Author Topic: [WIP] RP_City38 - suggestions pls # RIGHT CLICK > OPEN IMAGE IN NEW TAB  (Read 52368 times)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RP_City38
"oz do u have beta for me pls"

An original Half Life 2 RP city project straight from my brain!

Credits

Slont - inspiration, cool story ideas, idea for the layout of the map
Orange - pretty much any of the posters in the map that aren't stock (Obama-style 'HOPE' and "Join Now!")
Raged - plaza layout ideas, Embassy ideas and bucketloads of reference images as well as a concept building
Alex - norway is ok alright?? also good php and thanks for letting me look at the C24 plans friend
Jonco - spending many hours brainstorming all of the Embassy/Nexus layout/features
Cow - lol ur name is brown coz u r a cow..... you helped with all of the criminal stuff yes yes ok ty
Hogs - lots of MIDNIGHT district suggestions like the strip club and gambling hall also weed circulation ty
All of the posters in this thread and people over Steam who make my (lack of) life complete~~

Progress List

- Complete.
- In progress.
- No current progress.

# General features #

- Script integrated event control; thunder, uprising/riot ambient sounds, wind loop toggle
- Imported structures from other projects

- Day/night cycle
- Map integrated weather control (rain/snow)

- Server transition zones
- Structural weakness implementation
- TITAN optimization
- SOLACE optimization
- MIDNIGHT optimization
- Custom textures
- Custom sounds

# "TITAN" District #
* In the northern district of City 38 sits the man-made structure known as the Embassy. It serves as a symbol for the Union's dominance over this City and is regarded as the most secure place in the region with state-of-the-art security. Some have said that this sector has grown a personality of its own. Curious. *

- The Civil Administration Embassy in the original layout with the broadcasting station, office, foyer and the security station.- Nexus integration into the Embassy structure.
- A large apartment block (Union Civil Housing; Block A).
- Ration distribution terminal.

* Nexus *

Sector 0 - Command
AI Node
Overwatch Deployment/Stasis
Conference room
The Vault

Sector 1 - Personnel
Garage
Infirmary
Cafeteria
Lobby

Sector 2 - Internal/External Affairs
Interrogation
Offices

Sector 3 - Sociostability
Detainment
Armoury
Firing Range
Breaching Training
Hand To Hand Training

# "SOLACE" District #
* Although the name is a synonym for relief, safety and comfort, there have been scarce reports of unorganised crime in this sector; most of them just being unplanned muggings in the sector's numerous darkened alleyways. *

- An old subway station with a security office and a blocked off tunnel.
- Two small and mirrored corner shops.
- An apartment block with 4 rooms bearing the City 17 layout from HL2.
- A pre-occupation German Cafe with a staff serving station.
- The Civil Worker's Union Headquarters - half-restaurant, half-office.
- A central pillar built by the Combine which is situated in the centre of a pond covered in ice and snow.
- A corner hangout with three benches and a car crash scene.
- A narrow alley which loops around the two corner shops, the corner hangout and the subway.
- An alley adjacent to the Civil Worker's Union HQ which links to the MIDNIGHT district.
- A darkened alley which is positioned between the subway exit and the empty building next to the Civil Worker's Union HQ.
- A small security station for Civil Protection which can temporarily store prisoners.

# "MIDNIGHT" District #
* Two things are uncertain: why did the Combine invasion force bombard this sector so heavily and why were there no subsequent building projects to turn this area into a suitable housing zone? The inhabitants don't actually care, probably because the spread of rubble and countless number of destroyed buildings in this sector serve as breeding grounds for scorn towards the Union. Visitors are advised that the Combine aren't the only ones who are paying close attention to the activities in this sector. *

- A large hall which serves as the connection point between SOLACE and MIDNIGHT.
- The Anek Bar, complete with a serving counter and a backroom for storage purposes.
- A destroyed hole in the floor next to the Anek Bar that links to the first 'real' building of MIDNIGHT.
- An old strip club by the name of 'Vice'.
- A food stand constructed from junk.
- A destroyed office block.
- A church (imported from city45_x1f) which has been edited to accommodate a back entrance/exit.
- A small gambling den.
- A crashed van next to a Combine barricade and some debris which has been claimed as a makeshift home.
- A semi-barricaded store at the end of the long street

- A tall building with several floors, a Combine observation post and rooftop access.
- A small gas station with a vehicle tunnel adjacent to it that is blocked off by debris.
- A junk vendor stand embedded in an alleyway.

- More features to be announced.

First OP:
Spoiler for Hiden:
This was done over the course of 6 hours. I don't know what it's going to be used for yet.

Click to see the original size.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:52:59 AM by OzJackal »

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Train Station [WIP]
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 09:33:03 PM »
oz you are now officially addicted to making maps.

Anyways, maybe swap the trainstation out on the new map for this one? The one you made looks p sexy.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 11:27:36 PM »
I could see that in the C45 map or the one you're currently working on. It's a hell of a lot brighter and makes the whole train relocation concept make sense instead of a collapsed tunnel. Anyway, It's really nice. Good work Oz.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 10:05:55 AM »
I can see it in the place of C45's standing station as well, who knows, maybe you can swap it out and free up the entcount for more map additions.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 12:09:54 PM »
The green lighting and the window booths you used remind me of the new C8 map, it would be a really good addition it, perhaps there could be a side tunnel leading to the back tunnel at the underground bar.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 05:14:46 PM »
Or you could make an entirely new City map, which a few were trying to do but never did in the past, that train station looks nice.

But yes, I and others would probably like to see what kind of City map you could make :P

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[WIP] RP_City45_District2 - suggest a new name + features yes
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 09:12:13 PM »
I made a few textures and added bump maps to give them a bit of depth. The hexagonal pattern uses a light entity with a pulse setting to fade in and out. The "Subway Offline" texture scrolls across from one light to the other. I also made some custom broadcast sounds taken from a stock Microsoft Sam text to speech voice and edited them to say different things (but that is a secret for now :>).

Post Auto-Merged: December 15, 2012, 01:55:58 AM
Made good progress in the last 3 hours on an alleyway that is next to the plaza column and the train station. I'm trying to fix the graffiti showing up on the snow as we speak.

Post Auto-Merged: December 15, 2012, 04:29:16 AM
It's official, I have no life. I did the next section which took an hour:

« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 07:04:26 AM by OzJackal »

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [WIP] RP_City45_District2 - suggest a new name + features yes
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 08:54:24 AM »
City 45 District 2? Really? What a shit name, why not name it to be a new City like City 33 or something else.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 09:39:47 AM »
City 45 District 2? Really? What a shit name, why not name it to be a new City like City 33 or something else.

Abbott are you ever happy with these maps? We're 45 and we have no cause to move so it makes sense.

If we are changing names though, I like the sound of City 38 or City 60
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 09:43:14 AM by The 11th Doctor »

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 10:33:02 AM »

You should just be grateful we're getting a new map at all. Oz doesn't exactly have to make us one, he has a life too.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 11:40:44 AM »
I'm all for having a new map, I just don't like the idea of it being named after a pile of shit map when it could have a new name all together, City 38 sounds like a good name for it as Doctor said.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 11:49:53 AM »
I would like the idea of RPing a simple district switch rather than a "whole city switch because gas leak" or something.

But if we did have to rename it I like City 38.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 05:46:56 PM »
I only picked City45_District2 as a placeholder chiefly because I didn't want to make 20 textures and then export them with a "C45" brand on them when I wanted to get community input as the title of the thread suggests. I'll leave the discussion regarding the name and location open for a while before the final choice is made.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 08:43:38 PM »
why dont you make your own map abbott then you can call it whatever you like

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 09:06:22 PM »
I like how It's going. It looks cold and dark like a HL2RP map should and it looks pretty different from what you've posted. Gg Oz.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal