Author Topic: 'Speedy Gonzales''s Authorization Application  (Read 2794 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
'Speedy Gonzales''s Authorization Application
« on: March 28, 2013, 02:20:31 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Lone Wanderer
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Five years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Two and a half years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
*Fast headcrab, nicknamed 'Speedy Gonzales'

Name: 'Speedy Gonzales'
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
A terrified squeak emitted from the dark carrier as two men rushed through the alleyway, chuckling slightly as they did so. It was getting dark, and the pair stopped, entering a building with whatever they had caught inside the carrier. As they entered the building, the walked through, heading up a set of stairs past confused and curious sets of eyes. They were denied the right to know completely, however, of what was squeaking and thrashing about inside the carrier, as the two men entered a room, shutting the door behind them.

“Dude, we finally caught one of em’!” one of the males said, extending out a fist towards his partner. His friend accepted the clear offer for a fistbump, nodding his head in agreement for their success.

“I didn’t think it’d be possible without killin’ it!” the other male said, bending down to peer inside the cage through the door. As he did so, the creature inside thrashed against the door with a hiss, causing the man to jerk back in surprise and stumble backwards onto his rear. His friend broke out in laughter, leaning back in his chair as he slapped his knee. The man on the ground brushed his legs, pulling himself up from the table.

“It scared the hell outta’ me, okay? Those things are dangerous!” he said, trying to justify his fall.

“Dude, it totally owned you!” his friend said, standing up from his chair. He walked over to the counter, yanking out a towel from a basket near the wall. He walked over to the cage, putting a hand on the latch, “Whaddya’ say we let it out for a bit, eh?” he said, a smirk across his face.

The other man shook his head, “No no no, that thing’s freakin’ fast! Don’t let it out man!” he said, taking a few steps back from the table. The other man slowly began to lift the latch, saying, “Chicken, you probably couldn’t even catch it anyways because you’re a /fat ass/.”

The male walking away from the table stopped dead in his tracks, a look of seriousness upon his face, “I am not a fat ass! I could snatch that little critter up with ease!” he exclaimed, tilting his chin up. The male at the latch smirked widely, lifting up the latch the rest of the way as he tosses a towel to his friend, jumping away from the cage. As the door slowly flung open, a tan body the size of a dinner plate jumped out from the entrance with a squeak, rushing towards the doorway. The pair began to freak out, running around the kitchen as the creature scattered around the floor, clearly in shock.

“Don’t let it get outside!!” one of the men shouted, pointing at the open doorway. The other man rushed over to it, slamming the door shut as the creature sped towards it. The creature stopped midway through its travel, turning around, running for the table.  It skittered underneath, pressing itself against the dark, shaded region the legs provided.

“Good God, that things’ like a lightning bolt!” the man near the doorway said, looking at the spot the creature fled into, ‘What should we name it?”

The other man paused for a moment, tapping his foot along the ground. After a few moments of thought, his eyes bulged open, looking over to his friend, “Speedy Gonzales, man!”

His friend laughed, nodding in agreement. “Most excellent choice for a name!” he said as he slowly crept towards the table. He flipped out the towel, holding it in front of his face as he crouched down to the underside of the table. As he did so, the creature jumped out with a hiss, ramming right into the towel. The man wrapped it around the thrashing, hissing body, pulling it up to the table.  As he did so, the other man pulled out a small, crude knife, walking over to the table as well.

“Alright, time to /give/ it a name!” the man with a knife said as he chuckled. The other man slowly opened up the towel, quickly placing his hands along the thrashing body. With it now being still, it was easy to see that it was a leaner version of a standard headcrab, but also of a slightly darker shade of tan.  It had much longer and defined legs then a normal one would, and a rounder main body. As the one male held the frightened headcrab, the man with a knife began to trace out lines in the air above the top of the headcrab’s main body. After a few moments, he pressed down into the flesh of the creature, a loud series of hisses and squeaks to follow. As he continued to carve along the flesh, the headcrab thrashed with greater intensity, but to no avail. After a good three minutes, the man’s knife and the table were stained with yellow blood. The words ‘Speedy Gonzales’ could be made out along the bloodied flesh as the headcrab squeaked in pain.

As the pair chuckled, a sudden crash came from the doorway. A vocoded shout said, “On the floor, now!” The pair pivoted around, dropping the towel and knife as they placed their hands up behind their heads. The new figure, clearly a unit, trained his weapon on the men, motioning them towards the wall. Another unit entered, scanning the room for a moment before giving a slight yelp of surprise as he saw the bloodied figure skittering across the table towards an open window.

“Exogen making a break for the window!” he shouted as he discharged a few rounds from his pistol in the direction of the creature. The headcrab sped across the wooden table, pouncing off with relative speed. It slid onto the countertop, narrowly avoiding the bullets fired from the unit near the doorway as it leaped for the window, barely clearing the opening. The headcrab fell down the side of the building about a story, crashing into a bush. It squeaked as it hit the leaves and twigs, slowly pushing its way out. It looked around quickly, skittering across the ground towards a sewer entrance as shouting from inside the building grew closer to the outside.  As it reached the entrance, a unit figure busted out from the entrance, locking its gaze on the fleeing headcrab. It quickly pushed its way through a gap in the metal bars, hissing as bullets slammed into the concrete.  As the unit approached, however, the headcrab dropped through the grate, landing feet first on the ground, skittering away into the darkness. After a few minutes of continued running, the headcrab stopped, crouching closely to the ground as it squeaked and squeaked, resting in the darkness of the sewers….

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
*Ability to roleplay as a headcrab.
*Faster than default headcrabs.
*Difficult to spot, as it's small and fast.

Defects
*Easily identifiable by the carving on it's top.
*Somewhat afraid of humans, especially of one's with knives.
*Confined to darker spaces (IE: sewers, alleyways, dumpsters?) to avoid large groups of people.
*Is a headcrab, so basically everyone hates it.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to explore a bit of new roleplay, as I've never gotten the chance to roleplay as a non-human character on the server. HeadcrabRP can get interesting, at least from the human side of things. I don't plan on being on this character all the time, more as to occasionally create some fearRP when dealing with some citizens, or provoking something via spotting a headcrab wandering through the sewers or shadier parts of the city.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
None.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
N/A

Edit #1: Fixed the age/gender.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 'Speedy Gonzales''s Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 04:45:27 AM »
Is it debeaked?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 01:50:31 PM »
Is it debeaked?

No, it's not debeaked. Only thing different about it from other fast headcrabs is the carving of the name on its back.

Current Characters:

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 11:57:39 AM »
Interesting read, although I just want to know how the two men caught the fast headcrab.

Yet, i've seen your RP and its pretty good.

So i'll throw in a +Support

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 06:36:10 AM »
I don't remember headcrabs having eyes so except the "as it landed in the bush with a squeak, it looked around", I'd say it was good.

I just want to know how the two men caught the fast headcrab.

Please answer  ::)

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 10:00:00 AM »
Ah, sorry. Meant to respond to Kronos' post earlier, but I never got around to it apparently. On my phone atm, but I'll fix the problem once I get home from school today.

Current Characters:

Former HL2RP-Characters:

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 04:17:42 PM »
Going to retract this application. I just don't have the time to use this character effectively, nor am I really dedicated to it, at least to the point where I'm motivated to actually develop/finish an auth app for it. If an admin wants to go ahead and move this to denied, that be cool.

Current Characters:

Former HL2RP-Characters:

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 05:09:44 PM »
Moved to Denied as per request of OP.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal