Author Topic: John 'V' Smith's Authorization Application  (Read 9326 times)

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: John 'V' Smith's Authorization Application
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2013, 03:53:37 AM »
Please put in the top section that your authing for blueprints of the hidden base in the sewers. It seems like you kinda just snuck it in at the end so nobody would notice.

Will be in another app after this IF it is accepted.

please deny this until his application is properly fixed and not just a ripoff of a tv show and please dont give him the blackops ninja assassin daniel slatard model please otherwise i will develop cancer and die

also jesus christ what's with people applying for shit like 'stealth skills'? if i can see your character then i can see your fucking character, don't tell me i can't because you can ~blend with the shadows~

Care to actually explain what isn't fixed? The new update to it is MEANT to make him a film character but he WILL return to his normal state but will go mad as he finds out the truth

In HL2RP, true stealth is most commonly blending with crowds. Not shadow diving in the hopes people walk away.

To answer you AND raged. I'm not saying just because he has auth's you cant ever see him. it would just allow me to keep in the shadows as the character would. It is true that some stealth is hiding in plain sight but when you are burned like fuck out of a mask and have a clearly AC costume when your wearing usual clothes and cant find anything to blend in, the shadows are the best place to be. This kind of stealth and keeping to the shadows also links with the character V that this character is imitating.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2013, 05:16:25 AM »
Having a character that's heavily based on a movie character can be okay, but this, is not.
Here are my points I want you to answer, I doubt the application in it's current state can be accepted at all though.¨

"As the city was still so new he knew that some materials wouldn’t be too hard to come by. Currently the Union had swept for major problems such as armed persons and anything that could directly damage the Union so clothing was still easy to find in some of the old housing."
The city would most likely be searched and cleaned thorough before any citizens were let in.

"He would practice every day he could trying to not only perfect his knife skills but to also improve his stealth and computer skills. He became so engrossed in his obsession that he started to hate the society he lived in. As he learnt about hacking he began to practice by hacking real software and servers. He never did anything major but liked to think he was ‘destroying society.’ Really though he was just a fan boy on a computer but he still had some decent skills."
That right there is nonsense. Computer skills? Yeah, start Microsoft Word and print a document. Hacking skills? No. Prove that you have a slightest knowledge how to hack networks/computers and there can be a little chance that you get this. You will need to place a lot of more detail on what skills he has, not just "he learned all the hacking skills by himself."

"He decided to search the shop office trying to find any kind of clue to the combination. After an hour of searching he did in fact find a bit of paper with three sets of numbers on it, it was all he had to he decided to try the numbers on the safe. He tried the first combination to no avail but as he finished the second combination a clunk could be heard as the safe unlocked."
Safes are not as easy to unlock. Assuming it's a combination safe you were talking about, those safes have those wheels you use to select the number and to eventually enter the combination. But, every safe has it's own method of entering the numbers - like, you must turn the wheel clockwise while entering the first number, then counter-clockwise, clockwise again, and so on. It's not as easy as you think, you can't just "enter the combination".

There is no detail on how did he learn to use knives, there is no detail on what exactly can the character do with knives.
There is no detail on how did he learn to "stealth" himself, except than "watching a movie". Most stuff in movies is usually stupid and unusable IRL.
Same goes for the hand-to-hand skills, assuming from the application he was a sociopath-alike person and barely interacted with others, meaning he couldn't really participate in any (practice) fights and learn anything.

edit: I don't want you to become a hacker to get this auth, but you should at least know some very little basics if you want your character to be a hacker.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:35:34 AM by Khub »

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 06:06:37 PM »
Based on what people have already said and the fact that you yourself said you don't expect this to be accepted, I'm going to deny it. If you want to apply for something similar again, try to add all of the detail needed for it with the original post. Something as serious as this requires a really large back story.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal