Author Topic: CONSCRIPT Suggestion  (Read 12803 times)

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: CONSCRIPT Suggestion
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013, 02:25:30 PM »
Perhaps we could design posters to help advertise the CONSCRIPTs' role.

For instance, a poster with a Civil protection officer above a collar'ed vortigaunt that reads something along the lines of

"He is here to protect you,

.....it is here to serve you."
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 02:50:45 PM »
Perhaps we could design posters to help advertise the CONSCRIPTs' role.

For instance, a poster with a Civil protection officer above a collar'ed vortigaunt that reads something along the lines of

"He is here to protect you,

.....it is here to serve you."

Not a bad idea at all...

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 04:23:00 PM »
I'll have the R&D sub divisions in S4 make the collars. Once that's finished we'll see about actually doing this.

But I'm going to point out a few things that I will and won't accept with it.

I can easily see this becoming an issue where those with vort characters find crafty ways to get their collars off, leaving admins no choice but to find their methods acceptable and allow another free vort to roam P3. Over time this will get to the point that there's a group or even multiple small groups of escaped conscripts in P3. This idea isn't supposed to be put in place for people to escape from their shackles. Its supposed to be for people to actually RP being a second class citizen.

If this turns into an escape fest with the vorts, it'll probably wind up being abolished, if its truly finalized and accepted. I won't support this at all if there's not both an IC restriction and OOC punishment for disregarding the fact the collars being created will shock/explode upon reaching a certain point on the map or if its tampered with at all, in any way.

Escaped conscript auth apps should be no more common or harder to get accepted than rogue unit apps are. It should be an extremely rare case.

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 04:36:55 PM »
I'll have the R&D sub divisions in S4 make the collars. Once that's finished we'll see about actually doing this.

I can easily see this becoming an issue where those with vort characters find crafty ways to get their collars off, leaving admins no choice but to find their methods acceptable and allow another free vort to roam P3. Over time this will get to the point that there's a group or even multiple small groups of escaped conscripts in P3. This idea isn't supposed to be put in place for people to escape from their shackles. Its supposed to be for people to actually RP being a second class citizen.

If this turns into an escape fest with the vorts, it'll probably wind up being abolished, if its truly finalized and accepted. I won't support this at all if there's not both an IC restriction and OOC punishment for disregarding the fact the collars being created will shock/explode upon reaching a certain point on the map or if its tampered with at all, in any way.

Escaped conscript auth apps should be no more common or harder to get accepted than rogue unit apps are. It should be an extremely rare case.
Or you could Roleplay it and find a way to improve the collars so they can't get out of them....
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2013, 05:32:11 PM »

Simple way to fix people going 'lolescape'. Its not hard for an advanced faction to develop a collar that shocks you and explodes when tampered. Terrorist IED's have anti tampering and they aren't exactly the most up to date regarding weaponry.
what

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2013, 06:28:02 PM »

Or you could Roleplay it and find a way to improve the collars so they can't get out of them....

Everything is going to be RP'ed. The idea, the creation, the testing of the collars, the effect of the collars on actual conscripts that try to tamper with them, etc. Its all going to be RP'ed. But we're not going to allow people to waste the time we're all going to put into ICly developing these collars and to create the idea for conscripts to be second class citizens by just escaping as if that's just what you do as a conscript. Just the same way we don't allow units to just go rogue as if its a process of the CCA, if that makes sense.

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2013, 07:59:31 PM »
I agree with this proposal.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2013, 08:09:36 PM »
Oh, totally forgot about this thread. Yes, we plan on going with this but first, logistics needs to work on the collars (which they are doing). We're just putting it out to see how it goes first. If too many CONSCRIPTS go missing and shit, this will probably be revoked.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 08:11:33 PM by Sexy Frog »

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2013, 09:14:54 PM »
Great to see this going through.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2013, 09:39:36 PM »
Hopefully this will push people to actually apply for Vortigaunts.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline walkers_mod

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2013, 03:31:45 AM »
I like it  ;D

User has been forum banned for necroposting with an unconstructive post.  If Vinneh didn't get away with it, what makes you think you will?  ~Hazard
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 03:34:31 AM by Hazard Time »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal