Author Topic: (event sugestion) Elevated railway crash in Industrial city 17  (Read 3100 times)

Offline Lemmingmaster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I was playing during a blackout event and I thought since the power was out wont the elevated railways traffic lights be off and a collision could happen. So this is the idea a glitch in the traffic lights happens and two trains collide due to errors and a certain section of the railway is destroyed with locomotives and rolling stock flipped over and twisted on the street. that is the basic idea but for more things i came up with for this citizens trapped in the wreckage or maybe a rail car carrying hazerdous chemicals is leaking or the streets gets blocked. this is my first suggestion so feel free to suggest more things that you will think that this idea could have sorry if this breaks any rules but i doubt it becuase i read them.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: (event sugestion) Elevated railway crash in Industrial city 17
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 10:13:03 PM »
I feel like it'd cause more difficulties for the server than creating actual roleplay, though. Because it would need to be fixed, and the area would need to be blocked off, and a elevated railway collapse isn't really a small thing (meaning that whole segment would likely fall if something bad like that happened). Also, the trains run on seperate tracks, and they don't run off lights. They run off computer systems through Combine technology, and I don't feel like there'd simply be a 'glitch' in the system that'd cause something this bad.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 10:26:16 PM »
About a month ago, we did this. It was okay, and most of the action was from Logistics and was more revolved around the CCA than citizens which is what we don't need more of. I'm sure if it was planned it would fan out better but even then it doesn't make sense. There's one track and it it passes by, never stopping or having to move. I just don't see the point personally.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 10:52:54 PM by Mr. Pettit »

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 10:38:37 PM »
About a month ago, we did this. It was okay, and most of the action was from Logistics and was more revolved around the CCA than citizens which is what we need more of. I'm sure if it was planned it would fan out better but even then it doesn't make sense. There's one track and it it passes by, never stopping or having to move. I just don't see the point personally.
I'm sorry...did you just say that we need more events that revolve around the CCA more than citizens? That goes against the entire philosophy for HL2RP that has been established.
Live free or die

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 10:42:29 PM »
Ricky, consider it a grammatical error.  Pettit was obviously referring that we need more of CITIZEN-centric events.  Still, I have to agree with everyone else in that this would inevitably turn into a CCA event.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 10:49:24 PM »
Maybe if the Nexus door was some how.....blocked off...and the toxic chemicals blocked off the other exits....then the Citizens would most likely be on their own....and the train could be full of posion headcrabs OR malfunctioning OTA units (If those exists)

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 10:52:04 PM »
About a month ago, we did this. It was okay, and most of the action was from Logistics and was more revolved around the CCA than citizens which is what we need more of. I'm sure if it was planned it would fan out better but even then it doesn't make sense. There's one track and it it passes by, never stopping or having to move. I just don't see the point personally.
I'm sorry...did you just say that we need more events that revolve around the CCA more than citizens? That goes against the entire philosophy for HL2RP that has been established.

Mistyped that, sorry.

Offline Lemmingmaster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 06:04:44 PM »
I know that there is only two tracks that dont ever pass each other but there could be a switch point in which there could be light errors or swich erros like the swich is jammed and a train going one direction heads on the track that a train going another direction is on thus a collision there could also be a driver error for example there was a train collision in England back in the 90s I think in which the driver of a train leaving the station due to the sunlight made a red lighr look like a yellow light and the driver went on a swich point to another track that had a high speed train coming its way and the two trains collided. also the combine doesnt seem to maintain the pre 7 hour war structures like how in the chaapter of Half life 2 Route canal you can find the remains of a train wreck left there by the combine and not cleaned up and removed. So the railway could have poor maintence of it and have accidents to as a cuase.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal