Author Topic: Economic reset.  (Read 10555 times)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Economic reset.
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 07:55:25 AM »
Assuming that 50k tokens are given to Gold Members:

5 Magnums @ 1500 per crate = 33 crates with a total of 165 Magnums;
5 MP7s @ 1000 per crate = 50 crates with a total of 250 MP7s;
5 regular pistols @ 500 per crate = 100 crates with a total of 500 regular pistols;
5 frag grenades @ 250 per crate = 200 crates with a total of 1000 frag grenades;

5 Magnum rounds @ 200 per crate = 250 crates with a total of 1250 Magnum rounds;
5 MP7 rounds @ 150 per crate = 333 crates with a total of 1667 MP7 rounds;
5 regular pistol rounds @ 100 per crate =  100 crates with a total of 2500 regular pistol rounds;

Let's also assume that they have access to the menu by which these weapons are purchased and are dedicated enough to sit in a server for several hours spawning these shipments over the map.

So why is it that Gold Members receiving such an absurd amount of money for a serious HL2RP server when they have to agree on initial registration that "items are not needed to roleplay"?

I think it might be time to introduce a decimal point to the donation money.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 09:13:15 AM »
I would agree with removing v flags and making them applicable - get an authorization that you need the items from LBM menu or get a SA give you the flag. I would agree with lowering the amount of tokens received - I see 5000 tokens somehow better. It's still too much but 500 or 1000 would be of no point. It's a simple query on the database to lower the tokens - eg. if someone has 50,000 tokens or more, cut it down by 45k. Lowering amount / increasing interval of the LBM supplies would come handy too I think.

I'm afraid we need RoflWaffle to post in here and tell us how this won't go through though  :(

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 10:28:23 AM »
Even if the economy is reset, tokens will still be redundant on places like Outlands. Even more so if you get rid of v flags. If anything, just focus on fixing the damn server before restarting everything again.

>inb4 "u only say dat cause u gold membr and don't wanna loss tokuns"

If anything, I say let people keep their money, but give the tokens a bigger purpose so people will actually SPEND them. Right now, the biggest use for them is to buy shit from CWU's on City. Give the tokens a reason, don't eradicate them.

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 10:33:43 AM »
Even if the economy is reset, tokens will still be redundant on places like Outlands. Even more so if you get rid of v flags. If anything, just focus on fixing the damn server before restarting everything again.

>inb4 "u only say dat cause u gold membr and don't wanna loss tokuns"

If anything, I say let people keep their money, but give the tokens a bigger purpose so people will actually SPEND them. Right now, the biggest use for them is to buy shit from CWU's on City. Give the tokens a reason, don't eradicate them.

The reason why the suggestion to remove 99% of v flags is to give tokens a propose in the black market trade(We don't use tokens in outlands because they're worthless due to lack of income) and buying stuff from the CWU(This is the only way rages stupid hunger bar will work).
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 02:03:13 PM »
I understand the argument here and I can't say I disagree from a player's standpoint. But from a business standpoint (and there is a business half of this website), business comes before pleasure, so to speak. What I mean by that is that by removing the things you get as a donator, that lowers the number of donators. Without donators, our servers don't even run. Think about it, most people don't donate to this community out of the goodness of their hearts. They donate because they want their Huey on HRP, or they want their tool gun on HL2RP, or their Ferrari on OCRP.

Its not as big of an issue with people who have been here a long time and just enjoy the community, and in reality most of those people play HL2RP and probably wouldn't mind. From a customer service standpoint however, resetting tokens (as small of an issue as that sounds) is like taking what someone donated for. Yes, anything donated is purely a donation and we're not entitled to give them anything for a donation, but you also have to look at the fact of why people donate to begin with. If the returns aren't worth the input, the number of donators can and sometimes will go down.

Now granted, most of the gold members are coming from HRP these days so this probably wouldn't have as many repercussions to wipe tokens and remove v flags from the donator benefit list. It really just depends on how needed hl2rp donators are I guess.

But yes, all in all I'd like to see a token reset and v flags removed from the donor list of benefits, so long as money and a potential lack of donators isn't an issue.

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 02:05:57 PM »
90% of all the donates have/will come from HRP, and OCRP1.5/2. Not HL2RP. The most people should complain about is the flags, but removing the flags will create a black market, thus more RP for rebels, citizens and CCA.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2013, 03:16:52 PM »
90% of all the donates have/will come from HRP, and OCRP1.5/2. Not HL2RP. The most people should complain about is the flags, but removing the flags will create a black market, thus more RP for rebels, citizens and CCA.
I didn't realize you were Catalyst Gaming's designated statistician. No matter the income from HRP and OCRP, removing donor (donator is not a word) benefits will still result in a loss of income. It would be nearly impossible to gauge the importance of each server towards income, as you donate for one cross-server user group, and therefore there is definitely a level of uncertainty as to how much of an effect something like this may have on the community's income. Furthermore, servers encouraging donations likely vary from month to month, and we should avoid using unfounded statistics that are impossible to found when making this decision. Presently, this should be a decision left to Gabe, as he's the only one who has access to the information necessary to gauge the impact of such a change.

Live free or die

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2013, 03:43:51 PM »
I didn't realize you were Catalyst Gaming's designated statistician. No matter the income from HRP and OCRP, removing donor (donator is not a word) benefits will still result in a loss of income. It would be nearly impossible to gauge the importance of each server towards income, as you donate for one cross-server user group, and therefore there is definitely a level of uncertainty as to how much of an effect something like this may have on the community's income. Furthermore, servers encouraging donations likely vary from month to month, and we should avoid using unfounded statistics that are impossible to found when making this decision. Presently, this should be a decision left to Gabe, as he's the only one who has access to the information necessary to gauge the impact of such a change.

the stat's may be incorrect but to be perfectly honest they are mainly true. People don't flock to hl2rp to get the wonderul donation benefits, do they? No they don't. People donate for the other server privileges and some take up hl2rp after going for benefits, some stay(eg me). People play hl2rp for the rp, and thats what we need to look at here. Look at the donations gained when ocrp first released on cg - it was absolutely huge. look at the donations from hl2rp - oh wait, nobody donated to exclusively get benefits on hl2rp except a few people.

Oh, and i couldn't give a fuck about my spelling and grammar im tired thanksbye
what

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 04:55:28 PM »
I spoke with Thunderfuck and it seems we can remove the 'v' flag, but we need to compensate it somehow. I thought of letting people (vip/gold) select their own OOC icon from some menu I would make - of course not all of the available silkicons would be there. Decreased OOC interval to 75% maybe? Anything else that'd interest you as a potential donor? Any ideas?

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 05:57:20 PM »
give them toolgun access to every tool like duplicator and shit? ability to select a custom citizen model from a list of designated ones?

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2013, 05:59:30 PM »
I spoke with Thunderfuck and it seems we can remove the 'v' flag, but we need to compensate it somehow. I thought of letting people (vip/gold) select their own OOC icon from some menu I would make - of course not all of the available silkicons would be there. Decreased OOC interval to 75% maybe? Anything else that'd interest you as a potential donor? Any ideas?

Custom civ model, full tool gun access, no OOC time, etc.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2013, 06:21:27 PM »
seems a little too much for v flags that people hardly use

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2013, 06:33:13 PM »
Custom modelo's and toolgun(except obvious minge tools) is fine enough.
what

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2013, 06:41:35 PM »
Custom models seem pretty cool in my opinion, but even if you did allow custom models for the gold donators  where would they get the models? Most of the TnB ones are made for TRP, or have massive mounts of high tech stuff on them.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2013, 06:42:42 PM »
Custom models seem pretty cool in my opinion, but even if you did allow custom models for the gold donators  where would they get the models? Most of the TnB ones are made for TRP, or have massive mounts of high tech stuff on them.

it's almost like no one reads my posts ever

http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=21687.msg159207#msg159207

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal