Author Topic: Cut Cannon.  (Read 4311 times)

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
Cut Cannon.
« on: March 04, 2013, 03:45:03 PM »
Ok, so I have thought about this for a while now. And hear me out, how about we put in HL2 Beta Chars. Now these would increase RP greatly with these chars. So let's name them all  and give them their jobs.

let's just forget about Conscripts, that's a whole different story.

So let's start.

Combine Assassins: Ok, now these Female OTA would make good for RP. Male's being Grunts and Females being Assassins. They would be used for well Assassination of a Rebel, or just one of them people who would go down on a grapple and put a black bag over your head and you will never be seen again. These Chars are really important to Cannon, even though cut. So let's leave this suggestion in.

Combine Big Momma Pod: These Pods would be used if a Head crab Event is in place. They are the birth pods of Head crabs, and would be used in their birth. Not chars, but props that could be implanted if given time.

Alien Assassins: The Outlands version of the Combine Assassin, also known as the Breeder. It's acrobatics and claws are good for climbing and stealth and attacks.. So let's try and use it if we can get a model.

The Alien Combine Soldier: No, we aren't using it. I am not suggesting it in anyway, I don't want a worm walking around C17. And I'm not saying we should put it in, but if you want to then OK. It's the same as OTA so we don't need it.

Cremator: Ok so this grunt walks around and immolates dead bodies to 'clean up the city' I know that this is a very good char for RP, so let's put this is. It can be in charge of burning the bodies and we can implement some bits and pieces.

Now time for buildings and pictures that can be implanted for later projects. Remember this is a suggestion and not a idea that we are meant to put in because I say.

Vertigo: This Skyscraper is a massive eyesore to the populace, it's like the Philips Building in Saints Row only more ugly. But now this could be a embassy for CA's. I am one and I think it was fun back in C45 when CA's had a building to themselves.

The Manhack Arcade: A arcade for Citizens who want to cut thing open, I know this would be a good example for RP situations. That's all I have to say.

OverWatch Nexus: Yes, the Parliament of Serbia, it's a good building. We could use it, it would make good for Overwatch so if there are a lot of them then they can reside in the building.

Vorti-Cell: A power supply from Trapped Vorts, we all know what's going to happen. This machine rips the power out of the Vort and leaves it dry in it's shell. It's like ripping a yoke out of a egg.

Combine Assassin Tanks: I guess the Assassins need a bigger name for stasis. We don't really need it.

School Bus: These cars can be driven, they are used to transport Citizens around. Let's say that if we had a big map then we could let Citizens get on and CWU or Loyalists could apply to becoming Bus drivers. That's enough on that.

Heel Springs: This is the last suggestion of this, these are to be used for Assassins or for OTA, CCA of a high rank that want to do some Rooftop Work, or as I like to call 'being on a rappel before jumping on my char with a black bag and he is interrogated.' Heel Springs would be very important, but would take a lot of time.

These Models are unused and can still be found in the HL2 Files. They can be converted to Garry's mod, but I don't know how. Some files are unused and cannot be used.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Cut Cannon.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 06:14:38 PM »
Ok, so I have thought about this for a while now. And hear me out, how about we put in HL2 Beta Chars. Now these would increase RP greatly with these chars. So let's name them all  and give them their jobs.

let's just forget about Conscripts, that's a whole different story.

So let's start.

Combine Assassins: Ok, now these Female OTA would make good for RP. Male's being Grunts and Females being Assassins. They would be used for well Assassination of a Rebel, or just one of them people who would go down on a grapple and put a black bag over your head and you will never be seen again. These Chars are really important to Cannon, even though cut. So let's leave this suggestion in.

OTA don't assassinate people.  They are the heavy infantry who rarely set foot in the city unless guarding a CA or in the event of a Judgement/Autonomous Waiver.  If someone needs taking out, ZEALOT S2 will deal with it, and they don't need black bag tactics.

Combine Big Momma Pod: These Pods would be used if a Head crab Event is in place. They are the birth pods of Head crabs, and would be used in their birth. Not chars, but props that could be implanted if given time.

Most HL2RP admins I know prefer passive RP.  If we're going to do a head crab event, it's going to be simple yet more than just citizens running around and hiding while CPs have a shooting gallery.

Alien Assassins: The Outlands version of the Combine Assassin, also known as the Breeder. It's acrobatics and claws are good for climbing and stealth and attacks.. So let's try and use it if we can get a model.

More Fear RP in the Outlands is good, but I think antlion/headcrab/zombie chars are enough.

The Alien Combine Soldier: No, we aren't using it. I am not suggesting it in anyway, I don't want a worm walking around C17. And I'm not saying we should put it in, but if you want to then OK. It's the same as OTA so we don't need it.

Cremator: Ok so this grunt walks around and immolates dead bodies to 'clean up the city' I know that this is a very good char for RP, so let's put this is. It can be in charge of burning the bodies and we can implement some bits and pieces.

I do like this idea, allows for more RP than just throwing the bodies in a dumpster.

Now time for buildings and pictures that can be implanted for later projects. Remember this is a suggestion and not a idea that we are meant to put in because I say.

I would talk to Oz about suggestions for later City maps.

Vertigo: This Skyscraper is a massive eyesore to the populace, it's like the Philips Building in Saints Row only more ugly. But now this could be a embassy for CA's. I am one and I think it was fun back in C45 when CA's had a building to themselves.

The Manhack Arcade: A arcade for Citizens who want to cut thing open, I know this would be a good example for RP situations. That's all I have to say.

OverWatch Nexus: Yes, the Parliament of Serbia, it's a good building. We could use it, it would make good for Overwatch so if there are a lot of them then they can reside in the building.

Overwatch don't have a reason to flag up other than when they are needed.  No one passive RPs on OTA, also, so this would be pointless.

Vorti-Cell: A power supply from Trapped Vorts, we all know what's going to happen. This machine rips the power out of the Vort and leaves it dry in it's shell. It's like ripping a yoke out of a egg.

I think this could easily be RPed rather than scripted.

Combine Assassin Tanks: I guess the Assassins need a bigger name for stasis. We don't really need it.

Read what I said about Combine Assassins.

School Bus: These cars can be driven, they are used to transport Citizens around. Let's say that if we had a big map then we could let Citizens get on and CWU or Loyalists could apply to becoming Bus drivers. That's enough on that.

Sounds ok, but that depends on the map size.

Heel Springs: This is the last suggestion of this, these are to be used for Assassins or for OTA, CCA of a high rank that want to do some Rooftop Work, or as I like to call 'being on a rappel before jumping on my char with a black bag and he is interrogated.' Heel Springs would be very important, but would take a lot of time.

This is/has been easily RPed.  We don't need a script.

These Models are unused and can still be found in the HL2 Files. They can be converted to Garry's mod, but I don't know how. Some files are unused and cannot be used.

All my responses are in bold.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:15:39 PM by Hazard Time »

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 08:48:53 PM »
I believe there's a really old thread lurking around here that deals with the cremator suggestion.
o7

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 09:37:34 PM »
tbh, every single one of those suggestions sound totally unusable and senseless, save the Cremator idea.

I won't lie, having that around would be pretty cool but what would you really even use that for? Burning bodies? We have a furnace for that.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 01:12:44 AM »

This was done a year ago and two abusive players screwed it up for the rest of us so I was forced to remove the group.

No support for bringing it back because it won't be done properly.

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 04:08:21 AM »
Ok, so I have reviewed the votes, and it's time for a edit.

Let's keep a few of the ideas.

Secondly, I didn't say for it to be scripted. I have said 'implanted.' But when I mean by that is we introduce it as a new type of RP not script. Yes, abusive players have used OTA Assassins. But how about OTA Assassins either apply or have to be trusted and reasonable. BMPods are used by the Combine, and they are important to cannon. Without them, there would be no way for Headcrab production. Yes, I know the OTA don't assassinate people. I am thinking using OTA Assassins for Black Ops. Creamators are always seen on posters 'clean up the city or he will do it for you.' We have to implant him, he is a big part of cannon. And I am really thinking the Combine Assassins [No Relation to OTA Assassins.] would be very good for OTA in the Outlands. If you can see that they can climb. Bus's would be apart of a big map if made. They could be used by the CWU or a Red Tier Loyalist. The OverWatch building is now a scrapped idea unless it was used in a map suggestion. I might make one, but for that I see that all of this is very important for RP and Cannon. By the way, I didn't suggest kids because they were already suggested and denied.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 05:33:12 AM »
Ok, so I have reviewed the votes, and it's time for a edit.

Let's keep a few of the ideas.

Secondly, I didn't say for it to be scripted. I have said 'implanted.' But when I mean by that is we introduce it as a new type of RP not script. Yes, abusive players have used OTA Assassins. But how about OTA Assassins either apply or have to be trusted and reasonable. BMPods are used by the Combine, and they are important to cannon. Without them, there would be no way for Headcrab production. Yes, I know the OTA don't assassinate people. I am thinking using OTA Assassins for Black Ops. Creamators are always seen on posters 'clean up the city or he will do it for you.' We have to implant him, he is a big part of cannon. And I am really thinking the Combine Assassins [No Relation to OTA Assassins.] would be very good for OTA in the Outlands. If you can see that they can climb. Bus's would be apart of a big map if made. They could be used by the CWU or a Red Tier Loyalist. The OverWatch building is now a scrapped idea unless it was used in a map suggestion. I might make one, but for that I see that all of this is very important for RP and Cannon. By the way, I didn't suggest kids because they were already suggested and denied.
I don't want elitist players bragging about their Combine assassin

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 07:14:41 AM »
Won't be implementing assassins into the OTA at this stage, sorry.

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 08:22:06 AM »
Not to mention what your saying makes them sound super OP....
OTA don't need blackops. We have a hard enough time staying with that little canon there is, I don't think its a good idea to add an entire new aspect. Why did you cut out the conscripts?
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Carnivore329

• In the Outlands Hiding Under A Rock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 07:18:03 PM »
The majority of these woulden't even be productful, and they would rarely be used and not much fun for the players either, so, I like the idea in general, but it'd just fuck shit up more than make stuff more interesting

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 04:23:42 PM »
Ok, so we had a vote on OTA Assassins and it's a no. But hey, doesn't mean that some of the last of this cannon cannot be used.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 06:30:02 PM »
Ok, so we had a vote on OTA Assassins and it's a no. But hey, doesn't mean that some of the last of this cannon cannot be used.

It's not really up to a public vote for this stuff. It's up to the administration and the leaders of the affected areas. As OzJackal, the current leader of Overwatch, has said, he isn't going to be adding anything super-OP to OTA, an example being the Combine assassins. The issue of OTA being overpowered is already a sensitive issue. The last thing needed is too add is more advanced/diverse alien soldiers, and dangerous equipment to use. I'm going with a -support on all of these suggestions, as they only focus on UnionRP, mainly OTARP. As far as I'm concered, CitizenRP, mainly ResistanceRP needs attention, not something that can really only be used to destory it.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 03:36:49 PM »
Well, to put it straight. I meant We as in Administration, and excluding me. If Oz doesn't want OTA Assassins then that's fine. But if you want to add some Resistance RP then I guess we could add a Brickbat, but nobody has the time to script it. It seems the UU have more of the Cut Sections, remember. I am trying to suggest to Cut-Cannon. And I suggested most of the Cannon there, I mean I am sorry that I suggested UU Cannon, but that's actually all the Cut Cannon there is. Yes there is some Cut-Cannon from the Resistance, but none that would do good for HL2RP. I know that this is sad, but there is no Cuts that relate to the Resistance in a RP way. I hope you don't mind, but I suggested all the Cut Cannon that could've made it and not all the Cannon that there is. It's time that we started to find out what Cannon could make it. I mean exclude everything that we don't need. Let's keep these Alien Assassins, and Cremator and a few others. If we to implant some things like these then we can 'Revolutionize' RP in our Community. Think about it, we could be the first server to have Creamators or Alien Assassins. But there might be one server or another, but we could be one of the few servers to implant these. Come on, I want to see something new other than CCA and CWU or Citizens, I want some new RP. Resistance RP is mostly used in the Outlands, it's not like anybody has guns to kill the Combine. I am just saying that Resistance RP is better in the Outlands then the City.

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 04:08:13 AM »
Ok, I guess I will just end this... I will suggest something like this later, not a OTA Assassin. Maybe a creamator or something.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal