Author Topic: Remove custom skins for CCA under the rank of OFC  (Read 4637 times)

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
Remove custom skins for CCA under the rank of OFC
« on: April 24, 2013, 12:35:20 PM »
There is no reason for 02's and lower to have custom skins. It actually takes away from the feeling of the game, at least for me. The point of uniforms are to be uniform. Why would low ranking CCA be as distinguished in their appearances as high ranking officers? It defeats the point of the anonymous despotic enforcers assimilated into the greater Combine, losing their individuality. That is why they surrender their names for numbers.

It's annoying to see CCA standing around with each one having their own color of neon lights flashing off their masks. It's lame, too.

Edit: I'm fine with 01's having the trench coat look, but NOT individual differences between the trench coat model..

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Remove custom skins for CCA under the rank of OFC
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 12:39:46 PM »
Because they're different sectors in the CCA; the uniform helps to distinguish between S2/S3 for example.
have a nice day :)

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 12:54:31 PM »
I see I see. And I can understand why it would be a good idea on paper, but in my opinion it distorts the point of the CCA having uniforms. The low player count is not helping as you will see two or three CCA standing around with each having different neon lights glowing from their masks. It looks ridiculous, frankly. The faceless skull gas masks that were identical were much more intimidating. No identity, just a well trained tool of the Combine. The loss of their humanity.

Offline ReDrUm?´´?´°

• RedFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 05:24:02 PM »
I agree with the fact that they should be changed. I feel like that them having separate uniforms makes sense though. 1. Look at American military (Only using America because I'm American and know most about our military compared to others.) Each branch and (Uh, not sure of the word... sub-branch?) have their own uniform because it signifies they're different specialties and is better equipped for his or her job. For example, giving a pilot the uniform of a foot soldier wouldn't make sense or vise versa, because each's uniforms meet their own needs. Now in various combat situations and operations uniforms are similar for the sake of camouflage and (Assuming this part) avoiding friendly fire, but they are still at the least slightly different, and the CCA doesn't really face these specific issues. Unless they are fighting in the desert (Which they wouldn't be unless they were under extremely rare circumstance in which I'd assume things would change) camouflage isn't much of a factor. Friendly fire isn't much of an issue either because they're uniforms differ so much from who they'd be facing.

Now I know what you're thinking. "But why are they these florescent gay paradesque neon colors". For that, I couldn't agree more. Half the uniforms break canon 100% in my opinion. I said this same thing a long time ago when the server was down due to the GMod 13 transition (The last post on this page if you're curious) but people just kind of took it as me being funny rather than a serious point.

Anyways, to sum it up, each section SHOULD have their own uniform for the sake of easy identification for their specialty (I.E. Oh no, I broke my leg. Wait a second, there's a unit with a big red cross on his chest, he must be a medical unit that can help me), and so they are better equipped for their job (I don't know if anyone's gotten into the specifics of what each uniform includes, but I'd assume medical uniforms include extra pockets and pouches for medical supplies, Logistics uniforms would include places to hold basic tools, and S3 uniforms would have extra pockets for field items such as zipties). Lastly I think it sort of holds an OOC purpose for helping new players understand (And possibly get them interested in joining) the CCA, because I know before I got my unit, all of the C45.SHIELD/NOVA/APEX/JURY/GRID/VICE/ZEALOT/UNIFORM/S1/S2/S3/S4S/S4L.RCT/05/04/03/02/01/EU/OfC/DvL/CmD/SeC.283 mumbo jumbo confused the fuck out of me.

But yes, they should be changed to more "serious" models rather than these "cool" models we currently have.

C45.CCA.S4-OfC.280 | HEALTHY | Head of Section 4 Support
Rokus Relici | UNKNOWN | Standard P3 Criminal Scum
Kaylin Jacobs | HEALTHY | Accepted into the CWU

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 05:26:50 PM »
Ya know what? I totally agree. I think the models should be very similar to each other, but with small distinguishing factors (red cross on an armband for medics perhaps?). Stuff like that. I love your ideas though. I appreciate the response.

Offline Phoenix

• Unit 701
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 06:00:44 PM »
I honestly like the way the models are at the moment. Though I do think S3 should change their models back to the Urban Camo unit. S4L does have an engineer like look to them and S3S has the sort of Medical look to them just without the cross. Recruits have the regular uniform so they can be recognized as recruits. All of the Sections have their own uniforms to be distinguished and not just to look cool.

I DO think though that the models are a bit too flashy.

IMO we should just change the Section Three Uniform back to the Camo uniform and leave the other ones the way they are. Unless the S4S Uniform got a Cross, that could be changed too. The Section Three one I feel is like the only one that is really flashy. Section Two is extremely glowey on the mask though and I feel that could be changed.

tl:dr make uniforms less flashy like S3 has the old Camo urban uniform instead of deep red super glowey eyes.
A minute after I told Rofl about this combo of VC's

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 06:58:47 PM »
I honestly like the way the models are at the moment. Though I do think S3 should change their models back to the Urban Camo unit. S4L does have an engineer like look to them and S3S has the sort of Medical look to them just without the cross. Recruits have the regular uniform so they can be recognized as recruits. All of the Sections have their own uniforms to be distinguished and not just to look cool.

I DO think though that the models are a bit too flashy.

IMO we should just change the Section Three Uniform back to the Camo uniform and leave the other ones the way they are. Unless the S4S Uniform got a Cross, that could be changed too. The Section Three one I feel is like the only one that is really flashy. Section Two is extremely glowey on the mask though and I feel that could be changed.

tl:dr make uniforms less flashy like S3 has the old Camo urban uniform instead of deep red super glowey eyes.

The S3 model choice serves a separate purpose. I personally did like Urban Camo, but the reason I went with redice was because of another reason. But yeah, I did like the uniformed uniforms.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline ur mom bob

• Mofag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 01:27:39 AM »
Should just make it so they all have the same uniform and just have the sector symbol on them. I know there are no models like that, but it shouldn't be to hard to add it or something.

Offline Emory.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 06:15:48 AM »
Yeah That red cp model does not look to good urban camo would be badass and without the glowy lights
Emory.

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 02:10:15 PM »
Should just make it so they all have the same uniform and just have the sector symbol on them. I know there are no models like that, but it shouldn't be to hard to add it or something.

This is optimal imo.
I don't like the idea of Urba camo. The CCA spend their time suppressing malnourished citizens. I think it would look out of place.

Offline Phoenix

• Unit 701
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 05:29:43 PM »

This is optimal imo.
I don't like the idea of Urba camo. The CCA spend their time suppressing malnourished citizens. I think it would look out of place.

Section Three specializes in maintaining Sociostability and also takes out operations that require an elite team of people to take down an anti-citizen. The Urban Camo would fit perfectly with that mind set, not with the glowy dark red kevlar.  The CCA isn't ALL about suppressing malnourished citizens.
A minute after I told Rofl about this combo of VC's

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 12:10:49 PM »
Yes but how often will urban camo CCA units be utilized? The server is in an anemic state currently with its amount of players. What will most likely happen is more units awkwardly standing around the plaza with uniforms that don't match the rest of their compatriots.

Hell, I'd be OK with urban camo going to an elite special tasks group made of a small amount of players. But something I would not like to see is more dilution of standardized uniforms in the plaza. It just look awkward.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal