Author Topic: #news #surprise #bye  (Read 11593 times)

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
#news #surprise #bye
« on: December 10, 2012, 10:43:43 PM »
hi, I'll try to keep this short

This will be a surprise to some, but I know some of you expected it already. I'm resigning from owner. I'll try to explain why as best as I can without getting into the personal issues that are effecting my decision. You guys were probably wondering about my activity as an owner and why its been so shit, I've given you many reasons, but this is the biggest one.

CG has been great to me, and I've tried to give you all as much of my time to work towards improving the community, but now, I can't explain why but I'm almost at a point where I can't stand being here. The forums, the servers, it's all effecting my life in weird, negative ways. In the past month I've noticed one thing, the more time I spend away from the community, the better I feel. I've had people tell me enough times that I'm virtually useless to CG, that I don't do anything and that if I leave it won't even make a difference because I'm already doing nothing, and I completely agree with everyone who has told me that.

I guess I can just say my time here is up, I've spent so many days on both the forums and servers and I'm really fed up with it now.  I feel like I'm letting the community down by doing this, but I especially feel like I'm extremely letting these few people down: Rofl, Tomasas, RTLK, alexanderk, and Jonco. I'm sorry, but I've hit my limit of stress in my life and CG is only making it worse. I've been here for a very long time now. I've seen CG when it's in a shit spot and doesn't look like it is going anywhere, and I've seen it blow up and get thousands of members in just a few weeks. No matter how bad CG may seem at times, it always shows that it can repair itself and even if it's not perfect, it's still been one fucking amazing community for the people who got to witness all the good memories it has generated.

Anyways, like I said I want to keep this short. I could talk about the times I've had here for hours before finally posting this but I'd like to just get it over with. I can't be certain I'll completely disappear from all of CG right away. It's going to take me some time to get away from it, but I certainly won't be spending more than 5 hours a week browsing the forums or stopping in on any of the servers.

Perhaps sometime in the future I'll have gotten through this tough time in my life and feel like coming back, but I highly doubt you'll ever see me on the admin team again. I'll just be a regular player.

things change too fast
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 02:50:33 AM by Kronic »

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: #news #surprise #bye
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 10:46:58 PM »
don't leave us

don't leave me ;(

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 10:48:26 PM »
i still love u

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 10:51:20 PM »
Never really got a chance to know you all that well really, so nothing to much I can say. I hope life treats you well though, and that stuff get's better for ya'.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 11:25:25 PM »
Bye bye kronic :c we'll miss you.

Wait. Hay! You never got back to me after i helped you with your funds that one time. >:@

Na is cool. Good luck buddy. One day I'll give IRL a try. One day.

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 11:28:17 PM »
Kronic you sexy #person #owner #person, I'll miss seeing you around as an admin, but I hope I'll see you around the server when it comes back up. I also wish you luck in whatever you may do outside gaming <3. I'll always remember when you n' me we're regular members, and we were both recruits at the same time, so it was like, a... CCA bromance, but not really, but kinda really. Good times, I miss 'em. We should have more sometiem.
See you around, Kronic ;)
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 02:03:23 AM »
Good bye Kronic. I didn't know you to well, but I hope that whatever personal issues you are going through right now get sorted out soon. Sad to see someone who has put so much dedication into this community leave.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 03:19:47 AM »
i trusted u

jk i already spok to u on steam is ok

Offline turhral=S=C=

• FAHKING
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 04:10:08 AM »
Never really had the chance to know you as I am not in CG very long, but I will still miss you.

Goodbye, Kronic.
We shall bring HL2RP back.
We must.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 04:43:57 AM »
He's not leaving, he's just stepping down from Owner.

...right...?
o7

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 04:46:54 AM »
bye bye Kronic :)

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 05:25:53 AM »
He's not leaving, he's just stepping down from Owner.

...right...?

"The more time I stay away from CG, the better I feel"
I guess he is leaving.

Anyways, It's brave of you to make this decision Kronic. You were and always will be a good person. Good luck with whatever crosses your path!
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 05:52:01 AM »
:( cow is shit
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 05:56:16 AM »

good luck kronic, hopefully we can still play league together

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 06:35:37 AM »
:( Bye Kronic. You were always a fun fellow to be around. We're gonna miss you here.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal