Author Topic: John 'V' Smith's Authorization Application  (Read 9451 times)

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: John 'V' Smith's Authorization Application
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 05:09:38 PM »
I retract the film not existing. I can understand the paradox but this character would not have seen the film so his decisions are not influenced by it. others might mention it IF they see the character.

Yeah, how about no. If you want to make this at the very least SOMEWHAT plausible, why not do something like how they did on Doctor Who? Christmas Special of Season 4 where the Doctor went to Medieval England during Christmas and there was a man who believed he was the Doctor and had all his knowledge and what not due to him having a horribly traumatic experience of watching his son being kidnapped and wife killed and basically went momentarily insane and got amnesia; the blanks of his life filled by the recordings of the Doctors life/experiences due to the projection he watched.

Basically, try and rewrite your back story and if you REALLY wanna be V so badly, have you character watch the film and go through a horrible experience during the Seven Hour war or something so that he THINKS he's Guy Fawks but is actually some lunatic who is messed up in the head. That way you even get a nice little defect out of it, being mentally unfit and if you were to ever be caught, you'd pretty much be a kill on capture for the UU.

Not to mention this option would give you MUCH better RP options as you would be susceptible to mental and emotional breakdowns and there's always the chance of figuring out that the life you live of "V" is actually a lie and if you were to find out about your past, you could go on a suicidal rampage from being so distraught about figuring you lived a lie.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 05:33:01 PM »
I retract the film not existing. I can understand the paradox but this character would not have seen the film so his decisions are not influenced by it. others might mention it IF they see the character.

Yeah, how about no. If you want to make this at the very least SOMEWHAT plausible, why not do something like how they did on Doctor Who? Christmas Special of Season 4 where the Doctor went to Medieval England during Christmas and there was a man who believed he was the Doctor and had all his knowledge and what not due to him having a horribly traumatic experience of watching his son being kidnapped and wife killed and basically went momentarily insane and got amnesia; the blanks of his life filled by the recordings of the Doctors life/experiences due to the projection he watched.

Basically, try and rewrite your back story and if you REALLY wanna be V so badly, have you character watch the film and go through a horrible experience during the Seven Hour war or something so that he THINKS he's Guy Fawks but is actually some lunatic who is messed up in the head. That way you even get a nice little defect out of it, being mentally unfit and if you were to ever be caught, you'd pretty much be a kill on capture for the UU.

Not to mention this option would give you MUCH better RP options as you would be susceptible to mental and emotional breakdowns and there's always the chance of figuring out that the life you live of "V" is actually a lie and if you were to find out about your past, you could go on a suicidal rampage from being so distraught about figuring you lived a lie.

This is a brilliant idea. I will speak to you in steam about something then work on changing this.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 05:34:58 PM »
I would support Sexy's revision of the auth as long as Mat doesn't go on a killing spree beyond reason, which I have no reason to think he would.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 06:52:08 PM »
UPDATED

I have updated the application to make more sense.

After reading this application, I still don't understand why you wanted the model I used for Onyx back in City Forty Five, lol.

The all black Onyx model was the only one I knew that suited the all black costume of V.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 07:42:26 PM »
'to raise anarchy and free the people from an oppressive government'
I can understand the knives and outfit but I dont agree with computer hacking, hook and stealth as it makes your char a bit op
Hi i am a h2h expert who can hack computer and swing myself across the city without anyone noticing

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 07:47:37 PM »
The hacking is only on a human PC level. So he would have no idea about the combine system. Also it would fit the V character he is trying to imitate as he was a hacket if you read into it.

The stealth is a case of he needs to know how to remain undetected and move silently as he can't just walk about the streets. The hooks etc are part of that as like another character on city, getting around on the roofs and such is the best way to stay hidden and keep a watch. the whole idea is that no one see's or notices him when he is just looking about. Why would you want a character like this in public view?

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 07:51:32 PM »
How do you rp a char who no one will see but whom you choose
room for elitism

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 07:53:26 PM »
There are already characters much like this. And the whole point is not to cause elitism but to remain secret. Why would it be elitist to keep hidden? Its someone dressed as a clear AC. They don't want to be seen unless they must show themselves. The current character like this isn't elitist at all.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 07:59:49 PM »
Because you're going to only show yourself to important ppl is terms of resistance

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 08:01:37 PM »
Please don't presume what I would do. I would interest with a variety of characters and I would be seen as you can't create anarchy and never be seen.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 08:09:01 PM »
Well you've already tried to lolfind the base in the sewers

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 08:47:43 PM »
Please put in the top section that your authing for blueprints of the hidden base in the sewers. It seems like you kinda just snuck it in at the end so nobody would notice.

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 09:34:59 PM »
 "lol elitism"

Go and blame that to the Sectorial Commander who has immediate augmentations to increase strength and can still manveur correctly after getting blown up by a grenade. 

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2013, 11:53:40 PM »
please deny this until his application is properly fixed and not just a ripoff of a tv show and please dont give him the blackops ninja assassin daniel slatard model please otherwise i will develop cancer and die

also jesus christ what's with people applying for shit like 'stealth skills'? if i can see your character then i can see your fucking character, don't tell me i can't because you can ~blend with the shadows~
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 11:55:46 PM by raged »

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2013, 03:47:55 AM »
In HL2RP, true stealth is most commonly blending with crowds. Not shadow diving in the hopes people walk away.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal