Author Topic: Economic reset.  (Read 10559 times)

Re: Economic reset.
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2013, 06:43:18 PM »
Custom models seem pretty cool in my opinion, but even if you did allow custom models for the gold donators  where would they get the models? Most of the TnB ones are made for TRP, or have massive mounts of high tech stuff on them.
How about a small list of models that only gold members can have? Doesn't have to be part of the TnB pack(I'm sure someone would have a problem with that), but like different vest models, different citizen models..
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2013, 06:46:21 PM »
Hmm never mind then. Those look pretty good.  What about /other/ models? The beefed up ones with armour, and stuff? Make those so you can just apply for them or not avalible what so ever?

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2013, 06:47:24 PM »
Hmm never mind then. Those look pretty good.  What about /other/ models? The beefed up ones with armour, and stuff? Make those so you can just apply for them or not avalible what so ever?

If we're using the models I posted we're only allowed the first 30 (ones in the screenshot) so I have to manually repackage them

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2013, 07:50:34 PM »
whoever said we have to include badass vested custom models and not just the citizen models with a different face?

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2013, 09:39:34 PM »
Obviously the shit we're letting people donate for isn't a good idea. the question is, what IS a good idea? we still need money so we can't just remove what we have.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2013, 09:46:56 PM »
the pleasure and good feeling of having donated to cg

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2013, 09:52:28 PM »
the pleasure and good feeling of having donated to cg
Right...

Honestly, a list of models that they can set them selves too/get an admin to set them too would work.
Maybe some other stuff that won't effect gameplay, like glowing names on the scoreboard(OCRP yeah I know) able to have a longer description?
Cut the tokens you get when donating down to like 500 for gold and 250 for VIP and set the shipments/manage the economy to where that is a large(Ish) sum.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013, 09:57:18 PM »
while we're at it why don't we let them spawn boats and call it harbour roleplay hl2rp edition

i honestly think the majority of donators dont donate for the extra things on hl2rp

Offline Star Rees

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2013, 10:12:48 PM »
Every citizen and their mother in the sever seems to have some sort of weaponry on them.
Taking away their money will only increase the rates people are mugged and robbed, and characters killed.

I'm only personally speaking from P3 and "the wrong side of town" experience, but seeing as how people react to you carrying a donut in your inventory, if they start losing all their money, the crime rate is going to sky-rocket.

In turn with that, the CP will need to get a lot more involved in things, which could viewed as good or bad, like most things in this topic.
In the end I think it'll turn into a massive shit-storm that'll involve full-on CP raids and all, which could be fun. It won't be as fun for the losing side, though. It'll probably cause a lot more OOC turmoil when the CP need to start firing because everyone is a gun-totin' badass.

It could create some decent "gang" roleplay, though I doubt it'll be as good as I'm picturing it in my head.

The issue above could be good or bad on both sides of a spectrum, but in my own personal opinion, I don't think every gold/vip members turning into some high class gun shooting criminal would be the best for the serious roleplay of the server.

That's just my two cents, and someone with experience could most definitely out-debate me on this topic.
I'm just trying to get the point across that some people will do whatever it takes to keep their money, rather it be killing characters or spending real life money.

Either way, I don't believe this is going to be a win-win situation. It just does need to be handled in some sort of way.

How? I'm not exactly sure, haven't been here long enough to make an affirmative answer. I just hope whatever happens, if anything, works for the best and the interests of the community.

I do like the idea of someone with decency and responsibility, like an Admin, being charged with the duty to "distribute" various items instead of anyone with a couple thousand coins being able to spawn something out of their ass.
In that sense, having a "dealer" would definitely increase roleplay and maybe even interaction between everyone in the server, it'll also create a sort of "under-ground" market type of roleplay.

I'm not sure if all that exists already, but I haven't seen it, so that's just my penny in.

All in all, nobody is going to like a total reset in their tokens, and they'res going to be a bitch-fit about it if it ever does occur.
There are numerous ways to approach this issue, but a reset is probably the one that'll cause the most strife from the most people

This post wasn't intended to bash anyone's ideas or opinions on the topic, it's just my thoughts on the subject.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Too many coin remarks.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2013, 10:54:49 PM »
there's practically no guns in the city for rebels i don't know what you're on about

Offline Star Rees

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2013, 11:05:00 PM »
I'm not talking about firearms, but everyone seems to be carrying around knives, and at least six of them to throw at me.

Anything sharp and can cut, I've never dealt with a firearm yet though.

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2013, 12:39:40 AM »
Knifes and /most/ shanks should require some sort of auth last I checked?
Anyway in your post you talk more about "Gun toting badasses" not about knifes or anything.

Personally I think the mugging rates should be high in Outlands/P3 to force people in to groups and more secure areas to fend off from them.

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2013, 04:43:05 AM »
Remove v flag, and reduce the amount of tokens to 1000 for gold and 500 for VIP.

Credit goes to jackal

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2013, 03:32:11 AM »
Solution. Lower token amounts recieved by VIPs/Gold members, and take away v flags from them. Make it so people can apply for v flags via getting a supplier or something through an auth app (maybe specifically for v flags, kind of like TT?). Then, in place of tokens and v flags for donators, and give them access to the whole custom model idea.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2013, 03:38:07 AM »
Solution. Lower token amounts recieved by VIPs/Gold members, and take away v flags from them. Make it so people can apply for v flags via getting a supplier or something through an auth app (maybe specifically for v flags, kind of like TT?). Then, in place of tokens and v flags for donators, and give them access to the whole custom model idea.

"Getting a supplier" sounds really ass pulled and I'd hope admins would monitor it well, it'd suck to see "I MET THIS ONE GUY IN THE SEWERS AND HE HOOKED ME UP" in every auth app, or some variation on that~

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal