. His coworkers held a celebration with some smuggled contraband wine and cake.

Sesmo Iridimo/whatever his digits were (another old character seeing as how they were my best ones) was transferred to City 11. His monotonous guard duty each day opened his eyes to how oppressive the Combine actually are. During the first - but what would not be the last - large scale rebellious act the city has seen, Sesmo joined sides with the citizens and fought with them. He was shot seconds into the assault on the Nexus, which had formerly been Potala Palace. Following the quick crushing of the rebellion, Sesmo's corpse was hung from the Nexus walls as a message to all who dare turn their backs on the Combine.

o7 CG HL2RP, first and only HL2RP I've ever played seriously
so long and thanks for all the fish fun and good friends we've all made

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal