Author Topic: My Dog  (Read 13382 times)

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: My Dog
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2013, 09:53:08 AM »
There's a difference between socking an animal in the nose hard and a whack to get it to stop acting aggressive.

Yes there is. The difference being you've rephrased the same sentence to have the same meaning. Just generally even hitting a dog can mess them up mentally, which you gotta avoid at all costs, because then it's gonna act up more and you wouldn't be none the wiser, so you'd carry on "whack"ing this dog until it can't handle it anymore.

But I do appreciate the attempt to make me look like an abusive cunt. One gold star for you.

This just sounds like when people say "You made me look stupid." In the end, what YOU have said has made the impact.

EDIT: If it's really out of line, just get a trainer, or if too expensive, take some tips from trainers which avoids whacking the animal at all. You can't go from A to Z without going to B, C, D etc.

A lot of training decisions need to be made based on what type of dog it is and at what age you get it. If you have a calm and passive dog like a golden retriever, or most small dogs (excluding ones like the chiwawa) it is really easy to establish dominance without any physical action, and a lot of times they will just assume you are in charge because you provide food and are much bigger. Then you have dogs like labs and such where a trainer can help you train them properly or if you know a lot about dogs and they can normally be trained without physical violence, as long as you either got it as a puppy or it was well trained by its former owner. But then you have the dogs like German Sheppards. I have yet to meet a German Sheppard that was well trained with an owner who refused to hit the dog. German Sheppards are often loyal to their owner, especially if you get  trainer to help you build the bond, but if you want any control over what the dog does to people besides the owner, getting physical is really your only option.

I don't know about punching it in the nose, the only time I've hit a dog in the nose is when it was attacking me in my neighborhood because his owner was terrible. I've never hit the dogs I've had, but my uncle and grandfather had to hit theirs, my uncle because he had a viscious dog that had been abused, and my grandfather because he had a German Sheppard. The only two ways I know that they got physical with their dog was one grabbing its head and forcing it to look at them while they verbally disciplined it, or smacking it roughly, on the back or side if the problem wasn't hostile, or on the side of the head if the dog was aggressive and needed a good smack.

Abusing animals is wrong, but most dogs that need it use violence when in the wild to establish dominance so if you refuse to use any they will always consider you below them and only listen to you when it suits them, or not at all.
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 11:19:39 AM »
I will say this straight up, to teach a dog, you can consult all the methods in the world but the one sure fire one I know works is the same method you use on unruly children.

Beat their mother fucking asses into the ground until they get it. (I am exaggerating.)

Now, mind you, not to the extent of nearly killing them. That is way too far. But what I mean is, when they do something bad, hit them over the head a few times. Not enough to give them a concussion or anything but so they get it. If it growls at you, punch the bitch in her nose and tell her 'No!' so that way she associates hostility and being a mongoloid with pain.

That may sound cruel, but it works. You need to teach it respect. It's an animal, thus it will work off animalistic instincts of establishing dominance. If you don't assert yourself, you are percieved as beta (no joke intended) and that animal will take advantage of you. As with children.

Is that how you would treat your wife or your children? If so, I wish you and them luck. Just make sure you've saved enough in case you need to pay child support in the future.

That's some horrible advice.

Then clearly you and I were raised in different homes and in different parts of the country or world. Because being raised in a Hispanic family, you are quite familiar with la chancla(sandals) and el sinto(belts). Also, this is popular and widely used practice among many, if not all where I am from. I believe it builds character. However, if you establish from the beginning that you are in command, hitting anyone is not necessary. Don't get me wrong, I love animals. I love my animals, I have several animals but you know what? Say what you will, my dogs don't act up.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYviBsqwwzE" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYviBsqwwzE</a>

And yes, because I am disciplining an animal by other means than tapping it on the nose and saying 'Don't do that sweetie~' I am automatically a woman beater. Okay. Pro-logic 2k13.

So because you're Hispanic, you think it's right to punch your pets and/or children or wife in the nose as a form of discipline? There's many other ways of discipline, and hitting with force is not the most effective.

I for one was never hit as a child. However, I still have fear in my dad at times when necessary, even though he's never laid his hands on me. I was still disciplined as much as you were, but more verbally than physically.

That's your prerogative and you are entitled to it. And I never said I punch woman or children in the nose. Don't put words in my mouth, please. I'm not going to argue with you over up bringings. You make it seem like I would beat an animal senseless. There's a difference between socking an animal in the nose hard and a whack to get it to stop acting aggressive. You can stick to your methods of dispilining an animal and I stick to mine. As far as I have seen, the methods I've used are very effective and fast acting. I have not the means of money nor patience to take it to a trainer for weeks.

But I do appreciate the attempt to make me look like an abusive cunt. One gold star for you.

Putting words in your mouth? You said "punch the bitch" and "same method you use on unruly children." That definitely shows that you would in theory do the same to your family.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 11:28:42 AM »
I will say this straight up, to teach a dog, you can consult all the methods in the world but the one sure fire one I know works is the same method you use on unruly children.

Beat their mother fucking asses into the ground until they get it. (I am exaggerating.)

Now, mind you, not to the extent of nearly killing them. That is way too far. But what I mean is, when they do something bad, hit them over the head a few times. Not enough to give them a concussion or anything but so they get it. If it growls at you, punch the bitch in her nose and tell her 'No!' so that way she associates hostility and being a mongoloid with pain.

That may sound cruel, but it works. You need to teach it respect. It's an animal, thus it will work off animalistic instincts of establishing dominance. If you don't assert yourself, you are percieved as beta (no joke intended) and that animal will take advantage of you. As with children.

Is that how you would treat your wife or your children? If so, I wish you and them luck. Just make sure you've saved enough in case you need to pay child support in the future.

Then clearly you and I were raised in different homes and in different parts of the country or world. Because being raised in a Hispanic family, you are quite familiar with la chancla(sandals) and el sinto(belts). Also, this is popular and widely used practice among many, if not all where I am from. I believe it builds character. However, if you establish from the beginning that you are in command, hitting anyone is not necessary. Don't get me wrong, I love animals. I love my animals, I have several animals but you know what? Say what you will, my dogs don't act up.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYviBsqwwzE" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYviBsqwwzE</a>

And yes, because I am disciplining an animal by other means than tapping it on the nose and saying 'Don't do that sweetie~' I am automatically a woman beater. Okay. Pro-logic 2k13.

So because you're Hispanic, you think it's right to punch your pets and/or children or wife in the nose as a form of discipline? There's many other ways of discipline, and hitting with force is not the most effective.

I for one was never hit as a child. However, I still have fear in my dad at times when necessary, even though he's never laid his hands on me. I was still disciplined as much as you were, but more verbally than physically.

That's your prerogative and you are entitled to it. And I never said I punch woman or children in the nose. Don't put words in my mouth, please. I'm not going to argue with you over up bringings. You make it seem like I would beat an animal senseless. There's a difference between socking an animal in the nose hard and a whack to get it to stop acting aggressive. You can stick to your methods of dispilining an animal and I stick to mine. As far as I have seen, the methods I've used are very effective and fast acting. I have not the means of money nor patience to take it to a trainer for weeks.

Putting words in your mouth? You said "punch the bitch" and "same method you use on unruly children." That definitely shows that you would in theory do the same to your family.

Okay. I did state in the same post, that there was exaggeration but sure.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 11:38:28 AM »
Dogs aren't like humans. In the wild, being physical with a dog is natural. Most dogs will listen if you just yell at them, but some dogs you have to assert your dominance. If my dog does something really bad that he knows he's not suppose to do, I'll lightly smack him on the side of his head. It's not enough to hurt him, but it's enough that he knows it isn't me being nice to him. My other family members aren't really physical with him, but my dog misbehaves less when he's around me. He's less likely to run away when I take him outside without a leash. I'm also the one who goes to retrieve him when he runs away from anyone else, so I think he knows I'm the dominant one in the relationship. You need to love and cherish your dog, but don't spoil it.

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 11:39:03 AM »

Okay. I did state in the same post, that there was exaggeration but sure.

Uhm...

Guys, wasn't there like, an issue we're supposed to be talking about other than Sexy Frog's stance on physical deterrents?

OT: While I'm not a pet person, even I know that if you get the urge to nearly kill your dog, you may want to get help.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline DrunkGarry

• DRUNKGARRY, OCRP PLAYER
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 03:39:19 PM »
Best wishes ;(

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 11:53:07 AM »
Well, she's been trained right after we got her, and I have noticed a lot of improvement with her, but she still gets snarly and wants to bite our hands off when she doesn't get her way.

As for almost killing her, I think I have a bit too many anger issues, and I have a therapist, but god damn I beat her so hard I left a bruise. I feel like a horrible person now.
To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 12:43:20 PM »
Well, she's been trained right after we got her, and I have noticed a lot of improvement with her, but she still gets snarly and wants to bite our hands off when she doesn't get her way.

As for almost killing her, I think I have a bit too many anger issues, and I have a therapist, but god damn I beat her so hard I left a bruise. I feel like a horrible person now.

Christ on a bike. I don't think you should own a dog...

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2013, 12:46:57 PM »
Sometimes I hit my dog, I wouldn't classify it as 'hitting', a tap or a push to with a deep voiced shout or such.
Dogs have a pack mentality, so you have to enforce being the pack leader through many ways, and some alpha males use a bit of biting which obviously I won't do, the occasional tap with others ways is fine IMO
what

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2013, 09:26:50 PM »
Time to call the dog whisperer... lol.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2013, 10:49:18 PM »
I'm not sure why people say they have anger issues, they might as well just say "I'm a human". What you need is a job, and the dog... eh, the simple thing is to get rid of it. Get a dog later in life.

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 07:36:52 AM »
I'm not sure why people say they have anger issues

Well, I was medically diagnosed by my psychiatrist with having anger management problems (there's a better scientific term, don't know it) and I get more angry than most people. This is no excuse, just me having so much anger and not knowing how to control it, but it controls me and I can't think.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 04:45:39 PM »

Well, I was medically diagnosed by my psychiatrist with having anger management problems (there's a better scientific term, don't know it) and I get more angry than most people. This is no excuse, just me having so much anger and not knowing how to control it, but it controls me and I can't think.
Umm, that would be called HSP(Highly Sensitive Person) Kavooy has it I think. And when it comes down to it its always mind over mater.

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2013, 10:22:32 AM »

Umm, that would be called HSP(Highly Sensitive Person) Kavooy has it I think. And when it comes down to it its always mind over mater.

It is medically referred to as anger management. It is psychological, like all mental problems... So, yes, it is in your head...

But controlling it isn't easy, it's not just like "Brain, stop" it happens too fast. So please anyone who says anger management isn't real or is ridiculous and not actually a issue, please know what you're saying before you post.

My dog is a bitch, she deserves to be beaten. She almost bit off my fucking finger.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2013, 10:54:24 AM »
No animal deserves to be beaten. If you feel that way, get help. End of story.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal