Author Topic: Layout for item drop in outlands?  (Read 4064 times)

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Layout for item drop in outlands?
« on: January 31, 2013, 03:06:39 PM »
I've been thinking of about the scripted drop system. Would it work if it could be controlled manually by trusted SA+ members of HL2RP?
I mean, if the SA who got the flag. he/she were able to open a new tap which shows a menu of the item, the chance of it will get dropped and the limit of how many of the same item will apper.

Something like this.
Spoiler for Hiden:

So the super admins can keep the amount of guns and ammo to a limit so it wont get too much in a server, and more spawn food, water, medical supplies, etc.
The drops would happen in random places

I'm not sure if it will be too difficult to create a program like this, but it would be great if it was possible.
I wish other opinion on it and not just a simple "-/+support - short message here"

Credit goes to jackal

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Layout for item drop in outlands?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 03:36:57 PM »
we already have a table that controls it, we won't be releasing it

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 03:40:02 PM »
I like the idea but...

Maybe weapons and ammo should be spawned by admins, or find their way to the outlands by way of traders to keep it more controlled, and so that Derp McMingington isn't online one day at 2 AM all alone, and finds a an MP7 and two boxes of ammo, only to go

[tall, fast runn...] shoot at the man in the checkered shirt and kills him

without waiting for a response. We've all seen it happen before. I say let the weapons flow, but make sure only the capable roleplayers have access to them.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 04:05:42 PM »
That's a good point Tray. We'll consider it. Weapons and ammunition will be still very rare. One crate won't contain a weapon and ammunition for it, it'll always be split. I'll discuss some possible restriction of picking up guns from the crates with alex.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 04:11:15 AM »
The system for weapons on TnB's STALKER RP seems to work best. It's completely player-trade based. So, initially they had some sort of distribution system to stimulate the market and insert the weapons, but beyond then the purchase and spread of weapons depends on trade among players. Only when the trade stock gets low do admins intervene. Or at least that's how I understand their system to be, and I believe it wouldn't be a bad idea to consider here.
Live free or die

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 12:12:46 PM »
The system for weapons on TnB's STALKER RP seems to work best. It's completely player-trade based. So, initially they had some sort of distribution system to stimulate the market and insert the weapons, but beyond then the purchase and spread of weapons depends on trade among players. Only when the trade stock gets low do admins intervene. Or at least that's how I understand their system to be, and I believe it wouldn't be a bad idea to consider here.

Yes, from what I can remember, at least when I played, there were trusted people who made characters in the trader faction and could "spawn" weapons from a limited stock and trade them off, this gave the server an actual economy (which worked fine for the most part (exo-suit lol)), It's better than random dropping weapons

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 01:05:35 AM »

Yes, from what I can remember, at least when I played, there were trusted people who made characters in the trader faction and could "spawn" weapons from a limited stock and trade them off, this gave the server an actual economy (which worked fine for the most part (exo-suit lol)), It's better than random dropping weapons
This would work if on CG everyone didnt buy 5k tokens

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 10:06:43 AM »

This would work if on CG everyone didnt buy 5k tokens

Well I know (On outlands at least) that tokens are relatively obsolete, so I believe it'd work quite well.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 11:15:06 AM »
not if every gold member has 50k on at least one character, I wasn't suggesting it, was just saying it worked well to have some sort of economy , it'd be nice if we had a totally weapons only economy or something

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 01:22:13 PM »
TnB one sounds fantastic. Just dont include tokens in the trade. You would still need other item drops so players can actually find stuff to trade.

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 09:56:07 PM »
TnB one sounds fantastic. Just dont include tokens in the trade. You would still need other item drops so players can actually find stuff to trade.
Why not remove all the tokens and give gold/VIPs the business flags they were going to be earning anyway? Why give an IC reward for an IC item?
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 09:57:10 PM »
Why not remove all the tokens and give gold/VIPs the business flags they were going to be earning anyway? Why give an IC reward for an IC item?

Because people have donated for it now, I'd hate to see the reaction if everyone's tokens were reset

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 12:16:46 AM »
I honestly think the large amounts of tokens running around won't be a major problem if trusted people are the ones running the trading system for weapons. I find myself to be a trustworthy person, and from my standpoint, I wouldn't be selling a shotgun I'd recieved to some joe for 5k tokens. Those are, for all intensive purposes, completely useless to me. The only thing I'd ever consider training a weapon for would be ammo, some really nice/obscure IC items, or ammunition/other weapons. I find tokens to be useful for small trades (generally, scripted supplies), and of course actually purchasing shipments of things I get ICly. I'd never even think of wanting a ton of tokens for a gun, because, again, they're practically useless. I already have way more than I need. And I could probably say that for a lot of the trusted players as well.

tl;dr version: the fact that there's so many tokens makes them basically worthless, and I highly doubt the people who'd be getting the guns would willingly start handing out guns for little chips that don't really do them any good.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal