Author Topic: OCRP - character description  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Shriio

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
OCRP - character description
« on: April 30, 2013, 12:16:00 PM »
What about a character description?
The police can't meta-game to get the persons name. So it's hard to warrant/describe a person that your looking for ect.
You could look at his cloth, but maybe you could make a description about your face, or if your young or old?

I was thinking the way just like HL2RP.
Cerwin Vega AL 1000 x2, NAD Compact Disc Player C 521, NAD Digital Preamplifier 118, NAD Stereo Power Amplifier 128 THX

Offline Meatwad

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OCRP - character description
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 04:17:30 PM »
I like the description, if it could be like HL2RP where you have to press F2 to recognize someone it'd be nice. But make it so it cost money to change your description (plastic surgery). And everytime you change your description people have to recognize you again (F2) unless they're in your org.

Offline SeraphRakov

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 04:46:53 PM »
+support, this would cut down on meta so much. But should the knowledge reset (except for org) on death? That is how NLR is phrased. Also , gov't officials (excluding secret service, I guess? kind of ruins the secret) should always have their name above their heads, as they should be carrying nametags or be well known like the mayor.

Offline Shriio

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 10:35:30 AM »
I like the description, if it could be like HL2RP where you have to press F2 to recognize someone it'd be nice. But make it so it cost money to change your description (plastic surgery). And everytime you change your description people have to recognize you again (F2) unless they're in your org.

Plastic surgery, haha sweet. That's a great idea.
Cerwin Vega AL 1000 x2, NAD Compact Disc Player C 521, NAD Digital Preamplifier 118, NAD Stereo Power Amplifier 128 THX

Offline MOOcow

• MOO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 04:58:24 PM »
To be honest, I like the idea of this, but I don't think it will work on the current OCRP. OCRP is too disorderly (probably not the best word to use here).
I think it would just cause frustration, especially if you are trying to report the player to an admin.

I think the reason it works in HL2RP is because it is a bit slower, and rule-breakers stand out more.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 07:35:22 PM »
I'd like to see it added but not have it replace the name. Just have it to enhance the rp

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 11:10:25 AM »
It's a cool idea, but it'll never work. Reporting players would be a huge issue, and OCRP2 is semi serious, not serious.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal