Author Topic: Phobias  (Read 13765 times)

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Phobias
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2013, 04:00:49 PM »
I've never understood the fear of bees myself, as I actually have an avid interest apiculture and want to raise bees and shit. Never been afraid of them.

Merinthophobia- Fear of being bound or tied up.

Hadephobia- Fear of hell.

Batophobia- Fear of heights or being close to high buildings.

And I hate being lost, it makes me feel sick and I can't stand it.

Merinthophobia? Your picture suggests otherwise. Probably because I missed the context of it.

As for Hadephobia... **WARNING: This is going to be a little painful for Catholics/ect** But I am a firm believer that there is no such thing. And therefore you have no reason to fear it.

That's based around trust, and the knowledge I can get out if I ever need to.

I'm a straight-up atheist but I went through a phase of deep-reflection over the last year, teetering on the edge of self-destruction, so naturally I pondered hell a lot. The idea of it is terrifying.

IF anything, I only have one phobia, and this of hell. The others stem from a real cause and/or are logical.
have a nice day :)

Offline ThatJesus

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 05:18:51 PM »

**Sorry dutch people, this is real. i have this***DUTCHPHOBIA - FEAR OF DUTCH PEOPLE (this happened when I got drivin over by a Dutch man. The man was drunk. I drove on my bicycle and this car comes smashing into my bicycle, the first thing he says: "Is the car alright?"

PHOBOPHOBIA - THE FEAR OF DEVELOPING A PHOBIA :)

HEXAKOSIOIHEXEKONTAHEXAPHOBIA - FEAR OF THE NUMBER "666"

PHRONEMOPHOBIA - FEAR OF THINKING (...I THINK I KNOW A FEW PEOPLE WITH THIS)

These are all real... And I hate number 2.
War is like a ice cream. It gets eaten. But you can always buy a new one
.. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./.

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 06:02:37 PM »
Arachnophobia – fear of spiders
A big one too. Started when I was about five or six, and my cousin threw my teddy bear into the near by bushes of their back yard. They live in a really shitty place, and I went to grab it because I loved it. As soon as I was looking around for it I couldn't find it, and looked over the fence. I instantly came eye to eye with a huge spider. I nearly shat myself there, and ran off. Never found the teddy that day, and my parents went to look for it but didn't find it o7. But yeah coming eye to eye with the spider scared the shit out of me as it was huge. It might have been my imagination or something of the sort but I hate spiders. I get worried, and nervous even thinking about them.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 06:40:35 PM »
Sucks for you guys that are afraid of bees n spiders. I remember I use to pinch bees in a certain way that if they tried to sting me, it would just hit my finger nail so I wouldn't get hurt. I'd then torture them and shit just for fun. It was a lot of fun  8)
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline ur mom bob

• Mofag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 07:11:11 PM »
Sucks for you guys that are afraid of bees n spiders. I remember I use to pinch bees in a certain way that if they tried to sting me, it would just hit my finger nail so I wouldn't get hurt. I'd then torture them and shit just for fun. It was a lot of fun  8)

You are a sick person.

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2013, 08:20:59 PM »

You are a sick person.

That's sadistic, please get a constructive hobby please. Also phobias plz.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 10:40:45 PM »
Sucks for you guys that are afraid of bees n spiders. I remember I use to pinch bees in a certain way that if they tried to sting me, it would just hit my finger nail so I wouldn't get hurt. I'd then torture them and shit just for fun. It was a lot of fun 

You know there's actually a term for that, that trends in serial killers. Most serial killers torture animals as a kid/teen, before moving onto a serial killer. They call it acceleration. (Learned that from a book I read a while back called "Acceleration" It's a good read.) Just putting that one out there.

Not saying you're going to be a serial killer, just thought someone might care to know.

Lol, that's funny because my friends say that I'm going to grow up and become a serial killer.

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2013, 10:48:56 PM »
Sucks for you guys that are afraid of bees n spiders. I remember I use to pinch bees in a certain way that if they tried to sting me, it would just hit my finger nail so I wouldn't get hurt. I'd then torture them and shit just for fun. It was a lot of fun 

You know there's actually a term for that, that trends in serial killers. Most serial killers torture animals as a kid/teen, before moving onto a serial killer. They call it acceleration. (Learned that from a book I read a while back called "Acceleration" It's a good read.) Just putting that one out there.

Not saying you're going to be a serial killer, just thought someone might care to know.

Lol, that's funny because my friends say that I'm going to grow up and become a serial killer.

Sociopaths don't tend to be serial killers, they tend to be one time violent offenders if anything. Sociopaths generally have anger problems and lack the subtlety to actually pull off multiple murders before being aprehended. So you're more likely to be a rapist or assault someone Cow, so don't worry.

Not that any of this has anything to do with phobias.
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2013, 11:26:43 PM »

Sociopaths don't tend to be serial killers, they tend to be one time violent offenders if anything. Sociopaths generally have anger problems and lack the subtlety to actually pull off multiple murders before being aprehended. So you're more likely to be a rapist or assault someone Cow, so don't worry.

Not that any of this has anything to do with phobias.

I already do that; getting into fights with people at school haha

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2013, 12:11:42 AM »
Hemophobia- Fear of blood.

Yes coming from one of the most active medical units.

Holy shit, that is like the prime example of irony right there,

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2013, 01:51:37 AM »
Wow you guys are weird with your phobias what a bunch of wimps AHAHAHHA
Nah, just kidding. I swear, being scared of some things are so irrational. I think I'm afraid of the dark, or just being afraid of the unknown. Sometimes when it's dark in my house, I have to rush to my room and get under my covers. I'll be telling myself "now, that's so irrational, there are no monsters" while at the same time I'm like "can't get in my house, I go to my room and a force field goes up, I get in my bed and they are all sent to Canada, and my covers mean they're all dead forever." It makes no sense, but my brain goes through that anytime. And it only happens at night. If its 12 or 1 am, I'm fine. I guess cause I consider that morning and not night.

Also, when I was little I couldn't touch the floor of my room because I was scared the skeleton living under my bed would grab my ankles and pull me under. That meant that I used my foot to open far away drawers and I jumped out of my room and ran every time I wanted to leave it. Damn skeleton.

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2013, 03:59:49 AM »
Nah, just kidding. I swear, being scared of some things are so irrational. I think I'm afraid of the dark, or just being afraid of the unknown. Sometimes when it's dark in my house, I have to rush to my room and get under my covers. I'll be telling myself "now, that's so irrational, there are no monsters" while at the same time I'm like "can't get in my house, I go to my room and a force field goes up, I get in my bed and they are all sent to Canada, and my covers mean they're all dead forever." It makes no sense, but my brain goes through that anytime. And it only happens at night. If its 12 or 1 am, I'm fine. I guess cause I consider that morning and not night.

Also, when I was little I couldn't touch the floor of my room because I was scared the skeleton living under my bed would grab my ankles and pull me under. That meant that I used my foot to open far away drawers and I jumped out of my room and ran every time I wanted to leave it. Damn skeleton.
Damn I had the same thing was I was little too...I still hate the dark a bit. I believe it's not a fear of monsters really. Saying it's monsters is just a simple way of saying it's something other than what I think it is. I think it's mostly for the fact that you know there is nothing out there it's complete logic. It's mostly of what /could/ happen. One night I woke up at about 3AM in my room hearing growling under the bead. Wasn't my imagination because I thought it was, and stood up. As soon as I stood up my feet got slashed with about 4 paws of my two cats having a mexican stand off at my feet.  Scared the shit out of me. Okay with it now.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2013, 04:02:22 AM »

Damn I had the same thing was I was little too...I still hate the dark a bit. I believe it's not a fear of monsters really. Saying it's monsters is just a simple way of saying it other than what I think it is. I think it's mostly for the fact that you know there is nothing out there it's complete logic. It's mostly of what /could/ happen. One night I woke up at about 3AM in my room hearing growling under the bead. Wasn't my imagination because I thought it was, and stood up. As soon as I stood up my feet got slashed with about 4 paws of my two cats having a mexican stand off at my feet.  Scared the shit out of me. Okay with it now.

I had problems like that too, but I just told myself if there was something that I'd beat the shit outta it, so eventually I just got over it. Find ways to just trick your mind, that's what I did.

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 09:44:37 PM »
I have a phobia living in a Totalitarian state, I don't know what its called though.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2013, 11:22:25 AM »
I've never had a fear of the dark, I've always found it comforting compared to blaring light. I also have photosensitive eyes, which is probably one of the reasons why; nothing I hate more than being blinded.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal