Author Topic: Jack "Padfoot" Corino's Authorization Application  (Read 6292 times)

Offline feedonswords

• fakken goat m8
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jack "Padfoot" Corino's Authorization Application
« on: April 05, 2013, 03:35:55 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: The Doctor
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 5 years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: About 2 Years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
A Jalopy, or a Jeep, but could this possibly have 2 seats? If not, just read the extra names.

Name: Jack "Padfoot" Corino
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
As Jack "Padfoot" Corino and Eric Kumalic traveled through the land of Ineu Valley, somewhere in Romania, they became bored, but they trudged on, because they knew they needed food, and some kind of self defense for these lands, as they knew of bandits. After a long while walking, they walked up a slope with a stone road, and saw a yard, it was almost like a swamp, but only 5 CM deep. They soon came to realize that it was some kind of yard for broken down cars, they read the sign and saw it was called 'Pante Auto Distrugator' *Is that how you spell it?*, and decided to camp there for a while, as they could use materials from the broken cars to keep alive. ( This was ICly at the Slopes Autowrecker )

After 1 day of camping, Jack came to realize that he could make a vehicle, albeit very rudimentary, it would still be a vehicle, he soon went inside and told Eric, and was met with a response of delight, so he set to work on the vehicle. He spent the first day getting the memory of learning car mechanics back, but this was long ago, before the 7 Hour War, when he had been an apprentice car mechanic and designer for a start up company with his friends, that Eric had founded, he had designed a working car once and was convinced that he could do it again, so when he was satisfied that he could remember how they work, he set to find good parts for the vehicle.

The first thing that he got were parts to make an engine, this was one of the harder parts as they had to fit together, but he miraculously found the parts that needed to have fittings match the most, so he had a very rudimentary and messy working engine, he also found a fuel tank which was a good size for the vehicle.

The next thing he worked on was the axle and the drive system, he found some axles and other thing like wheels with tires intact, so he fitted them together, and put them aside so he could make the steering for the front axle. It was very hard for him to get the steering right, as he had to find power steering fluid as most of the steering was power steering, but he managed to find a 2 liter bottle of it which was half full, which would be enough for the small vehicle, he soon got steering working and put it onto the main axles and he then had a basic rolling thing with an engine on it, he put a steering wheel onto the pole coming out from the steering system, and he thought he had done pretty well in 3 days.

The next day, he had to make a chassis and the seats, he found 2 seats in alright condition, although torn and most of the stuffing was gone, he wouldn't find much better, and he knew that, so he went to find some poles to fit together to make a very basic chassis just to stop him being crushed if it rolled over, but it took a long 2 days to find all the parts for it. The next day, he assembled the parts together and he had a working vehicle! Although it was rather slow as it had no gearbox, and reversing the drive to get into reverse was a pain, he was happy with what he had done, and went to get Eric.

Eric went outside with him and he was very delighted with the vehicle he saw.. but then their faces fell, they had no fuel! They went back in despair, but realized that Eric had told him of a shiny metal object on the road which he had saw when he was exploring the days while Jack was building, so they journeyed there a found a fuel can with about 1.5 liters, but it leaked, so they got back quickly but they only had 1 liter left, they filled the car up, and tried it, and it worked, although a bit smoky in the exhaust which went out the side, as they didn't have a long enough pipe, it worked, so they packed their things and tied it to the chassis, and drove away, the car was quite good and went along at a nice speed of about 25 Kilometres Per Hour, and they were happy with their creation, as Eric drove the car, he saw Jack sleeping in his seat, as he worked long and hard to get their creation to work, and he thanked him for it, and as they drove off to scavenge, they saw a box on the side of the road, and it was half filled with Chinese Takeout, and Eric was smiling. He drove to find shelter to live in for a while and park the car. The End.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Ability to do more PassiveRP, travel quicker, make scavenging easier, and make Outlands a more enjoyable place.

Defects
I would need to RP getting fuel and things that can go wrong, like a punctured tire, or a broken chassis from a rock, or it being shot and repairing, or even it being stolen by rebels.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Make RP better, become better at scavenging, possibly become a rebel, help players, and just more PassiveRP to do other than chilling in a house and the occasional scavenging.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No Life (Eric Kumalic, 33)

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
hurdurr
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 09:10:03 AM by The Doctor »
Goats can fly if you eat a blue sandwich with swiss cheese.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jack "Padfoot" Corino's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 03:52:44 AM »
I don't think you should have a jalopy compared to work Fixer put into his after writing a small amount of paragraphs.
I also noticed recently your charphysdesc had "Glad to be out of city|" in your desc and I cannot vouch for your RP.
Also, what you're doing is 'so yeah he needed a engine so he just eventually found on scavenging, but it was messy'
what, do you even have knowledge on how  to create this  engine?  How did you do it?
Everything is way too convenient, 'oh wow no fuel' 'brb walk away from my camp' 'a jerry can with 2 fucking litres on the floor sweet'
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 03:54:55 AM by Yak »

Offline feedonswords

• fakken goat m8
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 03:58:20 AM »

The first thing that he got were parts to make an engine, this was one of the harder parts as they had to fit together, but he miraculously found the parts that needed to have fittings match the most, so he had a very rudimentary and messy working engine, he also found a fuel tank which was a good size for the vehicle.

Facepalm, I did not just find an engine.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 04:32:51 AM »

Facepalm, I did not just find an engine.
"The first thing that he got were parts to make an engine, this was one of the harder parts as they had to fit together, but he miraculously found the parts that needed to have fittings match the most, so he had a very rudimentary and messy working engine, he also found a fuel tank which was a good size for the vehicle."
That's just finding random engine parts with no detail
don't facepalm  me when your app is complete dog shit and I'm giving you constructive criticism

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 05:23:47 AM »
You cannot be trusted with this.
First of all, your backstory was terrible and makes me want to cry.
Second - you're doing shit like this which really proves you're not a good roleplayer.

Why do I say you're not a good roleplayer? Oh, that's because you powergame cybering with people in front of units. You have next to no experience roleplaying and you would not be able to handle such a hefty authorization.

Offline feedonswords

• fakken goat m8
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 05:30:47 AM »
Second - you're doing shit like this which really proves you're not a good roleplayer.

Why do I say you're not a good roleplayer? Oh, that's because you powergame cybering with people in front of units. You have next to no experience roleplaying and you would not be able to handle such a hefty authorization.
So, what the hell are you talking about exactly?
I did not do what was in that picture, I did not powergame cybering in front of units, I mean... who would be that retarded?

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 05:39:41 AM »

I did not do what was in that picture, I did not powergame cybering in front of units, I mean... who would be that retarded?

The same person who did this
'WE HAVE TO FINDT HE  REBEL BASE'

Offline hogs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 05:43:47 AM »

this is as good as it gets people

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpugp6DIb3I" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpugp6DIb3I</a>

didn't you?

Offline feedonswords

• fakken goat m8
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 05:57:25 AM »
dear gerd who did that.

Offline hogs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 05:58:44 AM »
dear gerd who did that.

You, don't cover it up.

Offline feedonswords

• fakken goat m8
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 06:00:25 AM »
Any proof?

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 06:00:57 AM »

Offline Naim?

• hello
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 06:10:45 AM »
I'm Eric Kumalic, and I'd like to point out that I don't remember this ever actually happening. I just remember we searched for supplies, and left the place.

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 06:24:47 AM »
Your grammar and sentence structure is very lacking. Reading the app felt like I was riding on a horse; it kept adding things with commas and going on and on. If you replaced most of the commas with period or semicolons, it would probably look better.

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 07:26:09 AM »
As Yak said, I put months of IC work into my vehicle, you just want a quick advantage.
May I also point out that to auth a car you have to get approval from Kronic or Roflwaffle? And I bet you haven't. If you havem please feel free to prove me wrong.
As of now, maaaajor -support on my end.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal