Author Topic: Automated batch crafting  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Automated batch crafting
« on: April 28, 2013, 11:56:21 PM »
Don't we all find it annoying when you have to craft a shitload of the same item over and over and over again?
Well, this suggestion came to me after thinking of Guild Wars 2.
Basically, whenever you want to craft an item, you could fill in an amount to craft in a menu that pops up when you click on the item from your F3 menu.
Then the system starts to craft the items 1 by 1, and the amount goes back from what you filled in to 0. And when it reaches 0, it closes the menu again and you are done crafting.

Maybe you could also make the bar go faster if you craft a lot of items at the same time, so that it doesn't take an hour to craft 100 fences. Or something like that.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline ReconPWN??????

• Reconfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Automated batch crafting
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 12:09:37 AM »
Don't we all find it annoying when you have to craft a shitload of the same item over and over and over again?
Well, this suggestion came to me after thinking of Guild Wars 2.
Basically, whenever you want to craft an item, you could fill in an amount to craft in a menu that pops up when you click on the item from your F3 menu.
Then the system starts to craft the items 1 by 1, and the amount goes back from what you filled in to 0. And when it reaches 0, it closes the menu again and you are done crafting.

Maybe you could also make the bar go faster if you craft a lot of items at the same time, so that it doesn't take an hour to craft 100 fences. Or something like that.

I agree this would be much help but as for the slow crafting time that would be the point of an advanced crafting book which decreases your crafting time. But in my opinion isn't worth a skill point.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 08:15:31 AM »
What happens if I'm attacked half-way through crafting 10 pots?

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 09:08:12 AM »
use a while function and have an attack (being moved away) break the while and the crafting operation. so instead of it running crafting continuous, it would run crafting for an individual item x number of times through a loop.

aka something like this
while numItems < wanted and interrupted == false then craftitem numItems++ end
if ply.isAttacked then interrupted = true end

Offline Hoplite

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 12:20:54 PM »
coroutines?

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 01:17:13 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot the advanced crafting book.
That brings me on an idea, to only have this system with advanced crafting? Which means that basic crafting, you can only craft one at a time. And with advanced crafting, it is faster and you can craft more at a time.

And for when you get moved/attacked etc. Simply add a cancel button to change the queue'd items to craft to 0, so it closes the menu straight away?
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline ?«SG.Sup?? | Sir.Scottx125

• Gondorian Royal Tower Guard
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 10:20:17 PM »
IMO this is not needed, the demand of ammo and weapons does not require "automated batch production", this also allows other crafters to have a chance to make a profit when you run out of items to sell which helps the economy flow.

-support

Offline MOOcow

• MOO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 01:11:59 PM »
OCRP as a whole isn't really made to be convenient and time-saving. I don't think this is needed.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal