Author Topic: CONSCRIPT Suggestion  (Read 12794 times)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: CONSCRIPT Suggestion
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 05:41:16 PM »
Since when did vortigaunts collars explode? I've yet to heard anything like that and the only 'modification' I've heard which was regarding the vortigaunts collars, was the one Globey or Mmmaaattt did.
It made the collars give them electrical shocks and not explode. Please tell me when this was implanted and show me proofs / evidence of a Logistic / GRID unit making it. Or was it one of you S2 units who made it?

I heard from Pettit that they exploded. In any case, this suggestion would make explosive collars mandatory to reduce the risk of escapees.

Unless I'm blind I haven't seen S4 work on much yet - this could be SUCH great passive for S4 you have no idea. Logistics could work on making the thing and Support could ask for Level 1 verdicts to test various explosives made by Support or Logistics or whoever and stuff.

Other than that - if citizens stare, so what? That's natural, tell them off IC for staring, if they're doing it badly in an OOC sense than teach them with LOOC on how to behave, we're not 8 years old in the server, we can handle people who might need a nudge or reminder on some ways to roleplay a situation

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 06:00:49 PM »
I'll have to work on that then, sounds like a good project and extra training course. Thanks for the idea smt.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 06:04:27 PM »
A simple fix for that is an auth app after having been freed where they'd post logs of when it happened most likely.

no not even that because otherwise they'll be organising shit in SF with hardcore rebels to disable their collars and then escape time after time again and it'll be pointless even letting them roam around.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 07:04:58 PM »
Since they're second class citizens, would normal human citizens be able to physically and emotionally abuse them? I can see that as a potential for passive and whatever. If the CONSCRIPTS do anything back they can be dealt level 2 to 1 verdicts for their actions, depending on how bad. So like citizens are frustrated about how they're being treated by units so they can find a CONSCRIPT in like P2 or P3 or something and take out their frustration by making fun of them or kicking their shit in.

But again, the primary problem that I find tying this down is the ease of escape.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Mr. Busch

• #Bluesquad
    #2Termz
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 07:20:53 PM »

Unless I'm blind I haven't seen S4 work on much yet - this could be SUCH great passive for S4 you have no idea. Logistics could work on making the thing and Support could ask for Level 1 verdicts to test various explosives made by Support or Logistics or whoever and stuff....
"Excerpt"

In no way am I calling you out nor am I "talking shit", but I took a small bit offence to this statement. RADON, the support R&D sub-division that is all about passive RP, is currently lead by me and only has one unit in its ranks; me. We haven't really been able to complete one project because we have no units to go into the labs, other than me, to complete them. I'm mostly in the labs anymore, just trying to complete a project that people won't really care about or appreciate. People just don't want to join RADON because it require a LOT of passive RP by yourself, in a room, which no one will most likely see/ and or care about. The only thing that made us look reasonably "good", is our acquisition of a necrotic which is still in a box that is sitting in a storage room.

Anyways in short, with the new map change, I currently don't have a room to use and I can't use the support labs due to RADON and SPECTRE using different materials and equipment. And on top of that, my leader is thinking about disbanding the sub-section. So you probably wont see much more passive RP from the support R&D department.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 07:21:50 PM »
all i can see now is vortigaunts hanging in the slums in cliques mugging citizens

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 07:27:15 PM »

Unless I'm blind I haven't seen S4 work on much yet - this could be SUCH great passive for S4 you have no idea. Logistics could work on making the thing and Support could ask for Level 1 verdicts to test various explosives made by Support or Logistics or whoever and stuff....
"Excerpt"

In no way am I calling you out nor am I "talking shit", but I took a small bit offence to this statement. RADON, the support R&D sub-division that is all about passive RP, is currently lead by me and only has one unit in its ranks; me. We haven't really been able to complete one project because we have no units to go into the labs, other than me, to complete them. I'm mostly in the labs anymore, just trying to complete a project that people won't really care about or appreciate. People just don't want to join RADON because it require a LOT of passive RP by yourself, in a room, which no one will most likely see/ and or care about. The only thing that made us look reasonably "good", is our acquisition of a necrotic which is still in a box that is sitting in a storage room.

Anyways in short, with the new map change, I currently don't have a room to use and I can't use the support labs due to RADON and SPECTRE using different materials and equipment. And on top of that, my leader is thinking about disbanding the sub-section. So you probably wont see much more passive RP from the support R&D department.

GRID worked better without complicated names and I dont know what your names mean either, I'm putting it bluntly - I haven't seen S4 do a proper, big, joint project, all I'm saying

Offline Mr. Busch

• #Bluesquad
    #2Termz
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 07:33:03 PM »

"Excerpt"

GRID worked better without complicated names and I dont know what your names mean either, I'm putting it bluntly - I haven't seen S4 do a proper, big, joint project, all I'm saying

Other than making a Bio-engineering space suit that repairs itself using a more concentrated form of bio-gel and nanites and is seeming similar to dead space EVA suit, its kind of hard to get a joint project that all of S4 can get into works with.

And RADON is an element on the periodic table, hence hinting to the chemistry we practice.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 07:57:41 PM »

"Excerpt"

Other than making a Bio-engineering space suit that repairs itself using a more concentrated form of bio-gel and nanites and is seeming similar to dead space EVA suit, its kind of hard to get a joint project that all of S4 can get into works with.

And RADON is an element on the periodic table, hence hinting to the chemistry we practice.

Im not attacking S4 or something if you get that impression, I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm just saying there's been a lack of joint projects and now there can be one

Offline Mr. Busch

• #Bluesquad
    #2Termz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2013, 09:46:16 PM »
Im not attacking S4 or something if you get that impression, I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm just saying there's been a lack of joint projects and now there can be one

Then I'm sorry for the misconception.

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 03:49:48 PM »
Since they're second class citizens, would normal human citizens be able to physically and emotionally abuse them? I can see that as a potential for passive and whatever. If the CONSCRIPTS do anything back they can be dealt level 2 to 1 verdicts for their actions, depending on how bad. So like citizens are frustrated about how they're being treated by units so they can find a CONSCRIPT in like P2 or P3 or something and take out their frustration by making fun of them or kicking their shit in.

But again, the primary problem that I find tying this down is the ease of escape.

ANYWAY, back on topic. Question still stands. Dallas?

>I'll never forget...

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2013, 11:43:04 AM »

Yeah, a citizen beating a vortigaunt conscript would only be a level three crime considering they would only be second class citizens.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2013, 01:34:03 PM »

Yeah, a citizen beating a vortigaunt conscript would only be a level three crime considering they would only be second class citizens.

Chances are I'll probably support this and start working to put it in place, but I would have to mull it over and think of some stuff to prevent issues.

>I'll never forget...

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2013, 12:23:08 PM »
I rather like this idea, all the CONSCRIPTs do is come on every once and a while, push a broom around the nexus, get beaten, and leave for a few days before doing the same thing again. I'd at least think letting them be janitors or heavy-labor workers in P1 only, lifting boxes, cleaning streets, or being assistants or shopworkers for the CWU would be a decent tradeoff for the risk of losing them or them being killed for some reason. Perhaps they could be denied the privileges to own houses or money, which makes them more or less an "untouchable" caste in P1, existing only to be ordered around by the CCA and CWU and to be kicked around by citizens, some of which would offer food or shelter for some of them.

I think it would be interesting, but we would have to make the slave collars near-impossible to break off without killing the vortigaunt or alerting the CCA to the tampering.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 12:27:44 PM by Riemer »
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2013, 01:00:19 PM »
Those are a given.

Before this is implemented, Logistics will have to work on the collars. Also, probably limiting mobility to P1 and P2, but once the CONSCRIPT goes past the P3 marker, either its a level 2 offense if caught OR have an automatic radar activate to keep track of the CONSCRIPT at all times within P3.

On top of that, they will be advertised to be "untouchables" or "undesirables". Any citizens seen showing CONSCRIPTS a kindness are given level 2 verdicts. Physical abuse would be a stern talking to only and emotional abuse wouldn't be responded to. 

>I'll never forget...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal