Author Topic: Trivvy  (Read 6152 times)

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Trivvy
« on: June 06, 2011, 03:59:23 PM »
Yes, hello. Some of you may recognize me, most shall not. For those of you who do not know me, i've been around TnB, Shh, Eximius, DE. And a few others.

Now with the pleasantries out of the way let's get down to the nitty gritty.

Points addressed here are mainly about HL2RP

• No grav/phys and no prop spawning - Seriously? Big turn off as soon as you join. You want to prevent minges, simply ban them if they abuse phys. Make doors non-physable. Put on a prop limit for regular users. Block the use of certain props.
  • If Otis is a problem, just ban him instead of whining about it.
  • The latest version of c45_catalyst is not in the downloads section, I had to get it off Adam S.
  • Admins and high ranking people in the community, get up and interact with regular users. Test them for good RP ability and then include them in something to make them feel immersed. Right now being a citizen is boring to shit.

I hope this hasn't gotten me on the wrong foot with a few people, i'm simply giving some honest feedback. You should see me on the hl2rp server as Jack Simon.

Oh yes, I also have a Youtube Channel

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Trivvy
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 04:18:49 PM »
Oh behalf of the Mayor of CatalystGaming, Welcome to our wonderful little world.

Please check out our minecraft server! We have gmod servers but the guy who spam posts them is not online atm.

Minecraft: 64.31.39.5:25565

If you are unsure about our rules on the minecraft server please look here:
Minecraft: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?board=48.0

We hope you have a wonderful time at CatalystGaming.

Best wishes,
Mayor Adam West

Trolololololololo

Offline Katsu

• #1 KotL picker
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 04:59:14 PM »
HI TRIV

Offline Torre

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 05:27:27 PM »
Hi. One question. Why did you start bitching about stuff the moment you got here? I'm not trying to start an argument or flame you, but when you start saying shit like that the moment you join a community, none is going to care. Just sayin'
And that you don't have ep flags when you join, is a pretty good way to prevent it from being abused.. If you don't have the money to donate that's too bad :/
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 05:32:03 PM by Torre »
You ain't seen my power.

Offline GeneralTrivium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 02:46:22 AM »
What better way to receieve criticism than from the person who just walked in through the door? Because think about it, it is those very people you are trying to appeal to. You want to get good people through that door, and for them to stay so that the quality and diversity of RP can be increased.

Having to donate for basic RP rights? I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. There are simple rules that can be put in place to deter people from abusing such basic rights. It's up to the admin team to make sure such rights are not being abused.

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 02:53:10 AM »
Welcome to CG! Enjoy your stay!

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 03:20:08 AM »
On behalf of the Catalyst Gaming Administration team id like to welcome you to Catalyst Gaming.

If you are unsure about some of the server IPs, here is a list of all the GMod Servers:

Harbor RP: 96.127.138.130:27015
GMod Racer: 96.127.138.130:27045
Half Life 2 RP: 96.127.138.130:27035
Orange Cosmos RP: 96.127.138.130:27025
Deathrun: Coming Soon
FortWars: Coming Soon

Please make sure to check out all of the rules here at CG:
Orange Cosmos RP: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=981.0
Half Life 2 RP: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=495.0
Deathrun: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=1489.0
Harbor RP: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=249.0
GMod Racer: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=566.0
Forum: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0

We hope you will enjoy your stay here at Catalyst Gaming and we are looking forward to see you ingame!
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Torre

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 08:40:36 AM »
What better way to receieve criticism than from the person who just walked in through the door? Because think about it, it is those very people you are trying to appeal to. You want to get good people through that door, and for them to stay so that the quality and diversity of RP can be increased.

Having to donate for basic RP rights? I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. There are simple rules that can be put in place to deter people from abusing such basic rights. It's up to the admin team to make sure such rights are not being abused.
They should be ablw to take criticism, yes, but it's not a good first impression.

We all know that you don't need items it weapons and such to RP. Why do you need ep flags then? I think doanting is okay.
You ain't seen my power.

Offline GeneralTrivium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 09:10:00 AM »
If constructive criticism is not counted as a good impression then I don't know what is. Unless you'd rather new players just bugger off without giving you a whiff of why they did.

Weapons, I have not mentioned weapons once. I am talking about prop spawning and access to a phys gun.

Props, yes, they are a big help in RP as certain props can represent pieces which add to the immersion. None of the apartments have beds, I would spawn myself one, but you cannot. If a character is messy, they cannot represent that characteristic by the state of their apartment because they cannot spawn anything. It's rather difficult to passively RP if you cannot spawn the odd prop to interact yourself with. I could happily sit at my apartment window with a mug in my hand watching the city go by to occupy the time. Too bad I can't spawn a simple mug prop.

Not to mention, you could probably reduce a lot of server strain if you removed all the non-essential props from the map and just let people spawn those which are needed themselves.

This ties in with the phys gun because trying to manipulate a prop with hands is a pain. It simply floats about in front of your face, revolving slowly.

Donations are fine, but I think you've lost the meaning of "donation". "Donating" to receive basic priviledges you should spawn with in the first place isn't "donating". What's next? Oh you can't use the chat box? Donate here?

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 09:12:23 AM by GeneralTrivium »

Offline Journeyman H. [UK]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 04:56:08 PM »
GeneralTrivium, even though we welcome you to the community, the first thing you do in an introduction
thread; Is criticise, then point out that you were in x communities, then speak as if you know everything.

An introduction on this thread; is simply an introduction, we want to know about you, not how the community''s policy should change. If you want to make a criticism over a certain gamemode, then go to the right part of the forums.
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?board=65.0

Remember, every community has their own policy as well, which you need to respect that as well.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 04:58:00 PM by Journeyman H. [UK] »
Clearly racist.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 05:01:05 PM »
Welcome to CG.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline GeneralTrivium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 07:04:25 AM »
GeneralTrivium, even though we welcome you to the community, the first thing you do in an introduction
thread; Is criticise, then point out that you were in x communities, then speak as if you know everything.

An introduction on this thread; is simply an introduction, we want to know about you, not how the community''s policy should change. If you want to make a criticism over a certain gamemode, then go to the right part of the forums.
x

Remember, every community has their own policy as well, which you need to respect that as well.

I am a blunt individual. I tell things like I see them. I'm not going to pretty up what I say to make you feel better, a lot of time is wasted that way. True, I could have perhaps left it for a different section. But hey, why not cut to the chase? This isn't the governing of a country where everything takes years to change. Problems here can be dealt with with the click of a few mices and a quick word with a few people.

Unfortunately most communities fail in this respect because people like the status quo and would rather choose to ignore the issues instead of dealing with them.

Although I do apologize for my rather brash behaviour (at least, that is what you see it as), I do not take anything back. Just remember that I am simply being honest.

If that isn't an introduction, I don't know what is.

HI TRIV

HI KAT :3
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 07:07:12 AM by GeneralTrivium »

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 07:21:58 AM »

x

I am a blunt individual. I tell things like I see them. I'm not going to pretty up what I say to make you feel better, a lot of time is wasted that way. True, I could have perhaps left it for a different section. But hey, why not cut to the chase? This isn't the governing of a country where everything takes years to change. Problems here can be dealt with with the click of a few mices and a quick word with a few people.

Unfortunately most communities fail in this respect because people like the status quo and would rather choose to ignore the issues instead of dealing with them.

Although I do apologize for my rather brash behaviour (at least, that is what you see it as), I do not take anything back. Just remember that I am simply being honest.

If that isn't an introduction, I don't know what is.

HI TRIV

HI KAT :3
The problem is, your wrong on 3 of the 4 things you said so it made you look like an idiot upon entering this community.

No grav/phys and no prop spawning - Seriously? Big turn off as soon as you join. You want to prevent minges, simply ban them if they abuse phys. Make doors non-physable. Put on a prop limit for regular users. Block the use of certain props.

You don't need a phys gun to roleplay, plus it's very simple for you to apply on the forums. There is a reason for everything, just remember that. We have to deal with a lot of shit in this community so forcing a player to come on the forums to make a post usually weed's out a good 90% of the minges who want to simple go on the server and start killing everything they see. Like said, it's SIMPLE to apply for a physgun and toolgun
If Otis is a problem, just ban him instead of whining about it.

Otis isn't a problem. Where did you see whining?

The latest version of c45_catalyst is not in the downloads section, I had to get it off Adam S.

Small, put it in suggestions.

Admins and high ranking people in the community, get up and interact with regular users. Test them for good RP ability and then include them in something to make them feel immersed. Right now being a citizen is boring to shit.

You have only been in this community for a couple of days. You don't have the experience to say this.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 07:26:26 AM by Bobby »

Offline GeneralTrivium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 07:50:03 AM »
The problem is, your wrong on 3 of the 4 things you said so it made you look like an idiot upon entering this community.

No grav/phys and no prop spawning - Seriously? Big turn off as soon as you join. You want to prevent minges, simply ban them if they abuse phys. Make doors non-physable. Put on a prop limit for regular users. Block the use of certain props.

You don't need a phys gun to roleplay, plus it's very simple for you to apply on the forums. There is a reason for everything, just remember that. We have to deal with a lot of shit in this community so forcing a player to come on the forums to make a post usually weed's out a good 90% of the minges who want to simple go on the server and start killing everything they see. Like said, it's SIMPLE to apply for a physgun and toolgun
If Otis is a problem, just ban him instead of whining about it.

Otis isn't a problem. Where did you see whining?

The latest version of c45_catalyst is not in the downloads section, I had to get it off Adam S.

Small, put it in suggestions.

Admins and high ranking people in the community, get up and interact with regular users. Test them for good RP ability and then include them in something to make them feel immersed. Right now being a citizen is boring to shit.

You have only been in this community for a couple of days. You don't have the experience to say this.

Not all new players are minges. It's also SIMPLE to ban minges on the spot. So please, don't give me that excuse, there are other communities that do not have any problems by having the player spawn with basic priviledges.

The shout box, and word from a certain VIP. That's why I said IF.

May as well have added it to the list whilst I was at it.

If you have to be in the community for longer than a "few days" to find good RP then you're doing something wrong. If you want to appeal to new users who are entering the server, you need to give them an incentive to stay. Unless the good RP is confined to the "elite" groups who all shut themselves up in one room with each other and refuse to RP with anyone else apart from other "elite" groups. (Which is seen all too often.)

You have clearly missed the entire point of my post. I am giving criticism from the eyes of a new player.
You get new players to stay, they then become potential donators. Which means more revenue to further improve services.

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 12:06:57 PM »
Welcome to CG hope you enjoy your stay! ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal