Author Topic: Half Life 2 Roleplay - PreRelease Information  (Read 44275 times)

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Half Life 2 Roleplay - PreRelease Information
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2012, 06:31:53 PM »
Keep the CCA models the same for the most part like they were before, there is already a lot of stuff people need to DL when they join for the first time, so why add more? If anything, more citizen models should be added, so we don't have a bunch of male_07's running around. In the end, don't add on unneeded stuff.

I actually like the skin separation that's being brought in here, but more citizen models is kinda meh. If you think about it, if we did get more citizen models, they'd probably just be male_07 but with different clothes. Same shit.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 06:40:48 PM by Sexy Frog »

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Emory.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2012, 06:45:37 PM »
 I want new faces pretty faces lol
Emory.

Offline FanaticWarren

• ElitistFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2012, 07:59:36 PM »
I'd rather the OfC selection instead of the TrO selection. Unless they switch it to the one i mentioned earlier

System Specs
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core processor @ 4.6 ghz
RAM: AMD Radeon™ RP1866 Performance Series 16GB
PSU: Ultra X4 750W
GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked + PNY GTX 550 TI for physx core

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2012, 08:00:06 PM »
What will happen if the characters won't transfer? I would assume take a picture of the list of characters re issuing all of them as much as a pain that would be.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline ur mom bob

• Mofag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2012, 08:07:36 PM »
I don't think re issuing cca characters would be an issue. Citizens, don't think they would be an issue either unless they had a weapon or something. Just another problem is their attributes or w.e they are called, but still I don't think to many people would bitch about that.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2012, 08:10:31 PM »
Why so focused on "omg unique model 4 every cca rank"

Firstly, it's going to look really silly, non-uniform, and non-coherent when there's five officers online, each with a different model
Lastly, there are just... so many more important things that could be figured out instead. I've heard a lot of people mention more features for citizens/resistance. I think that would be a great path to begin walking down.
o7

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2012, 08:50:45 PM »
I've heard a lot of people mention more features for citizens/resistance. I think that would be a great path to begin walking down.

There's plenty of stuff in the new version of the map that I just released which should cater for most types of resistance and citizen RP. What other features would you suggest?

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2012, 08:51:07 PM »
yeah we really don't need any more models then we had. the reason HL2RP did so good, at least a good part was you could join within 5 minutes. models don't add to roleplay at all and take up a fuckton of space
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2012, 09:13:59 PM »
I've heard a lot of people mention more features for citizens/resistance. I think that would be a great path to begin walking down.

There's plenty of stuff in the new version of the map that I just released which should cater for most types of resistance and citizen RP. What other features would you suggest?

That's a really good start, and I do mean that. From reading the changelog you posted, it looks like citizen/rebel characters will have a lot of new areas to interact in.

With regard to other features... I have some ideas and general concepts to toss around, but to be honest I'm feeling pretty lazy about typing them up formally on here. Would you like to discuss them on steam, skype, or somewhere else?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 09:22:34 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2012, 10:39:57 PM »
Custom models are pretty dumb. It should just be RCT to 01 are all the same and OfC, DvL, SeC and CmD have their own set of models. That's how it used to be. Not only that but most of the custom models that are available are pretty ugly.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2012, 10:46:04 PM »
yeah we really don't need any more models then we had. the reason HL2RP did so good, at least a good part was you could join within 5 minutes. models don't add to roleplay at all and take up a fuckton of space

Base clockwork is being talked about as having the Metropolice v5 anyway. Just utilizing it, plus with the workshop it makes it simple. Subscribe and go.

I don't get why TrO would have a different model from EU. They're the exact same rank pretty much just with different priorities.
They actually are different.

Gordon Freeman Model - Please no, it's just silly and makes people DL more stuff.

Keep the CCA models the same for the most part like they were before, there is already a lot of stuff people need to DL when they join for the first time, so why add more? If anything, more citizen models should be added, so we don't have a bunch of male_07's running around. In the end, don't add on unneeded stuff.

It's not required to download, it's just on the server.

As for citizens? I'm looking into a few things.

I think the model chosen for the Officer looks disgusting and the GRID model extremely out of place (I know the top hat won't be there). The idea of custom models sounded good but after looking through the spreadsheet the CCA as a whole would look no where near as uniform as it used to. I don't care too much for appearances and little symbols on the sides or chest of units would be fine but this pack as a whole looks too diverse and colorful.

That's my two cents, I'll still play with or without the new model pack.

It actually looks decent with the overall look. As for GRID, it may change once its up and running, same with the officer model.

Why so focused on "omg unique model 4 every cca rank"

Firstly, it's going to look really silly, non-uniform, and non-coherent when there's five officers online, each with a different model
Lastly, there are just... so many more important things that could be figured out instead. I've heard a lot of people mention more features for citizens/resistance. I think that would be a great path to begin walking down.

These models were actually implemented a while ago, just never had the chance due to GM13. As for resistance and citizens? It's being worked on as I've said.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2012, 11:43:34 PM »
I'm sorry if this is offensive or whatever, but with all those models selected, if they all went patrolling together it would look like a gay rights parade.

You never know, the City 45 CCA could secretely be a gay rights activist group....

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2012, 11:56:20 PM »
I'm sorry if this is offensive or whatever, but with all those models selected, if they all went patrolling together it would look like a gay rights parade.

I died. xD

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2012, 12:02:41 AM »

I died. xD

You know honestly this.

CCA is supposed to be uniform and clean.

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2012, 12:47:52 AM »

I died. xD

You know honestly this.

CCA is supposed to be uniform and clean.
I can understand the CCA having two custom skins, but really? In HL2 you only saw one outfit, and the reason for that is that they're all faceless unrecognizable creatures that you don't know if they're fully human or machine, not to mention it makes the higher ranks stick out more which would lead people to avoid them/assassinate them.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal